Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Books Discuss Anyone read these books? in the Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books forums; I found these titles while browsing the Chapters/Indigo website. Has anyone read them - and are they worth buying? Inside the Magic Kingdom http://dynamic.images.indigo.ca/Stic...ity=85&lang=en Be Our Guest - Perfecting the ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Anyone read these books?

I found these titles while browsing the Chapters/Indigo website. Has anyone read them - and are they worth buying?

Inside the Magic Kingdom
    http://dynamic.images.indigo.ca/Stic...ity=85&lang=en

Be Our Guest - Perfecting the Art of Customer Service
    http://dynamic.images.indigo.ca/Stic...ity=85&lang=en

The Kingdom Keepers
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 10-28-2006 at 10:19 PM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I have The Kingdom Keepers. Have not read it yet but I have heard marvelous things about it. Also the author, Ridley Pearson, co-wrote Peter and the Starcatchers and Peter and the Shadowthieves which were both wonderful books, so I have a good feeling this one will be too.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

It looks like a good book, thanks for the info.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I am almost finished with the book I am reading now so Kingdom Keepers will most likely be next. I will let you know how it is when I start.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I've read Kingdom Keepers. It's a pretty cute book. It will make you think twice about riding It's a Small World though!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I've read Kingdom Keepers too, it's a very easy book to read. It's a good relaxing read that I loved!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've read the Be Our Guest one, it's pretty much for business people. Gives lots of advice on how to improve your company's customer service.

Haven't read Kingdom Keepers yet, but I have read Peter and the Starcatchers, which was good.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I almost bought Kingdom Keepers at the parks, but thought I could buy it back home with a discount. I didn't see it at Borders, but I am going to look at other places. I have more than enough to read right now anyway. I may not get it until my next trip to Disney World. The back of the book mentioned IASW. Very creepy
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I've read the Be Our Guest one, it's pretty much for business people. Gives lots of advice on how to improve your company's customer service.

I am actually interested in the business end of it. My boss thinks I am some customer service guru because I worked for Disney. (he says he can hear the smile in my voice when I talk.) I would like to brush up on my Disneyfied customer service though.

Thanks everyone for your input

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Be Our Guest and Insid the Magic Kingdom are excellent books. I have read parts of both to use while I work. And like a few other post...Kingdom Keepers is awesome...I know someone that read it
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

PsychoTyco244 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I will gladly admit and recomend to anyone who has any love for Disney what-so-ever, that Kingdom Keepers is an excellent book. It kept me on the edge of my seat, not being able to put it down. I absolutely loved it.

Peter and the Starcatchers is aswell an amazing book, it makes alot of things in Peter Pan make more sense, and give you an idea of where everything is comming from.

I am also reading an old book that I bought from a guy who is at the diner that I go to everynight, for $6. It's called The Art of Animation, by I believe Bob Thomas, published in 1958. Its an amazing book all about Disney animation, that goes through all of the obsticals and how they got everything to work while they were making the first few animated films. They even had things from Lady and the Tramp in there, which I thought was very cool. If anyone has heard about that book, let me know, I'd like to hear what other people think about it. Its difficult to find I'd immagine, and probably worth quite a bit, but like I said, anyone who knows of that book, let me know. And if anyone can find it anywhere, my recomendation is to get it immediatly, before the chance passes you by. Its such an amazing book, it rarely leaves my side

ilivemylifeasme is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know this is bumping a pretty old thread, but thought some would like to know that I've found The Kingdom Keepers on Barnes & Noble online for only $4.98!

I hope this information is useful to somebody and worth the bump

Miss Neverland is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoTyco244 View Post

I am also reading an old book that I bought from a guy who is at the diner that I go to everynight, for $6. It's called The Art of Animation, by I believe Bob Thomas, published in 1958. Its an amazing book all about Disney animation, that goes through all of the obsticals and how they got everything to work while they were making the first few animated films. They even had things from Lady and the Tramp in there, which I thought was very cool. If anyone has heard about that book, let me know, I'd like to hear what other people think about it. Its difficult to find I'd immagine, and probably worth quite a bit, but like I said, anyone who knows of that book, let me know. And if anyone can find it anywhere, my recomendation is to get it immediatly, before the chance passes you by. Its such an amazing book, it rarely leaves my side
    Well, I have a book by the same name and author however it goes up to the production of Hercules. It has a holographic cover-i think that's the term for it-you know where you tip the book and the image changes. It has Mickey in the centre and the 4 corners of the cover each have a little animation from Hercules. It has detail about each film in it and screenshots and the actual cell images.

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Neverland View Post
    Well, I have a book by the same name and author however it goes up to the production of Hercules. It has a holographic cover-i think that's the term for it-you know where you tip the book and the image changes. It has Mickey in the centre and the 4 corners of the cover each have a little animation from Hercules. It has detail about each film in it and screenshots and the actual cell images.
    The 1958 version is different than the ones put out in the last 20 years or so.

The 1958 is a rare collector's item. Hold on to it!
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?