Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Did I make too FEW ADRs? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have made 3 ADRs for our week long trip, is that too few ? So far: MK- Crystal Palace Disney-MGM- Sci Fi Dine in theater Animal Kingdom- Donald's Breakfastosaurus ...
    fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Did I make too FEW ADRs?

I have made 3 ADRs for our week long trip, is that too few ?
    So far:
    MK- Crystal Palace
    Disney-MGM- Sci Fi Dine in theater
    Animal Kingdom- Donald's Breakfastosaurus

We are arriving on Saturday, June 10th around 7pm @ the hotel (giving ourselves about an hour to get to our hotel) I think we might be hungry, do you guys know if boatwrights will be open? My mom wants to stay at the hotel when we arrive so we can enjoy it being that we won't be there the rest of the week but at the parks 24/7 . Should we do boatwrights or the food court?

(sorry for the length ) ALSO, is there a restaurant in Epcot that we should get an ADR for? My mom didn't want me to make an ADR for Epcot because we wouldn't know what we would want to eat. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your patience and help, you made it!
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

June is always busy, we usually go once a year at that time and always book at least one ADR per day just to assure that we will have someplace to eat without a 2 or 3 hour wait.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have heard good things about Boatwrights but I haven't eaten there. I stayed at POR in Oct and now wish I had eaten at least one meal there.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    you might need to do more. I suggest Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki in EPCOT!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    EPCOT Restaurants
    Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki is excellent, similar to Benihanas
    Alfredo's in Italy is really good
    Coral Reef in the Living Seas is great but expensive
    Le Cellier in Canada is a great steakhouse
    France also has great restaurants
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by fancythemouse
    We are arriving on Saturday, June 10th around 7pm @ the hotel (giving ourselves about an hour to get to our hotel) I think we might be hungry, do you guys know if boatwrights will be open?

ALSO, is there a restaurant in Epcot that we should get an ADR for? My mom didn't want me to make an ADR for Epcot because we wouldn't know what we would want to eat. Any suggestions?

Boatwrights is open 5 - 10 p.m. for dinner. It's a nice restaurant. I've had breakfast there and it was very good food.

Epcot's restaurants generally do need ADR's, especially Le Cellier and the other popular ones. You could always call from your room when you get down there to try to make ADR's for later that week or even later that day, but if there is anywhere you think you'd like to try, I would recommend making the ADR's now.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for all your suggestions and help! I hope to make a couple more ADRs today after I talk to my mom. It's really important for us to know where there is a place to eat and how fast we can be served because my mom has hypothyroidism which affects her body and if she goes too long without eating or resting she gets REALLY sick that she has to be bedridden for a couple of hours. She's been to the doctor but they don't know why this is causing so much stuff to happen. So that's one thing my mom is worried about when we go; getting sick and having to stay in the hotel part of the trip but I think if she rests occasionally she'll be okay
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by fancythemouse
    It's really important for us to know where there is a place to eat and how fast we can be served because my mom has hypothyroidism which affects her body and if she goes too long without eating or resting she gets REALLY sick that she has to be bedridden for a couple of hours.

Then I would DEFINITELY make at least one ADR per day so you are guaranteed to get seated at the first available table for your time and party size. You can always cancel them if you decide against eating at that time or place there is a number (free of charge) that you can call from inside any of the parks to cancel. I can't remember the number off the top of my head.....maybe someone else can post it, or I will look through my paperwork and find it if you are interested.