Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss San Angel Inn or Le Cellier? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums, and this is my first thread, so bear with me. My husband and I are going in May to WDW, and I have ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen

Question San Angel Inn or Le Cellier?

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums, and this is my first thread, so bear with me.

My husband and I are going in May to WDW, and I have already made all of our dining reservations. I've made one for the San Angel Inn at EPCOT, but after reading some reviews of Le Cellier, I'm wondering if I should switch. I've read the menus on allearsnet, and Le Cellier looks fantastic, but I just love the ambience of the San Angel Inn.

I am a vegetarian, and my husband is not. The San Angel doesn't have a veggie option on their menu, but my husband called and they can make me a special dish.

I value your opinions!! Thanks in advance!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have read LOTS of reports raving about LeCellier. But after this trip, I will say to ya, Stick with San Angel!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I agree, just did LeCellier, and was dissappointed. I love San Angel.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I have to beg to differ with the girls. I think they may have just had a bad experience. We LOVE LeCellier. We also like San Angel Inn, but if I had to choose between the two, Le Cellier would win everytime hands down.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, Joey didn't like his $27 meatball.

Quite frankly, I have had better steaks at longhorn!!
    and the service...boy, don't even get me started.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Well, Joey didn't like his $27 meatball.

Quite frankly, I have had better steaks at longhorn!!
    and the service...boy, don't even get me started.
    Like I said....I think you just had a bad experience. Tell Joey that bigger isn't always better.

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I personally feel Le Cellier is a much better restaurant than San Angel Inn. I've always had wonderful experiences and great food there. I thought San Angel was mediocre at best. It is a neat atmosphere though I will give it that.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just made our dining reservations last night for June and the first on our list was Le Cellier. In fact, all of the priority seatings were taken for a group of 7 except for one night at 7:20 pm and 8:50 pm was available every night. That should tell you how busy it was! Le Cellier is one of our our top picks everytime we go! Canadian Cheese soup and yummmy pretzel breadsticks! My husband has always had a good steak or salmon.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think both dining choices are excellent. We usually hit both of them on any given time we visit. Any place can have an off night. Though out of 12 trips I have only had one bad experience and it wasn't Le Cellier or San Angel.

BTW Queso Fundido(San Angel) is really good or the Cheese Soup(Le Cellier)!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That cheese soup is awesome! I loved it. Being from Texas, I have learned to stay away from any Mexican food that isn't made in Texas unless I know the family. But Tex-Mex is different...

i would go back to LeCellier tomorrow if I could.

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    That cheese soup is awesome! I loved it. Being from Texas, I have learned to stay away from any Mexican food that isn't made in Texas unless I know the family. But Tex-Mex is different...

i would go back to LeCellier tomorrow if I could.
    I couldn't have said it better myself! But I must add that I would have no problem going to San Angel Inn for margaritas, chips and salsa in the afternoon - just not for a meal...
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Not that sounds like a plan! Good idea and a way to enjoy both places.

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I prefer LeCeller. If I am going to pay a lot for a sit down dinner, I am going to get some steak or salmon and of course the Cheddar Cheese Soup. I would go just for the soup. I could not believe the prices for Mexican food at San Angel Inn. It was good food, but the quick service food across the way from San Angel Inn is almost as good and a lot cheeper. The atmosphere at San Angel in is better and if you go you should go on the boat ride after, it was a great end to the night.I guess it depends on what you rather have ....good atmosphere or good food for the price. I have been to both and have good and bad service at both places.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Normally, I'd say Canada, but the last experience I had wasn't very great. It may have been an off night for them, but I won't be dining there again. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't GREAT!!! (Especially for what we paid!)

As for San Angel, you can watch the crazy people go by in the boats all night. It doesn't get any more romantic than that!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I just can't decide!! We are on the Magic Your Way + Dining option, so money really isn't an issue (other than the drinks! ).

The food does look great at Le Cellier, but watching the crazy people in boats sounds so fun!!

It just seems so funny to go to the Canada restaurant, considering we live in Minnesota and are from North Dakota!! As long as there's no snow!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast