Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss 'OHana is planned, but...... in the Vacation Planning forums; In early Nov, we're planning to eat dinner at 'OHana's, but have not been able to find a per-person-price. Well, I found a few generic listings, but not anything specific. ...
    yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder

'OHana is planned, but......

In early Nov, we're planning to eat dinner at 'OHana's, but have not been able to find a per-person-price. Well, I found a few generic listings, but not anything specific. The WDW website only listed dinner as "$15-$29 per person." Is that accurate? Is it closer to $15 or $29? Does it vary based on season and/or night of the week? We're meeting some family and will have a few other folks with us, so we may incur that "automatic gratuity" as well..... Just want to make sure we plan accordingly!! If anyone has any tips on this, I would appreciate it!!! Thanks!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

We just ate at Ohana in June and the per person price for dinner is a flat rate of $25.99 per adult and $11.99 ages 3-9. There is an automatic gratuity added with a party of 8 or more. It's a fun family experience and the food is always good! Enjoy!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Also, you can check out the menu (I think it has the price, too) at www.allearsnet.com under the Dining page...let me say, the steak is awesome!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Thanks everyone!! That's great info!!
    We had eaten at 'OHana's once... but that was in 1998. Since it had been so long, I couldn't remember the cost info. And after looking at the menu again, all I can say is... YUMMMMMMMMM!!!
    Thanks again for the info!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    me and my g/f went on sunday and it ran $19+ which came out $40+ in total I think its basicaly $20 per person (adults) I loved it, next time i go to WDW for a LONG trip I think I'll either go back to the OHana or flip a coin for chef mickey's breakfast. Ohana is great because they bring u ur food with a great passionfruit/orange/gauva juice mix only downfall there is no pancakes so I might flip for chef mickey's. Tell me how you like Ohana

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Why is it per person? Shouldn't there be seperate prices for the type of dinner you order?

I have only been to two sit down restaurants in WDW. Marrakesh and Rose and Crown, and there were different prices for all the different meals.
    So it is $25.99 if you get a steak and $25.99 if you get a chicken salad? That doesn't seem right to me.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Why is it per person? Shouldn't there be seperate prices for the type of dinner you order?

I have only been to two sit down restaurants in WDW. Marrakesh and Rose and Crown, and there were different prices for all the different meals.
    So it is $25.99 if you get a steak and $25.99 if you get a chicken salad? That doesn't seem right to me.

I thought they were talking about the character breakfast which is a buffet and most if not all buffets are a set price. If they were talking about the dinner than I have no idea. But yea I also ate at Sci Fi at MGM which had different prices for different meals.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Both the character breakfast and the dinner at 'Ohana are all you can eat served family style. What that means is that unlike a buffet, you do not need to leave your seat to get your food...it will be brought to you until you have had enough. This is why both the dinner and the breakfast are a set price based on whether the people in your party are adults or children.

As far as basing the price on the type of dinner you order, that does not work for all you can eats whether they are served buffet or family style. Everything that is on the pre-set menu foodwise for breakfast or dinner at 'Ohana is available to you and included in your price.

WDW has 3 basic types of sit downs/table service:
    -traditional buffet where you get up and get your own food from the buffet (Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Boma, Hollywood & Vine, etc.)

-family style, like a buffet in that you can eat all you want, but unlike a buffet in that the food is brought to your table and each person dishes out their own portions from a center serving plate/bowl in the middle of your table (Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner, Garden Grill, Akershus Breakfast, 'Ohana, etc.)

-traditional table service where each person orders something specific and most likely different off the menu, price will vary by the entree you choose (Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, CA Grill, Jiko, Artist Point, Brown Derby, etc.)

Now there are some variations on those types, but that is the basic idea.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 03-14-2007 at 02:02 PM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    'Ohana serves a 'family-style' dinner. It is a set price of Adults $25.99; Children 3-9 $11.99. The table shares "starters" and "appetizers", then waiters bring around skewers of meat while the family shares bowls of potatoes and vegetables. Everyone gets the same dessert. So really the only choice you have is in what kinds of meat you get off the skewers they bring around (steak, pork, turkey & sausage) and what you pick off the platters.

'Ohana breakfast is considered a buffet, although they bring the food in skillets to your table. It is also one price: Adults $18.99 Children 3-9 $10.99 Under 3 Free

Other family-style meals on property include The Garden Grill, The Spirit of Aloha Luau, and The Liberty Tree Tavern dinner.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Both the character breakfast and the character dinner at 'Ohana are all you can eat served family style.

Just so nobody gets confused...only breakfast at Ohana has characters (Lilo and Stitch the last I knew), not dinner.

JediGamer is offline A-Ticket holder
    You are correct, Melissa. I ate both meals on my last trip and had characters only at breakfast. They bill Lilo & Stitch & Friends (usually Mickey) but they are subject to change. For example, Lilo had the day off (so to speak) on our last trip.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I went in December---even got to eat dinner with Lou---and it was a great meal with a gorgeous view. We were even there when Wishes began! It was so nice. I ate too much and enjoyed it greatly. I hope to take my family on our next trip.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Just so nobody gets confused...only breakfast at Ohana has characters (Lilo and Stitch the last I knew), not dinner.
    Thanks for catching that Melissa. I got a little carried away with the word "character." there.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    does the breakfast cater well to vegetarians?
    The Goofy Princess

I never did get to post after my trip, but we ended up having breakfast there instead of dinner. We had a great time and enjoyed seeing the characters!! Mickey, Lilo, Stitch, and Goofy made it a GREAT morning!! The food was really good too, naturally. The only thing I missed was hash browns... yeah, I'm from the south and like 'em with my breakfast... what can I say? I liked the juice, too, but after a couple glasses, it was really, really sweet.
    All of the CMs were very friendly and made it a great visit with Baby Yensid. I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....