Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Payment up front for dinner shows and more... in the Vacation Planning forums; According to a "little bluebird" at WDW, starting at the end of August, all dinner shows will need to be paid in full at the time of booking (e.g. Hoop ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Payment up front for dinner shows and more...

According to a "little bluebird" at WDW, starting at the end of August, all dinner shows will need to be paid in full at the time of booking (e.g. Hoop Dee Doo, Backyard BBQ, Aloha show at the Poly, etc.). This will also likely be the case for Fantasmic and Princess meals as well (no final decision as yet).

Also, look for the dining agents to soon go away as well - they will be incorporated into the main system, and all agents will commission-based and known as "Itinerary Planners."
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    This is true - when I booked the HDDR and the Luau - I had to put it on my card even though it's included on my Silver plan - I'll let you know how it all turns out in November

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i thought when you ps'd something like the hoop de doo that was standard practice.we're going to the hoop for the first time in about 3 weeks and i can't wait.............
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    i booked the backyard bbq and didn't have to pay for it yet...only when i pick up the tickets at the front desk at pop century.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    This is true - when I booked the HDDR and the Luau - I had to put it on my card even though it's included on my Silver plan - I'll let you know how it all turns out in November

Crashbunny - be sure to triple check your credit card statements and your room bill when you leave. I had two instances in May where something that was supposed to have been taken off my silver plan got charged to my credit card (via the front desk). I called Disney and they were quick to correct it, but I would have been out some money if I hadn't caught it.

I hope they don't make prepaid in full the policy for Fantasmic - that is so weather-dependent a show! Even the current 48-hours-prior cancellation policy seems unfair. I got rained out last year, and there is no recourse if the show is cancelled.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Crashbunny - be sure to triple check your credit card statements and your room bill when you leave. I had two instances in May where something that was supposed to have been taken off my silver plan got charged to my credit card (via the front desk). I called Disney and they were quick to correct it, but I would have been out some money if I hadn't caught it.

I hope they don't make prepaid in full the policy for Fantasmic - that is so weather-dependent a show! Even the current 48-hours-prior cancellation policy seems unfair. I got rained out last year, and there is no recourse if the show is cancelled.
    There is no fee for the reserved seating for Fantasmic. The coupon is a courtesy item at the dinner venues at MGM. From what I have been told the seats are only so-so to the side, but you do get to enter at a special entrance. The weather will be fine during your visit.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    According to a "little bluebird" at WDW, starting at the end of August, all dinner shows will need to be paid in full at the time of booking (e.g. Hoop Dee Doo, Backyard BBQ, Aloha show at the Poly, etc.). This will also likely be the case for Fantasmic and Princess meals as well (no final decision as yet).

Also, look for the dining agents to soon go away as well - they will be incorporated into the main system, and all agents will commission-based and known as "Itinerary Planners."
    Is that the Bluebird from Song of the South, Uncle "Lou" Remus? What's that on your shoulder?

That does not surprse me at all. Since they replaced the radio info channel the loud ****ing sound you hear on World Drive as you enter is your money being ripped from your wallet and going to the Corporate Offices via the Utilidors.

Seriously, not showing up for your reservation is a big problem at WDW. It does not help when you call and they say sorry, "no tables," but a handful of tables are empty at showtime. This should help.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    There is no fee for the reserved seating for Fantasmic. The coupon is a courtesy item at the dinner venues at MGM. From what I have been told the seats are only so-so to the side, but you do get to enter at a special entrance. The weather will be fine during your visit.
    I'v done the dinner package twice now and waited in line once for Fantasmic at MGM (and "camped" out in DL sitting on the ground). IMHO, there are no bad seats in the FL version. I wouldn't call either side of the theatre "so-so." The way the show is displayed, it would hard to find a bad seat. You also get to exit using the same special entrance.

Word of advice, if you sit up front...you will get wet. At least we did at both WDW's and DL's shows.

It really comes down to....do you want to book a dinner package or wait longer to get a seat? If you already planning to eat dinner at the Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's, or Hollywood & Vine...you might as well book the package.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

True that there is no fee per se, but at Mama Melrose's and the Brown Derby, your meals are price-fixed and include an appetizer that we probably would have skipped if just coming for a meal. It isn't as bad at Hollywood & Vine, since that is a buffet, but they do sort of force you into paying at the other restaurants.

The viewing area is off to the side, but not a bad view. The walk from the special entrance is LONG. But if you've got kids who hate to wait, like me, the package offers a nice alternative.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're right about the weather!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    True that there is no fee per se, but at Mama Melrose's and the Brown Derby, your meals are price-fixed and include an appetizer that we probably would have skipped if just coming for a meal. It isn't as bad at Hollywood & Vine, since that is a buffet, but they do sort of force you into paying at the other restaurants.
    That's the one thing I didn't like about the package at BD and MM's. When in WDW or on vacationin general, we don't like wasting food or taking it back to our room. So we normally split 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and maybe 1 dessert between the two of us. When we did MM last Fall...we wasted a lot of food.

I somehow doubt we'll do the dinner package again....unless they change Fantasmic show or the normal wait isn't excrutiatingly long.
    Amanda

I agree there are no "bad" seats at Fantasmic, but for the price you pay for the meals I would expect center section just beyond splash zone.

Personally, our favorite seats are last row or close to it. I have bad knees, so I try to avoid too many stairs. Also, makes leaving a lot easier.

*Off Property

I agree there are no "bad" seats at Fantasmic, but for the price you pay for the meals I would expect center section just beyond splash zone.
    You do have a point there!

Personally, our favorite seats are last row or close to it. I have bad knees, so I try to avoid too many stairs. Also, makes leaving a lot easier.
    I hear ya on this one as well. I hate being in a herd...I'd rather get out quick or wait until the end and leave.
    Amanda

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I asked when I booked my trip in November about the Fantasmic dinner and they said when you make PS you have to give your credit card to hold the reservation, they won't charge it unless you don't show up and don't cancel it.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have bad knees, so I try to avoid too many stairs.
    Sorry to hear that Jiminy, but I can empathize completely. I had a mild flare-up of gout during one of our trips, so I know walking around WDW isn't fun on a bum leg.