Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Characters Discuss What's next for the Mouse? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I think it's about time Disney let Mickey out of his cage and let the world get to know him again. We were told two years ago when Epic Mickey ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

What's next for the Mouse?

I think it's about time Disney let Mickey out of his cage and let the world get to know him again.

We were told two years ago when Epic Mickey was releasing that we were to see a re-branding of Mickey Mouse more akin to the mischievous adventurer of yesteryear. For those of you who may not know, Disney accidentally let it slide that Epic Mickey 2 is on it's way for PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the first game and I'm really looking forward to the next installment, but to really make an impact this is going to have to move beyond gaming.

Recently Burny Mattison (Disney Animator) who worked on Winnie The Pooh said that he wanted to work on a Mickey Mouse movie. And while Disney doesn't currently have such a film on it's release schedule it seems like it's about the right time to put Mickey back on the silver screen.

What do you guys think?
    Do you want to see a feature length MM film, or would you prefer he sticks to the shorts format?
    Would you want to see the project done with CGI or classically hand drawn? Do you think that it's time for him to get back in touch with his - although heroic - mischievous side or do you prefer that he stick to the unblemished, morally correct mouse that he has morphed into being for the younger kids?

I just thought this would be a good topic for conversation.

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: What's next for the Mouse?

The problem would be the story. You would need something that would last 90 minutes rather than the length of Steamboat Willie.

I loved House of Mouse when it was first airing on tv, maybe they should go back to something along the same lines first and see what they can grow out of it.

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    What do you guys think?
    Do you want to see a feature length MM film, or would you prefer he sticks to the shorts format?
    I think Mickey is always best in the shorter format, but he should have a television show. Warner Bros. successfully brought Bugs Bunny and friends back to TV. The same should be done with Mickey.

Would you want to see the project done with CGI or classically hand drawn?
    CGI. It's the future and Walt was always looking for ways to improve the art of animation. If he were running the studio today all the animation would be done through CGI. We have Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas and I think the animation is so beautiful and textured. It adds a really nice dimension to the characters.

Do you think that it's time for him to get back in touch with his - although heroic - mischievous side or do you prefer that he stick to the unblemished, morally correct mouse that he has morphed into being for the younger kids?
    I don't know if he should go back to the mischievous prankster he was when he first started out, but a little more edge couldn't hurt. Otherwise he'd be kind of boring.

I know my son would love any show starring Mickey and the gang. He loves the "Have a Laugh" segments on the Disney Channel and spent breakfast glued to the Mickey cartoons playing at the Mara in Animal Kingdom Lodge.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think a CGI short before a feature length film would be nice.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm not sure if Mickey can return to a true prankster, that's kind of Donald's job.

1_lil_SPARK is offline A-Ticket holder

I do feel that it is time to bring the mouse back to the silver screen. It's not like they haven't made a movie of one of the 'fab five' before into a feature length movie. May I remind the awesome 'A Goofy Movie'?! In face if they could make it with the whole gang or just with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy would be super sweet! I miss the hand drawn style of animation, and would be greatly prefered.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

yes the goofy movie was amazing watched it last week actually , i think a full feature film would be great for the near future
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

You know what would be just AWESOME to see? Mickey when he meets Donald, Goofy... The girls (Minnie and Daisy) like in a college setting that later on less to a grander story!
    "Some happy songs, some snappy dances.
    Costumes and sets, spoofs and romances.
    With laughs and tears, and footlights all aglow,
    The sparks ignite a brand new show!"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by 1_lil_SPARK View Post
    You know what would be just AWESOME to see? Mickey when he meets Donald, Goofy... The girls (Minnie and Daisy) like in a college setting that later on less to a grander story!
    Like Rugrats, then Rugrats all grown up?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Well, no. Not in that sense. Just referencing 'a Goofy Movie' made me think about it's follow up sequel. Just remembering Max going through college had me flash back to college, and... well I guess I just like this idea of our favorite characters younger, meeting each other for the first time, first impressions, them reaching for their own personal dreams and fame... Not so much as kids or infants. It just excites me more that it was done through a young adult point-of-view. Plus just hear and seeing the story of the untold 'how the gang met' story would seem like a good idea.
    "Some happy songs, some snappy dances.
    Costumes and sets, spoofs and romances.
    With laughs and tears, and footlights all aglow,
    The sparks ignite a brand new show!"

Snugglepaw is offline A-Ticket holder

Of course i would love to see another one. I believe Disney is testing him out with the new shorts to see his appeal and maybe test out the voice over cast for a new adventure.

At least I can hope that