Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining with a group of 20? in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, in the future, I'm going to be making a dinner reservation for somewhere outside of the Disney parks (one of the hotels on property) for a group of twenty ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Dining with a group of 20?

Okay, in the future, I'm going to be making a dinner reservation for somewhere outside of the Disney parks (one of the hotels on property) for a group of twenty people. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I know I've dined with a group of 30 at 1900 Park Faire, and that was a bit loud. I was wondering if anyone had been anywhere else that was highly accomodating toward a group of twenty.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Right now, the idea is possibly Ohana's at the Polynesian, however we are wondering if there is any place else that would be better.

I can't wait to call and book that reservation, where ever we do end up.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

I would think that Boma might be a good idea as well. Or maybe even Alfredo's at Epcot.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I would think that Boma might be a good idea as well. Or maybe even Alfredo's at Epcot.
    It has to be out of park, since not everyone will have a Disney Pass. But Boma may not be a bad idea... I know we have a few picky eaters though.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    'Ohana sounds like a really good choice, because of the way the food is served, but you might need to check the menu with those picky eaters you mentioned. Kona Cafe also could be nice, and much quieter. Buffet restaurants like Chef Mickey's are great for variety (even Boma has something for everyone), but it means everyone in your group will constantly be getting up and down for more food. Boatwrights at Port Orleans might be more quiet, but can't say if it is more accommodating to a large group or not.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    It has to be out of park, since not everyone will have a Disney Pass. But Boma may not be a bad idea... I know we have a few picky eaters though.

Boma has a huge selection of food and I'm sure that everyone will find something that they would like. They have a good selection of different roasted meats and you can even find things like chicken fingers or spaghetti and meat balls! And the dessert "pod" is amazing! I was just trying to think of places that would most likely be able to accomodate 20 of you together or at least right next to each other. We ate there in June as a party of 12 and they fit us all at one long table.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I have done Artist Point at the Wildernes Lodge with 20 people, but service while good, was a little slow because of the size. 'Ohana or any buffet style place will be better
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

When we made our ADR's for Ohana this past June we couldn't even get seating together at one table for a party of 9. They had to split us up. Even though we weren't too far apart....we weren't actually dining together.