Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Some Place To Eat in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone been to the restaurant at MGM Studios called Sci-Fi Theater how is the food....
    ladybug35 is offline A-Ticket holder

Some Place To Eat

Has anyone been to the restaurant at MGM Studios called Sci-Fi Theater how is the food.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We enjoy it. The food is good but not what you would call great. The atmosphere more than makes up for it though.
    They call me "Nana"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I think if you really want good food, this isn't the place. But the theming, atmosphere, etc makes up for it. And the shakes are good here! This may be, in my opinion, the best themed restaurant in Disney. I go there, but I don't expect much from the food, and I just take in the atmosphere and I am not dissappointed....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    The food is fair to middlin', but the car booths and the drive-in screen are choice!

The only criticism would be that they extend the clips of b-movies so that you wouldn't run into repeats during a single sitting. There are enough cheesy sci-fi flicks out there to not repeat once a day.

I personally prefer the prime-time in MGM for fun atmosphere, and Brown Derby for delicious...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have to say that although the food isn't fabulous it has improved...my fam and i always eat there for lunch at least once every trip...the atmosphere is fantastic and i just love the movie clips, hilarious! it's something you should def check out and you'll have a good time.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

disneygal66 is offline A-Ticket holder
    At MGM, we ate at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and it was pretty good. And of course our boys had to eat at the Pizza Planet!!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'November 26, 2006 1:00:00 AM EDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Countdown to the most MAGICAL Vacation Spot Ever</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Having a MAGICAL Time!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The food is ok. I really like the Onion Rings and the shakes though! Think dessert was pretty good too. The theming though is superior.