Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Where Should We Eat? in the Vacation Planning forums; Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's just i've been busy and all. Anyways... as my spring break is just around the corner, we've decidedto go to WDW. i ...
    TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama

Question Where Should We Eat?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's just i've been busy and all. Anyways... as my spring break is just around the corner, we've decidedto go to WDW. i know, yay me!! but also, my boyfriend and his family is going, and our parents want us to all go out to each with other. And im the one who has 2 pick the resturaunt, and i don't want anything to fancy and expensive, but i want it special as it's my boyfriend and his family's first trip to the world.

So, does anyone have any ideas of where a 14 year old, and her parents who are experienced, and a 14 your old, his parents, and a sister who's a senior in high school, who have never been before, should go eat??? any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by TXwHnIdY; 03-05-2006 at 02:37 PM.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I always think the Crystal Palace is a good place to eat. If you can tolerate Pooh that is. You just can't beat the deal. I can't remember how much it is off the top of my head, but I remember it being reasonable considering it is a buffett. Great food and you don't feel like they are trying to rush you out.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Thanks, but i was also thinking about going to a non-character dining resturaunt,as i'm not sure if they are big character people. but crystal palace is something i'll definitely consider.
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can do 2 awesome things at once if you book at Mama Melroses in MGM. Ask for the Fantasmic Dinner package. The food is really good and you also get really decent seats for the show without having to wait 2 hours in line. We have done it 2 times in one year and it works awesome every time.

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    Personally, I'd opt for 50s Prime Time at MGM. The food is really good (think old-fashioned comfort foods like fried chicken, meatloaf, pot roast, etc.) and the atmosphere is fun and lively. I've never had a bad meal there. Plus, I believe you can do the Fantasmic Dinner package at this restaurant as well. Have fun!!!
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameo
    Personally, I'd opt for 50s Prime Time at MGM. The food is really good (think old-fashioned comfort foods like fried chicken, meatloaf, pot roast, etc.) and the atmosphere is fun and lively. I've never had a bad meal there. Plus, I believe you can do the Fantasmic Dinner package at this restaurant as well. Have fun!!!

The 50's cafe is cool but you can only get the Fantasmic Dinners at The Brown Derby and Mama Melrose's. Both places have good food plus the reserved seating for Fantasmic.

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Rainforest Cafe. Fun for all ages!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I'd also go for the 50's prime time cafe... I went there with my husband and his family about three years ago, and it was such a fun family restaurant!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I suggest you eat at Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki at the japan pavilion in epcot. It's cool because they make it a show for you while they cook the food right in front of you.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Whispering Canyon Cafe is a fun place to eat with a group of people. Will keep things on the lighter side too...not so serious!!!

Thanks! i've really appreciated all the suggestions. i think i've narrowed it down to either Whispering Canyon Cafe or Rainforest Caf. im not a 100% sure yet though.
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Depends on where you'll be and how long you have.

Polynesian Resort - Ohana's
    MGM- 50's Primt Time Cafe
    MK- Liberty Tree Tavern/Crystal Palace both are pretty good.
    EPCOT- Le Cellier is my personal favorite. Though there is a lot to choose from.
    AK- Rainforest Cafe

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Ohana! I don't think it is too expensive. Especially if you consider all the food you get. Ask for a seat by the window and you can see Wishes. They pipe the music in so you can listen and watch. It's great!