Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Dining Discuss Which restaurants do you want to try?? in the Vacation Planning forums; My girlfriend and I are dying to try out California Grille on our next trip, which will hopefully be in December. We had the dining plan on our last trip, ...
    NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    My girlfriend and I are dying to try out California Grille on our next trip, which will hopefully be in December. We had the dining plan on our last trip, and we ate at Alfredo's for dinner one night and that was great! I could eat there every day of the trip. On a side note, I've heard that they're moving the Concourse Steakhouse. Does anyone know any details about that?
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by NORMNB8S View Post
    My girlfriend and I are dying to try out California Grille on our next trip, which will hopefully be in December. We had the dining plan on our last trip, and we ate at Alfredo's for dinner one night and that was great! I could eat there every day of the trip. On a side note, I've heard that they're moving the Concourse Steakhouse. Does anyone know any details about that?
    The only thing I've heard about the Concourse Steak House is that they were moving, I believe, downstairs to where the Food and Fun Center is (I think thats the way I heard it) but I guess they will have to change the name since it's no longer on the Concourse. I really enjoy the Concourse food but also a big part of the appeal to me was where it was located.
    And I'm sure you've heard by now, according to reports, that Alfredo's is supposed to be closing in August
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

OK now with the closing of Alfredo's closing in (now they're saying September), I would really like to find a nice Italian restaurant in WDW. I would really like to try Il Mulino over in the Swan but I'm hearing some negative things about it, has anyone been there?

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Victoria & Albert's
    Le Cellier
    Artist Point
    Yachstman Steakhouse
    Flying Fish Cafe

Dying to go back to California Grill

keeping fingers crossed the new Italian Restaurant in EPCOT will be FAR better than Alfredos
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I'm back from the world now and tried all 3 of those restaurants and loved them all so now I have to make up a new list of restaurants I want to try ( I can dream, can't I?)

my new list: (just listing of few of many that I want to try)

1. Boma

2. Flying Fish
    3. Rose and Crown
    Can't believe I just got back from an unexpected trip to the world and I didn't get to any of the restaurants I wanted to try but I did try some really good ones like Yak and Yeti and O'hana and Citrico's

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    - Mexico's resturaunt in EPCOT
    - Yachts. steakhouse

I'm pretty sure those are my two big ones.......CALIFORNIA GRILL for those that haven't been is AMAZING, best I've ever had on property and has an incredible view...highly recommended!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    -Cinderella's Royal Table
    -San Angel Inn
    -Le Cellier
    -Chef Mickey's
    -50's Primetime
    -Sci-fi
    -Liberty Tree Tavern

and the list goes on....
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Tokyo Dining
    Teppan Edo (Mostly cause my ADR at Teppanyaki got canceled last year because of the remodeling)
    Yak and Yeti
    Jiko (again, more Filet and Mac and Cheese)
    California Grill
    And any other restaurants that serves a good steak.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

I'm trying the resturaunt in WS's Japan in a few weeks...anyone ever been there?? I don't like seafood, so does anyone recommend anything specific?

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I'm trying the resturaunt in WS's Japan in a few weeks...anyone ever been there?? I don't like seafood, so does anyone recommend anything specific?
    Not sure if this is like Teppanyaki dining was (Habatchi style) but if you don't like seafood then I would go with the steak. It seems like a small menu but I guess they have all the basics.....Teppan Edo - Japan Epcot Menus Around Walt Disney World. I would pay the $4.00 more and get the better cut of meat (the filet), I think it will be worth it.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    the chicken is great at teppan edo.

I would like to try the brown derby. what's good there?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    never been to the brown derby... someone in my class went a few years ago and john stamos (Sp) from full house was in there so they got to meet him!

im going to le cellier for the first time in Aug! (finally it has always been booked) my mom and dad have been a long time ago before i cam around and she said they use to have a dessert shape like SSE i believe? and i LOVE dessert! is it still there? and what is it made of? i am salivating just thinking about it!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    the chicken is great at teppan edo.

I would like to try the brown derby. what's good there?

Thanks! And to the guy that recommended the steak and gave the link to the menu...

Brown Derby is ok, though not one of my favorites. However, their filet mignon was pretty good, and the number one thing I remember there is mashed potatoes for some reason

California Grill by far has the best steak I have ever had on WDW Property, and their dessert menu is to die for. My family ended up ordering a different dessert each, and then we passed them around the table so we could all sample and I can honestly say there wasn't a bad one to be found!

*My Visits*

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I really want to try the Flying Fish. Given the amount of time I've spent at the Boardwalk I should've eaten their by now

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewgator View Post
    I really want to try the Flying Fish. Given the amount of time I've spent at the Boardwalk I should've eaten their by now

Flying Fish is pretty good, the Big River Co. Brewery at the Boardwalk is also very good, yet no one ever talks about it

*My Visits*

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast