Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Characters Discuss Ever notice... in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; how lame the charcter training is? They must have like a couple sentences in the training pamphlet on posing eh? For now on if I take a pic of them, ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Ever notice...

how lame the charcter training is? They must have like a couple sentences in the training pamphlet on posing eh?

For now on if I take a pic of them, I'll mock them with the foot thing, and wave my finger in a "No no" fashion jeez..

edit: I do not care to use these pics

I'm just kidding CM's.. we love the foot thing! Here's to you Mr raise your foot to delight and excite CM trainer guy.. we be lost without you.. mr raise your foot to delight and excite CM trainer guy...
    Last edited by Tampa; 06-21-2005 at 07:58 AM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I am slightly afraid of what other poses they may try!

I could live with a flex over a foot lift.. ya know?

c'mon... show me them Mickey Muscles!!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Maybe the photographer wanted them to be in the same pose, so that the pictures all kind of matched?

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Or, maybe it's to keep consistency from CM to CM considering some might portray numerous characters and get confused easy?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think there is some sort of conspiracy. Where is Oliver Stone when you need him?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL...What's funny thinking about that is that when I did costumed characters for the TV station I would automatically put out my arms and my foot....LOL...no one ever told me to...i think its just that i had seen characters pose that way so many times that it was just automatic and a way to show off--kinda like TA DA! LOOK AT ME!...not that I'm an extrovert or anything...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

kinda like how Goofy CMs pull his ears out, something I've never seen him do in toon land.
    Last edited by Tampa; 06-18-2005 at 09:19 PM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    They are posed like that because when you ask the characters for a picture completely by themselves, they usually strike that pose. As for the whys, I don't know nor care.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    beats the tar out of auditioning for face character.
    Goes like this:

'kay, thanks for waking up at 5 in the morning, now that it's 7:30, we are ready for you to fill out this sheet
    *fill out the sheet, hand it in, get measured, recieve a number to slap on your shirt*
    *two hours later*
    'kay now we are ready for you, follow the line
    *you follow the line and get looked at for about 5 minutes*
    'ok, number 33, 72, and 18, please stay, the rest of you, have a great trip home.

and American Idol has nothing on the emotions that fly by the majority of people who don't get picked.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I have no idea, seeing that as Belle and Ariel, it doesn't fit. They look cute together though.
    Izzy

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    They are posed like that because when you ask the characters for a picture completely by themselves, they usually strike that pose. As for the whys, I don't know nor care.
    I think that if they didn't do some sort of "pose", the picture might kind of be boring, in a sense. The "pose" gives the picture "LIFE"!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Pirate Mickey

I don't have them with me here in Wilmington, but at my parent's home in Matthews I have pics of when I went to WDW for Spring Break one year in high school with my church youth group... My friends and I decided to be pirates all day at the MK and when we finally saw :mickey: , we got him to hold up his hand like a hook and put his other hand over his eye like an eye patch. That CM was a lot of fun and made a great picture to remember our trip by! I promise I'll post it next weekend when I go visit my family. It's def one of my favs!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat
    beats the tar out of auditioning for face character.
    Goes like this:

'kay, thanks for waking up at 5 in the morning, now that it's 7:30, we are ready for you to fill out this sheet
    *fill out the sheet, hand it in, get measured, recieve a number to slap on your shirt*
    *two hours later*
    'kay now we are ready for you, follow the line
    *you follow the line and get looked at for about 5 minutes*
    'ok, number 33, 72, and 18, please stay, the rest of you, have a great trip home.

and American Idol has nothing on the emotions that fly by the majority of people who don't get picked.
    Yup, yup. Especially when about 80% is political and is based on what characters they are lacking in at that time.

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think the foot-flex thing comes from classic images of Mickey in Steamboat Willie. Also notice him dressed in red shorts / yellow shoes with his hands behind his back ... his foot is flexed. I believe characters didn't dream up this pose, Walt did!

Yes, other characters have adopted it. I think it helps give them a little life (not to mention balance!) not every character looks so hot on film just standing around straight up.

Also, I wanted to say I couldn't agree more about the face-character auditions. NOT my finest hour. I especially loved the part that went like this:

"Now talk to your neighbor (the sap in line next to you) and forget we are here..."
    *fifteen seconds later*
    "Okay, number 17, could you smile for us?"
    "Now, number 5, would you say 'hello',"
    *pause*
    "Alright, numbers 5, 18, and 23 please stay, everyone else, thanks for coming."
    *Two minutes later*
    "Oh! Number 23 we didn't realize from back there you have a facial mole, sorry about that. We apologize, you'll have to go. Thanks anyway."

Grrrrrrrrr. SO very magical. (Not to mention the awful questionaire about tattoos, piercings, body weight and eye color).

- Clara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast