Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show in the Vacation Planning forums; Anybody been to this? We have a group of adults with 4 kids ages 5 to 12. Should we take the kids or just have an adults only night?...
    jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show

Anybody been to this? We have a group of adults with 4 kids ages 5 to 12. Should we take the kids or just have an adults only night?
    Eric

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    We go every year and the kids enjoy it. The dancers bring the kids up on the stage to do the hula, and the kids love the fire dancer. My kids are now almost 6 and 7 and they've been going since they were 3 and 4. Its definately worth it. But I would say try to get the earlier show as it can be harder for them to stay up.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Earlier show is better because you can catch Wishes afterward. Go even earlier and explore the monorail resorts. Instead of a meal, you can make it an adventure. My kids LOVE the arcade in the CR and monorail hopping. My wife loves wandering the shops. As long as they're all happy, I'm happy. If you want to take it further, plan the whole day outside of the parks. Mini golf in the morning, swimming in the afternoon- it makes for a great pace for the whole day while at the same time soaking in more of what WDW has to offer.
    Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We have been several times and like the new show better than the older one. The little ones will recognize some songs from Lilo and Stitch. I like the old dessert better than the new one, but Mr. iwannabeminnie likes the new one better (he is the chocoholic in our family).
    They call me "Nana"

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We went on it this recent trip, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it being. The last time my family and I went to it, it was in the evening show, which was sportively the show geared towards older guests. I remember it being very nice last time, but this time it seemed more suited to a preschool level. We tried to get a refund and leave when the first dancers came on (we realised it wasnt at all going to be what it was before), but we were told by the "assistant manager" (he said he was only temporary, and couldnt get the full manager of the show for us for an unspecified reason) that the next act would be the fire dancers. Next act? It was christmas songs and more brightly colored dancers that might have been hawaian, but it was hard to tell... Finaly we gave up and tried once more for a refund, but only got 1/2 the money back for another unspecified reason...

Its a shame they removed the old show and replaced it with seemingly preschool music/dancing...
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!