Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Characters Discuss Winnie the Pooh Disliked? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Stepping up on My Soapbox.... I am wondering why I see so many people write about their dislike for Winnie the Pooh on this site. It doesn't make a whole ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Winnie the Pooh Disliked?

Stepping up on My Soapbox....
    I am wondering why I see so many people write about their dislike for Winnie the Pooh on this site. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, mainly due to the fact that I love Winnie the Pooh. My sister and I have fun bantering between Mickey and Pooh but neither of us dislike the other charecter, we really love them both. It isn't Winnie the Pooh's fault he took over Mr. Toads Wild Ride, it is the imagineers and higher-ups at Disney that made that decision. Yet this lovable bear takes all of the negative things people throw at him. It was Disney who bought the rights to Winnie the Pooh (even though there is/was a legal discrepancy). If you love Disney, you should accept all of the charecters good or evil! If you had a whole park of one charecter it would be a boring place to go! Kids LOVE Winnie the Pooh and his friends, just as much as the love Mickey and the Fab 5. Can you please explain your hate and dislike or your Love of the Hundred Acre Wood Charecters so I can better understand? I certainly don't see a whole lot of people standing up for this lovable bear.
    ......Stepping off my soapbox.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I can only speak for myself. It's not that I hate Pooh, it's that I got tired of him. Sorta like the Disney Princess right now. (This is never going to wane in popularity is it? ) There was a time in the 1990s that Pooh and friends exploded all over the Disney empire. It was everywhere, to the point I think Mickey was placing second in popularity....especially in merchandise. I think that is why some people are a tad on the anti-Pooh side. Pooh by himself is a cute and fun character, but he starts to loose his appeal when it's shoved in your face constantly at the expense of other characters.

Plus the Mr. Toad and 20K things are very understandable. Those two attractions had a following, and to see them them both replaced by the same characters is disheartening. I like variety and if you must replace 20K, why another Pooh attraction?!?!

I prefer Tigger and Eeyore out of the 100 Acre Wood characters. And I have clothing with those two, so I can't really hate them.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I was a hugh Winnie the Pooh fan...before Winnie the Pooh became as big as it is. The world just go over saturated in Pooh and friends stuff to the point it got annoying. I still like Pooh and friends, even have a bunch of kitchen and bathroom stuff with him on it. Currently Disney is starting to do the same thing with Stitch. Stitch has taken over an attraction, he is up to 3 movies, a tv series, and WAY too much merchandise.

For me part of being a fan of something is the uniqueness of the collectibles...when there are too many things to buy...the uniqueness is lost.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    ditto what they said.
    They call me "Nana"

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I never like Pooh as a child. I don't know why, but I never really cared for him and I still don't. I like Eeyore though.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I was a hugh Winnie the Pooh fan...before Winnie the Pooh became as big as it is. The world just go over saturated in Pooh and friends stuff to the point it got annoying. I still like Pooh and friends, even have a bunch of kitchen and bathroom stuff with him on it. Currently Disney is starting to do the same thing with Stitch. Stitch has taken over an attraction, he is up to 3 movies, a tv series, and WAY too much merchandise.

For me part of being a fan of something is the uniqueness of the collectibles...when there are too many things to buy...the uniqueness is lost.

Ditto. Well said,too.

I was just going to say something about Stitch. Stitch 2...ugh.
    Izzy

I like Pooh, but I think most of the dislike directed towards Pooh is the plain and simple fact that it took over Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I also sorta agree with that.
    Izzy

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks to those of you who have responded! I really am just trying to understand why many make consistent negative comments about him. I just don't see that done with other charecters.

Thanks again!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I'm happy the toad ride got replaced with Winne Pooh. And I will be happen when it happens to Pooh thats the way of life.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I agree with everyone!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I'm just not a fan of Winnie... never was.. never will be...

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    I agree with everyone!!!
    then i agree with no one.

just kidding.

actually, i'm down with Pooh (do i dare say that out loud in general public?). my wife is a huge Piglet fan, and my daughter loves them. i don't have a problem with them, one of my favorites. i also don't think it's oversaturated at all, just how Disney operates. they rotate characters and franchises. this time next year, people will probably be complaining about someone else hogging the spotlight.

Jacks Sally is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've never been a Winnie the Pooh fan
    and my kids never like him either...
    But Eeyore now he's a cutie
    *I'm just a Ragdoll Waiting for my Pumpkin King*

Yummy !!!!!

Who's the leader of the club
    That's made for you and me?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I am a HUGE Winnie the Pooh fan, have been of the books since a kid, and the ride all along. My 8 year old has slept with a beloved Pooh Bear since he was a baby, and the Pooh ride and a meal with Pooh and friends at WDW is always a must. So, I may be in the minority on this site, but I am a proud fan of the cuddly bear!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast