Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining at WDW... HELP in the Vacation Planning forums; My daughter and friends would like to surprise a couple of thier teachers with a gift certificate for a WDW resturant while they are on thier belated honeymoon. My question.... ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Dining at WDW... HELP

My daughter and friends would like to surprise a couple of thier teachers with a gift certificate for a WDW resturant while they are on thier belated honeymoon.

My question....

Is it possible to get a Gift Certificate for WDW resturants?

also....

Is there somewhere on line where I can see what kinds of gift baskets are available to send to thier room?

Any help you can give is deeply appreciated.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    You could always opt for Disney Dollars, that way they could use them at any restaurant, or for that special souvenir they wouldn't buy unless they had the extra money.

My kids sent me flowers when I took them on their last trip. They were in our room when we checked in. I'll find out where they came from.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'll second the Disney Dollars!!

I'm a big fan of gift cards in general, especially if you are unsure what a person(s) may really enjoy. It allows the recipient to get exactly what they want!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder
    From what I've heard, all you have to do is contact the resort that they're staying at, and they'll take care of it.

Friend of mine did an anniversary trip down there, and just mentioned it IN PASSING when they made the reservations, and they had a NICE anniversary package waiting on them when they checked into the room.s

I'd have to agree with Minnie on the Disney Dollars...expert that I am...hehehe...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Thanks guys!

I must admit that my first thought was Disney Dollars. DD wanted me to help find a great resturant, one they might not know about or think of, then get the certificate insuring a wonderful evening.

It will be easier to fly the Disney Dollars idea if we know that Gift ceertificates aren't an option..... Does anyone know this as a fact?

Thanks.
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    About the gift baskets: I just used walt disney world florist (www.disneyflorist.com), and they were very helpful. They don't have much in the way of wedding themes online, but I called them at 407 -827-3505 and they helped me put together something for my brother's honeymoon. For $74.07 total (including wrap, tax & delivery) I sent Minnie & Mickey bride & Groom plush ($12 ea.), the bride & groom mickey ears ($10 ea.), a box of chocolates ($10), and a congratulations balloon ($3.50). I could have sent less of this or added more if I wanted, and they were going to deliver it the same day. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from the recipients yet to know if they actually got it - I'll post again when I do!

Hope this helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Pat.... that sounds wonderful!

Yes if they have pictures let me know.

One difficult thing is the fact that I don't know how much they are into Disney, like would they appreciate the plushesor ears?

I was thinking a bottle of Champagne, some chocolates (maybe chocolate covered Mickey Pretzels, and maybe Mickey Slippers. Do you know if they have Minnie Slippers?

I'm rolling now.
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Maybe make them a Priority Seating somewhere and arrange for a bottle of wine, etc to be delivered? Ask 'em... Disney will do anything to help you out (For the most part)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My kids used disney florist also. I had a very nice bouquet waiting arranged in a Mickey Coffee Mug (make that Mickey Mega Coffee Mug--it's HUGE). When I asked how much it cost though, I was told "Nunya". That's Texan for "None of your business." It had red roses, yellow daisies, and purple tulips. For a honeymoon you might want something more romantic than a coffee mug though. I would just get online and see what they have to offer.

Do you know these people well enough to know if they drink? (Silly question--but if they don't drink you don't want to throw away big bucks on bubbly.) The chocolates sound nice though. If they don't like chocolate (and who doesn't?) they can mail them to me and I will see that they get taken care of!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe

I was thinking a bottle of Champagne, some chocolates (maybe chocolate covered Mickey Pretzels, and maybe Mickey Slippers. Do you know if they have Minnie Slippers?
    The florist definitely could do the Champagne or wine, the chocolates & Mickey pretzels. Also cheese & crackers were available. (They offered these items to me when I called them. But, my brother & SiL don't drink, and he's allergic to cheese, so I just went with the chocolates & plush).

The wedding ears are just cute. I'll be happy if they take one photo with them on. And if they wear them and get extra attention from them, then that's good for them, too.

I called the florist & PO:FQ and they assured me that my gift was delivered. The florist said it was signed for at PO:FQ at 2:50 p.m. - pretty good for a custom order placed at 11 a.m. that same day!
    The honeymooners are probably just too busy to call me .

Don't know about the slippers, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

With the gift certificates: I would think you could get them for the Downtown Disney restaurants that are not Disney owned (House of Blues, for example) without a problem. Don't know if that is an option for you?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder
    How about a shamless plug for another web site?

http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/

Give the Pixies a call...I'm sure they can help you set something up...