Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss Best Meal and Worst Meal at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; our favorite is the Prime time and Chef Mickey's. I am one of the "unfortunate" ones that had to sing the "tea pot" song, however, it was still alot of ...
    disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    our favorite is the Prime time and Chef Mickey's. I am one of the "unfortunate" ones that had to sing the "tea pot" song, however, it was still alot of fun for everyone. I don't know that we have a "worst" resturant. Unless it would be the Wilderness Lodge. Not that the food was bad because it was really terrific and alot. no one went away hungry! the problem was it was so COLD there that we all caught colds!!!
    \
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder
    My best dining memory at WDW was not so much for the food (which I really don't remember)
    for for the memory. Polynesian Luau in 1977. I was 5 and my dad got "volunteered" to go up and
    learn the hula dance. He so hates volunteering or being centered out for anything. Very memorable.

Worst, or most disappointing, would be returning to the Luau last year. The atmosphere totally wasn't
    the same, and I was a bit disappointed in the food. Not bad, but not what my childhood memories
    was expecting! Maybe I was expecting too much!
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My favorite full service restaurant is Le Cellier (Pretzel Bread)!

My favorite food that they don't serve anymore is the Mickey shaped pizzas in Epcot at the Pasta Piazza (behind the coffee place.) I got one on New Years Eve 2000 on our honeymoon, We went back to Epcot the next day and it was closed. I haven't seen it open since.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Every year, we go to Kona Cafe (Polynesian) for breakfast. While it's usually always enjoyable, we must have hit an "off" day this past June. Our waitor was late coming to our table, our food arrived late and was delivered by one of the managers instead of the waitor, and wasn't up to par compared to past visits.

We always seem to go to the Sci-Fi Dinner when visiting MGM- not that we ever plan to go, but always end up there anyway. The food is good, the waiters are cheerful, and I never get tired of seeing the same old vintage cartoons/movie trailers/commercials.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    LOVE the Kona Cafe as well! Tonga Toast is a must-have every time we go!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    We always eat at the resort's counter service - the chicken quesadillas and pizzas they have (at least at the All Stars and Pop Century) are very good. We also eat at the counter service in Mexico and get dessert in France. And no trip to WDW is complete without a visit with Sunny Eclipse. We always go to these four and get good food and service - occasionally we try others, but these are our favorites!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    have got to say this trip all the best meals were at the Kona Cafe for Breakfast lunch or dinner - everything was great! Loved the Koko puffs~~~

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I'll post these all in the Trip Report, but some of the best meals I had while at WDW were:

California Grill, Hollywood & Vine, Boatwright's Dining Hall and (of course) Pecos Bill's
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Best Meal ever: Surf 'n Turf at the Hollywood Brown Derby in Disney/MGM Studios.

Worst Meal ever: Lamb Shank at Les Chefs de France. First time in my life I ever sent food back and ordered something else. I wasn't alone, two others in the restaurant did the same thing after I did!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The Missing Link at PI used to have the best pork sandwich. Now they don't. Boo to them.

On the other hand, the changed menu at the ABC Commissary was scrumptious. Chicken Curry! I was impressed (even if they did get rid of the chocolate cream pie)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We still ate it, but San Angel Inn is the most boring/mediocre Mexican food we have ever had. It must be the margaritas that entice repeat business in the Mexican pavillion.

The best meal we had on recent trip was probably Le Cellier with'Ohana a close second. I had planned to make it over to Artist Point, but had to cancel because dinner would have interfered with MVMCP time. I hope to try it on another trip.

After all the trips....The Brown Derby, 'Ohana's, and Le Cellier on the "must do" list.

One of these days I hope to try Victoria's and Albert's.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    We still ate it, but San Angel Inn is the most boring/mediocre Mexican food we have ever had.
    Boring? You must try the Chiles En Nogada sometime... far from boring and also a great mexican dish that is rarely served in Mexican restraunts. Unfortunately, it's also a special item, so it may not be on the menu every day.

What it is: two HUGE poblano peppers stuffed with stuff like rice, beef, and raisins, topped with a mole (no, not the animal - pronounced moe-lay) sauce and promegranite seeds. It's a pretty authentic dish as well.

Ok, my list of bests:

Liberty Tree Tavern: the dinner is great, though some of the items are a little more on the mediocre side. But the strawberry vinagrette dressing is worth the price.

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe: One of the best and cheapest meals for a small family can be found here: a whole rotisseree chicken with a big helping of mashed potatoes to feed 2-4 people (depending on how much one person would eat). Best of all? Don't remember the price, but it was in the area of $10-13.

Le Cellier: Never had a bad meal here -- the pumpkin ravioli that I had on my last visit was GREAT. The Moosehead Beer Cheese Stew is a must.

Boma: Best buffet ever.

Brown Derby: What can I say? It's a classic.

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater: Always good... love the atmosphere and the food.

Room service: Meatball sub. One of the best meatball subs I've ever had. Three meatballs as big as your head!

Crockett's Tavern: Only because pizza there has always been a great way to end the day.

Worsts? Hmm...

Didn't care too much for the character breakfasts at all... I've been to a few. I wish they'd bring back the original Crystal Palace! That was a beginning of the day ritual for my family until the pooh breakfast came.

My PB&J milkshake at the 50s Prime-Time Cafe wasn't that great... too warm.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12