Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Will we have any problems with this? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all, I have a quick question about ADRs. For all of the times I've been to WDW I've never been in this situation and thought maybe someone on here ...
    Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot

Will we have any problems with this?

Hey all, I have a quick question about ADRs. For all of the times I've been to WDW I've never been in this situation and thought maybe someone on here could shed a little light on my problem.

Later this week my sister and brother-in-law are visiting me in Orlando and we'll be spending 4 days at the World. We have an ADR each day. Well yesterday my boyfriend decided that he would like to visit the parks with us, but of course, when we called to add him to the reservations we were told that it was not possible because all the spots are full being so close to the trip. Does anyone know if we'll have any problems adding him on at the restaurant itself (just telling them that although we had an ADR for 3, it's now 4 and can we be accommodated)? He's prepared to spend an hour on his own, eating at a counter service if necessary, but we'd like to be able to have him join us if possible. The two places we couldn't add him on for are 50's Prime Time in MGM and Rose and Crown in Epcot, if that makes any difference.

Any insight before mid-week would be great because we're heading out there on Wednesday! Thanks in advance!
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

You know Sarah...we had something like this just happen to us during our June trip. On our last day we had an ADR for 9 people at Crystal Palace and then we met up with PinkTink918 (Mandy) and I wanted her to come to lunch with us. My Husband went up to add her and they said that they couldn't do it. His point was that we already had a table for 9 so what was the big deal to add a 10th???? So you are kind of in the same situation being that you are going from 3 people to 4. If the amout of people for your ADR was even I could understand there being a problem. They will most likely tell you no...but just be persistant, it worked for us! Good luck!

Thanks Melissa! The odd number to even number thing is exactly what I thought might save us. Unless they planned on putting a third chair at a two person table, most tables for 3 are essentially for 4 people, minus a chair. We're not sure it'll work, but your situation gives me hope!
    ~Sarah~

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

I would do just that...bring up the point that you are going from an odd amount of people to an even amount. If they still tell you "no" (which BTW...they did to my DH), ask to speak to a manager. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to accomodate you with this particular situation.

One more question.... did your husband wait until the scheduled time for the adr before asking, or did you go up earlier in the day to settle it before it was time to eat?
    ~Sarah~

Quote Originally Posted by Cameo
    One more question.... did your husband wait until the scheduled time for the adr before asking, or did you go up earlier in the day to settle it before it was time to eat?

We didn't make the decision to have Mandy come with us right until it was time for us to go check in so we didn't take care of it in advance. If it were to happen to us again I'd handle it the same way. Especially when they are busy, they just want to get people in and seated, fed and get them out ASAP, so they most likely will not fight you very long on it.