Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Dining Discuss Most underated eaterie? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie The Electric Umbrella--their roast beef sandwich with pineapple slaw is delicious. I had that back in 2003 and it was great then!! Yummy!!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    The Electric Umbrella--their roast beef sandwich with pineapple slaw is delicious.

I had that back in 2003 and it was great then!! Yummy!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love Casey's Corner. Hot dogs, baseball, and a view of the Castle. Can't beat that. They should sell roasted peanuts (but I imagine they don't want to deal w/ the leftover shells).

I tend to think of the Brown Derby as underrated, only because I don't seem to read a lot about it when the subject of favorite restaurants comes up on the various Disney message boards. It's a classy restaurant, couldn't be more appropriate in contributing to the overall theming of the Studios as it is an exact internal replica of the original Brown Derby of Hollywood, and the menu includes the Cobb Salad which was invented by the BD's owner and popularized by Sid Grauman himself. I've never tried anything else there but the Cobb, and it is fantastic.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post

I tend to think of the Brown Derby as underrated, only because I don't seem to read a lot about it when the subject of favorite restaurants comes up on the various Disney message boards. It's a classy restaurant, couldn't be more appropriate in contributing to the overall theming of the Studios as it is an exact internal replica of the original Brown Derby of Hollywood, and the menu includes the Cobb Salad which was invented by the BD's owner and popularized by Sid Grauman himself. I've never tried anything else there but the Cobb, and it is fantastic.

Brown Derby is one of my faves too. it certainly does not get the credit it deserves. the Cobb salad is great, but my wife doesn't like it, so maybe it's not for everybody.

good call though, bringing attention to a restaurant that deserves it.

If we can dream it, we can do it

AmazingEARL is offline A-Ticket holder
    My wife and I had lunch at the Harbor House in Liberty Square at MK. We weren't expecting much...it was counter service, after all. But the fish there was fantastic! (We wanted to eat at the Fish Shop in Epcot, but it was closed.)

Meanwhile, we had dinner one night at the Sci-Fi Drive in at MGM. The food wasn't anything spectacular...but the theming more than made up for it.

Steak and Ed Wood movie trailers at the same time. It was awesome!

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    Cosmic Ray's is the best. We make a point to eat there at least twice each trip.
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I always enjoy Mama Melrose's. The food is good and I love the relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant is very comfortable.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Everytime I read this thread I get sooooo hungry! I can't wait for December!

Casey's, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Garden Grill at Epcot, the food is amazing and the characters are so much fun
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    Garden Grill at Epcot, the food is amazing and the characters are so much fun
    ITA, We showed up 20 mins. early for our ADR in August. We were sat right away.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I really love Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square... the chicken and fish are great! Casey's and Pecos Bill's and also great. Magic Kingdom seems to have the best fast food. Also Nine Dragons is rarely mentioned (Epcot), it has amazing sesame chicken.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I don't think the Brown Derby is underrated at all. I think the problem is that many people who haven't dined here perceived it too be pricey and/or upscale for their tastes....so they don't try it. We've dined here on every trip to WDW. It's definitely one of my favorite places to dine. It's the primary reason I haven't gone to 50s Prime Time, which I suspect the opposite is true for others.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    we love the columbia harbor house at MK, the fountainview cafe at epcot, and the backlot express at mgm.

all of which have fabulous vegetarian options.

as well as the bakery on main street. mmmm to chocolate croissants and mochas!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    WOLFGANG PUCK'S EXPRESS!!!! yaaaa
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Tusker House/Pinnochio Village Haus!!!!

mmmm....now im hungry...GO BUCKS!
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like Pecos bill's.. u get all the great extra toppings and cheese for your french for free!! Yeah that right, I said free and Disney in the same context!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast