Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Books Discuss Peter and the Starcatchers in the Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books forums; I know a lot of people here have read this book. I'm thinking about reading them but have a question. I am not a fan of Peter Pan....I can't even ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Peter and the Starcatchers

I know a lot of people here have read this book. I'm thinking about reading them but have a question. I am not a fan of Peter Pan....I can't even sit through the movie. Should I bother to read them? And the same question for Peter and the Shadow Thieves and Escape from the Carnivale.

How much Peter Pan is there in the books?

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Stitch it is about how Peter actually becomes Peter Pan. In Peter and the Starcatchers, he is a normal boy named Peter throughout the entire book until near the end when you learn how he gains the powers to fly.
    In Peter and the Shadowthieves he is Peter Pan throughout the entire book and Tink is introduced.
    I love Peter Pan so I loved these books. But I will say I thought they were phenomenal and fun to read anyways. If anything I would try the first one and see if you want to know what happens next. They seem large but have short chapters and fairly large words. It goes quickly.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I knew you would have the answers. They sound interesting. I'll have to give them a try. Who knows...I may grow to like the movie.

BTW....reading a book now I think you are going to LOVE!!! (not the Deaver one)

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I wouldn't say they are really like the movie. Wendy, Micheal, and John are not in the book. Peter ends up becoming friends with a girl named Molly. I have my suspicions that she may be Wendy's mother, but unless there are other books to follow this may just be a theory I have.
    I liked the second book better, I thought it was more action packed, but after the first one or even half of the first one, you will know if you are interested in reading more I am sure.
    I would love to hear about the book you are reading. I am still reading The Looking Glass Wars, and since I have gotten my job I am reading it quite slowly. I am enjoying it though, pretty interesting. I think I have a real interest for these books that retell the classic stories.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 04-30-2007 at 02:54 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MickeyMouseMan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I read both of those books and I thought they were both good, but I liked the 2nd a little more.
    Check Out my brand new WDW blog!-http://gradingdisney.blogspot.com/

2011 Disney Trips
    Februrary - Disney Dream 3 day cruise and 4 days at WDW