Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Characters Discuss Lilo, the ageless wonder? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; so tell me guys, am I the only one that can't figure out how old Lilo is supposed to be? It seems to flit back and forth through the better ...
    LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

Lilo, the ageless wonder?

so tell me guys, am I the only one that can't figure out how old Lilo is supposed to be? It seems to flit back and forth through the better part of the movie.
    as times she seems so young, the only school she attends is hula school, she's small enough for Nani to carry, the other girls her age ride tricycles, but Nani lets her walk around town by herself while she's at work, she can read her voodoo book enough to "punish her friends", uses the word "abomination".

we all know Lilo is not your typical little girl, and it's a cartoon so there is a suspended reality to it, but i find this puzzling. thoughts anyone?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Maybe she's a relative to Dorian Gray.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I think I read somewhere that she is suppose to be 5. As far as being allowed to run amok at that age...i think that is more a testament to how overwhelmed her sister is (as a single parent myself Nani is one of my favorite Disney characters)
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I always thot she was 7 or 8. Maybe she is just short. LOL Oh and they ride Big Wheels. Yeah, yeah, I am picky but I grew up on those things...I miss real Big Wheels. sigh.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Maybe she's a relative to Dorian Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    I think I read somewhere that she is suppose to be 5. As far as being allowed to run amok at that age...i think that is more a testament to how overwhelmed her sister is (as a single parent myself Nani is one of my favorite Disney characters)
    I think I read the same thing about her being around 5. Sometimes though, I get the feeling from the movies and the tv series her age range could be anywhere between 5 to 8 years old.

And as far as Lilo being on her own in town, well she just strikes me as latch key kid without the key. Back in the day, that was more common for kids of single parents to have less supervision as their parent worked.

As far as her vocabulary and ability to read, I suspect the ability to read at 5 isn't all that unusual. As for her use of the word "abomination," I suspect she picked it up from someone. My nephew was using the word "hypochondriac" at that age.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Doesn't Nani say she's six years old, when she explodes at Pleakly and....the other alien?

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    I always thought she was 7
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    HI JOANNA!

BTW...I love Pleakly. Ya gotta wonder about him sometimes. LOL Someone had a sense of humor when they created his character's likes and dislikes. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i found this stuff on the imdb website and thought you guys might be interested!

-According to Stitch's dog license at the shelter, the adoption official is "Susan Hegarty", the name of the actress who voiced the character. Also, according to the license, Lilo and Nani's last name is "Pelekai".

-The name "Lilo" means "Generous One" and its origin is Hawaiian. It can also be interpreted as "Lost" and this would give the song title "He Mele No Lilo" a loose translation as "Lullaby of the Lost".

-The name Nani means "Beautiful" in Hawaiian.

morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm not positive but at the end of the movie during all the little seaces I'm pretty sure the birthday cake for Lilo had six candles making her five in the movie