Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Quick Question about 1900 Park Fare in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! I'm eating for the first time at 1900 Park Fare on Sunday for the character dinner (which I am super excited about!) and I'm wondering if fancier dress ...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!

Quick Question about 1900 Park Fare

Hello everyone! I'm eating for the first time at 1900 Park Fare on Sunday for the character dinner (which I am super excited about!) and I'm wondering if fancier dress is expected? I know that it is in the Grand Floridian, and last time I visited there, everything was higher class and higher expectations. I am going to the parks on Sunday, and I was originally planning jeans and a nicer sweater...would this be okay?

Also, any tips on what to eat for sure there? I've seen the menu on allearsnet, but I'd like some input from fellow DWT'ers!

Thanks everyone!
    Tina

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I am a picky eater, so I won't give you any food recommendations.
    I will tell you that I had on capris (jean) and a golf shirt and I was fine.
    Walking through the lobby I felt underdressed, but not at all once I was at dinner.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Okay, good good. We can't all be dressed to the nines in Florida weather (Which, despite it being Dec. it will stilll reach a high of 80 on Sunday, yikes.)
    Tina

We always go right from the parks and always are wearing shorts and a tshirts and it isn't a problem at all. The only place on WDW property that you are expected to be dressed is at Victoria & Alberts. We took my SIL and her family for their first visit to 1900 Park Fare for dinner this past June and it ended up being their favorite meal of the entire trip. It's a must do for us each and every trip! Enjoy!

Thank you!
    Tina

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Last time we ate there with the characters it was a buffet. Cant remember what time we went but we were lucky- saw Mary Poppins, Winnie Pooh and pals, and Mad Hatter and Alice etc!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymie View Post
    Last time we ate there with the characters it was a buffet. Cant remember what time we went but we were lucky- saw Mary Poppins, Winnie Pooh and pals, and Mad Hatter and Alice etc!!

1900 Park Fare is always served buffet style. Mary, Alice and the Mad Hatter are now there for breakfast. Dinner is Cinderella, Prince Charming, Perla, Suzy and the Fairy Godmother.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    When we went in July, the breakfast was Mary, Alice, Tigger and Pooh.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    1900 Park Faire has no dress code beyond the standard "No shirt, no shoes, no dice" policy.

In fact, there's only a handful of restaurants at WDW that have any dress code beyond that (3 of them are at the Grand Floridian).

Citrico's, Narcoossee's, Jiko, The Flying Fish Cafe, Artist Point, The Yachtsman Steakhouse and the California Grill have the following dress code (enforcement is spotty):

Dress Attire is Business Casual
    Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, short or long-sleeved shirt with a collar required. Jackets are optional.
    Ladies: Jeans, skirts, or dress shorts with blouse or sweater, or a dress required.
    Not permitted in dining room: tank tops, swimming suits or swim suit cover ups, t-shirts, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing of any kind.
    Victoria & Albert's has the following code:

Dinner jacket is required for gentlemen (tie optional) and dress or pants ensemble for ladies.
    In addition, Shula's has a "business casual" dress code, though its not posted on the WDW site. Its basically the same code as the first description above, but again, enforcement is spotty. For example, it says no t-shirts, yet I've never been in one of those restaurants when there weren't at least a few people wearing t-shirts. For the most part, they're just trying to keep people from showing up in beachwear or other shabby clothing.

Bistro de Paris will also usually tell you "no tank tops" when you make your ADR. Not sure if that's enforced.

I am going to the parks on Sunday, and I was originally planning jeans and a nicer sweater...would this be okay?
    So, yes, this would be perfectly acceptable in any WDW restaurant except V&A.

Good to know, thanks!
    Tina

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    No problem, have fun!

I've eaten at Narcoossee's, Artists Point, Yachtsman and Shula's all in basic shorts and tshirt coming straight from the parks with nothing at all ever said. I truly believe that V&A's is the only restaurant on WDW that really has a "dress code".