Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Books Discuss Off the Shelf: Spinning Disney's World in the Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books forums; This latest Off the Shelf column is on Spinning Disney's World , by Disney Legend Charles Ridgway. It's an interesting and enjoyable read. Your thoughts?...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Off the Shelf: Spinning Disney's World

This latest Off the Shelf column is on Spinning Disney's World, by Disney Legend Charles Ridgway. It's an interesting and enjoyable read. Your thoughts?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Just subscribing to this thread cause I don't have time to read it this moment. I'll be back!

I'm in the middle of reading that book - my schedule doesn't allow me to just sit down and plow through it. Yes it is an interesting read - has a lot of the known stories, but his perspective from the publicity department is at times very unique. I have found several typos, and a few factual inconsistencies (from a trivia point of view) - but overall very good. Would love to have heard more interviewing on Lou's WDWRadio show.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Yes it is an interesting read - has a lot of the known stories, but his perspective from the publicity department is at times very unique. I have found several typos, and a few factual inconsistencies (from a trivia point of view) - but overall very good.
    That's a good way of describing it, Craig. I would have liked to have read more that weren't the Disney stories we've heard before, like the duck parade.
    The editing mistakes I was a little surprised at, too. The factual inconsistencies I can excuse a bit, out of respect for Mr. Ridgway's senior status.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    ...out of respect for Mr. Ridgway's senior status.
    ( Craig keeps in mind that someday he too will wear the badge of 'Senior Status' - but not for many, many years or longer!)

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Imaginerding: We're Bringin' Nerdy Back!: Yours Truly, Charles Ridgway

My brother, Andrew, the other Imaginerd, did a great review of the book. I highly recommend this title to everyone that likes Disney.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Overall I enjoyed the book and would recommend it. At times it felt like Ridgeway wouldn't finish his stories, not because he was hiding anything like I'd figure a press agent might, but because his mind just sorta trailed off somewhere else, or maybe the story was a minor afterthought. In any case, that was frustrating. On the other hand I can forgive this because I love these types of books that are really autobiographies of one person's experiences at Disney. There are accounts and insights here that have never been told before. I briefly met Ridgeway at a NFFC Show book signing. He was warm, pleasant, and easy-going. It's great he's had this chance to share his life's work.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.