Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Cinderella's Breakfast & Hoop-Dee-Doo Advice in the Vacation Planning forums; OK, we leave on the 4th of Sept for a week at WDW. Kind of a last minute decision on our part. Now, for that time of year do you ...
    mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder

Cinderella's Breakfast & Hoop-Dee-Doo Advice

OK, we leave on the 4th of Sept for a week at WDW.
    Kind of a last minute decision on our part. Now, for that
    time of year do you think it's too late to book for either
    Cinderella's character breakfast in the Castle, or for the
    Hoop-dee-doo show? It'll be just me and my wife. Also, what
    are your thoughts on each. We did the character breakfast
    at the Poly and the Luau last trip and enjoyed both.
    Thanks!
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlori
    OK, we leave on the 4th of Sept for a week at WDW.
    Kind of a last minute decision on our part. Now, for that
    time of year do you think it's too late to book for either
    Cinderella's character breakfast in the Castle, or for the
    Hoop-dee-doo show? It'll be just me and my wife. Also, what
    are your thoughts on each. We did the character breakfast
    at the Poly and the Luau last trip and enjoyed both.
    Thanks!
    I don't know about Hoop-Dee-Doo Show, haven't done it yet.

But breakfast at Cindy's, you may be too late. However, all may not be lost. Start calling now, you may be able to catch a cancellation...or your could even try walking up the day you want to go. This reservations, along with the chef's table at V&A, are very popular and go very fast. They sell out within minutes of the phone lines opening each day.

Back in 2001, I called for 4 mornings straight at just before 7 AM EST exactly 60 days out for our early December trip. Only on day 4 did I get a reservation for 4 big kids (aka "adults") to eat breakfast with Cinderella.

From allearsnet.com:
    Best strategy for getting PS for Cinderella's Royal Table Character Breakfast.
    You MUST call exactly 90 days before the date you want to dine at the Castle for breakfast. And, you MUST start calling a couple of minutes before WDW Dining opens (7 AM, on all days including weekends and holidays. All times are US EASTERN).
    There are two possible greetings:
    a) Thank you for calling the Disney Reservation Center. Our office is closed... (hang up immediately as soon as you hear the words "Our office" and hit redial immediately).
    OR
    b) Thank you for calling the Disney Reservation Center (pause). If you are calling to make a Priority Seating for any location except Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, please press "1" or remain on the line. For Victoria & Albert's, please press "2."

Press "1" as soon as you hear the pause.
    Upon speaking to a "live person", interrupt the CRO rep and blurt out "I need Cindy's, for June xx, for x people, any available time". The CRO rep will understand your temporary rudeness, and you'll make up for it later with endless amounts of gratitude... Don't try and pick a specific time. Any delays will seriously hinder your ability to get a PS.
    Use the 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) number to directly call WDW Dining so you don't get caught in a transfer cue from the central number. This can amount to up to a 12 second delay in getting to Dining.
    You will also need a credit card and there is now a cancellation
    policy.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just booked Chef Mickey's character breakfast and the hoop-dee-doo!
    Cinderella's was booked for the entire week of our stay.
    Just got in to Chef Mickey's (only 2 times remained for the whole week!)
    Now it's decision making time on tours!
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>