Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss Which dining experiences can I not miss? in the Vacation Planning forums; Oh, character meals, I really loved Donald's breakfastsaurus, about the only guaranteed time to meet Donald Duck! And the food is really good too! Eat late seating and you got ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh, character meals, I really loved Donald's breakfastsaurus, about the only guaranteed time to meet Donald Duck! And the food is really good too! Eat late seating and you got lunch covered as it is buffet, all you can eat!

They had fruit, dougnuts, cereal as well as hot items like eggs, bacon, some funky hashbrowns that were yummy! Of course, the menu can always change, but it was good!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I absolutely love 50's Prime time, for lunch or dinner! If you like fried chicken, I recommend it here, and my husband liked the drink selection. It is so much fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

haunted mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is my short list of must eats while staying at DisneyWorld

Liberty Tree Tavern

Le Cellier

50's Prime Time Cafe

Ohana

I must admit I have not eaten everywher at Disney, but when I find a place I like, it becomes tradition to eat there once a visit.:mickey:

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    MYshort list includes The Whispering Canyon Cafe, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Le Cellier, and Boma.
    They call me "Nana"

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    have to give another nod to Whispering Canyon, defintiely must go.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I just want to second the HDD.. Especially if you can get the discount (yes, it's quite steep. Book in advance if you can). And it's all-you-can-eat, so save money on lunch that day. Mmm.. Ribs. Chicken. Beer (if you like beer, that is).. GREAT salad. Bread. Corn. MMMmmmmm..

And the show is fun. I always have more fun than I remembered at the show (and I remember having fun). My family considers it a must-eat/see.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Cheers guys,

I've just read this thread and it has given me a few ideas. Now to sit down with Ann and look what there is and what each place offers!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    ...if you like beer, that is..
    I don't drink anything with alcohol, and my gf is underage... but my roommate would love it!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I just guzzle the coke.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I finally dined at some different places during my last trip to WDW. I absoloutely LOVED Donald's Breakfastasorus. It had some yummy yummy food.... the service was excellent, and if you want a character experience it was the best one I've been to so far. Also the tables are fairly well spaced out, so I didn't feel like I was sitting on top of other people (like I did at Chef Mickey's). I also really enjoy eating at Sci-Fi. If you go for lunch it's a lot cheaper, and they have excellent milkshakes if you're in the mood. Also, if you're looking for excellent counterservice, go to France... I love having a sandwich and pastry at the Boulangerie Patisserie at Epcot. Absolutely wonderful dessert options, and it's not that expensive.... Norway isn't bad either (Kringla Bakeri og Kafe). Of course, you can never go wrong with Casey's Corner. I always have mini corn dogs while I watch the parade. Food is very important to me, in case you couldn't tell
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    The Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square is waaay yum and easy on your wallet... as is the Backlot Express in MGM.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Ok, I'm reviving this thread from the deep dark depths of page 6 or so, and looking for fresh imput. I started this thread last year in preparation for my going on spring break. Well, I'm doing it again, leaving a week from tomorrow. And as such, I thought it appropriate to see if there is any new input out there. My girlfriend and I decided that the highlight dining experience of our trip last year was Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. We're definitely going back there again, but at the same time we'd like to try some new places we hadn't really gotten to try before.

We really enjoy the places that make good show of guest interaction (ie Whispering Canyon and 50s Prime Time). Are there any other places that offer similar dining experiences? Any good (and affordable) restaurants in the resorts? What do you consider a "must see"? We're going to try to spend more time on this trip doing some "outside the parks" stuff for a change, so resort and Downtown Disney dining options are greatly encouraged!

Thanks!
    -Don-

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    My two "must eats" are Ohana's at the Polynesian and the California Grill at the Contemporary. Also Jiku at Animal Kingdom Lodge is really unique and creative. Ohana's is more family friendly and fun. California Grill is romantic and Jiku is in between.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    My two "must eats" are Ohana's at the Polynesian and the California Grill at the Contemporary. Also Jiku at Animal Kingdom Lodge is really unique and creative. Ohana's is more family friendly and fun. California Grill is romantic and Jiku is in between.
    I agree California Grill is a must do - but is not 'affordable' compared to many others. I had a very nice 9:30pm meal there 2 years ago, no drinks - salad, entra, dessert x 2 people = $110 + tip. Again very nice, excellent food and service... but I still remember the bill .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    I agree California Grill is a must do - but is not 'affordable' compared to many others. I had a very nice 9:30pm meal there 2 years ago, no drinks - salad, entra, dessert x 2 people = $110 + tip. Again very nice, excellent food and service... but I still remember the bill .
    ... umm, yeah. That sounds nice. I'll keep it in mind for after I graduate and have a real job!
    -Don-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast