Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Characters Discuss Stitch Overload? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Definetly over done. Then, on top of having a ride of his own, a meet and greet area, and a movie....he has a T.V. show and two sequels. Gimme a ...
    BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Definetly over done. Then, on top of having a ride of his own, a meet and greet area, and a movie....he has a T.V. show and two sequels. Gimme a break. ( Gimme a break, Gimme a break, Break me off a piece of that KitKat bar.... )
    Izzy

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    not at all.
    I meant that they are trying to force Stitch into canonization, i.e. Sainthood, or a place among the fab four. it's like they think if he's shoved down our throats enough, he'll be accepted as though he's an equal to Mickey, Donald, and Goofy... or any of the other "classic" characters.

If we can dream it, we can do it

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Stitch to me is walking a very thin line. On one side, I DO love his character, and the characters in his movies/show. He is adorable in the sense that you want to just grab him out of the screen and hug him (probable why he's so marketable as a plush). I do like his attraction. I ride it anytime I can justify the wait time. I too agree that ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter was better, but I do think it was too scary for kids, and I do think that there are a more than a few parents out there who would not heed warnings and take their kids with them on AE anyway. Even I had nightmares after seeing AE for the first time, and I was like 15 or so. I don't see a problem with his attraction on the overall though. It's well done, and his character is entitled to one attraction I think. I also think the voices and antics on the monorail are cute.

ON THE OTHER SIDE... Stitch is being overdone. I said before that I loved his character and his movies and show. However, I do think that two movies would have been enough. Not that I dislike the others, but I think variety is also a good thing. Also...one attraction at the parks is fine. But if another stitch attraction happens... then I'll start protesting. I do find the amount of Stitch merchandise to be a bit... over the top as well.

My overall conclusion... he's walking a thin line. I love him, but I agree that he's overexposed. I don't wish him gone... but his spotlight downsized just a bit. I'm not at the point of protest, but I think if he keeps growing at this rate, I just might get there.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Angry Ughggghhhh

Don't get me wrong, i loved the movie. But i was really upset because being a huge Lady fan(from Lady &Tramp) I wanted to buy Lady pins on my trip 2 weeks ago. But the only Lady and Tramp pin I saw (other than the one i have of her by herself) and them and Stitch! Cmon!!!!!! Why the heck are they doing this? I mean it's out of control. Stitch on Princess Pins, on Mickey and Minnie Pins.

Hey Lou...maybe we should send these posts to Disney LOL

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    they are beating the dead horse with this

they need to stop worshiping stich. he has made 3 movies, soon to have 4, and the first was the only good oneso what does that say?stop making them.the tv show is alright.the ride was alright if you were younger but to me i loved AE even though it scares the poo out of you.but when they made pins with him in every ride thats burst my bubble.last time i checked there was no aliens in the haunted mansion. stitch needs to stay with his own stuff hes got plany of it so why does he go into other stuff? i understand kids like stitch but there are other people to think about not just the kids.

bottom line stop stitch or soon it will be the haunted space port,pirates of the nebulan 5, its a small galaxy and universe cruise
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    oops messed up i posted it twice
    Last edited by GrmGrnningGhost; 11-06-2005 at 08:19 PM. Reason: posted same thing twice
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Stitch is undoubtedely one of my favorite Disney characters of all time- but sometimes enough is enough. I agree, there is a little too much commercialization of the little guy for my blood- namely the stupid movies and TV show. The original movie was brilliant, funny, and well-animated. Everything else can go, well, do something I'm probably not allowed to say on a PG board.

About SGE- it seems OK, but from what I've read, nothing in comparison to AE (neither of which I've ridden...I'm more of a DL girl myself).

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I have no need for a hat with a big Stitch head on top of it!
    I think that hat is awesome

but yeah, I think he's being overdone....but look at it from a sales point of view....kids absolutely (sp?) love him, and everybody knows that for the most part, when families go to Disneyworld, the kids are in charge, why not overmarket it so that kids can have all the Stitch **** they could deal with?

at least he hasn't taken over the popcorn wagons.

you know, I think Buzz and Stitch should have a boxing match for calling rights of Tomorrowland
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wait a minute-Stitch is at Disney? Never noticed!

I am in need of some Disney magic!!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    its becuz disney knows that people dont really like the ride so they are promoting the ride. they are trying to make it so stitch is like a main disney character like mickey, goofy, and donald. I actually found a pin of mickey and stitch together.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Ugh, I agree at how much they are pushing Stitch at us. I have to admit, I probably am the person who hated Alien Encounter the most. Not my kind of ride I guess. Especially since I first saw it when I was maybe 12. But I still haven't been on the new Stitch one. I'm going to try it out in September when I go back to Disney World. But I definitely agree that they shouldn't have made the dumb T.V show and sequals. I only liked the first movie. They need to try pushing the more older, classic characters that people love most (princesses, older hand-drawn classics like that)... At least, I love them most.
    Love, Kerri

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    By the way do still here on the Monorail welcome to Stitch Kingdom?

As of June 06 he was still on there.

When I was last at MK I got really sad when I walked into the Main Street Theater and amongst the rows of classic disney characters dolls- Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Minnie- I saw tons of stitch dolls wedged in the middle. Talk about a third wheel. It seemed totally out of place.

I personally thought the movie was annoying (stitch at least), too much going on for me. Oh well, I can't stop 'em! But maybe together we can stop this STITCH INVASION!!
    Last edited by aeronautxearth; 07-08-2006 at 08:21 PM.
    Tina

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I may be biased to the little blue guy, but if there's a demand for it, Disney will sell it. If the merchandise didn't sell, they would stop producing it. I'm sure they know what they are doing when it comes to marketing and merchandising.

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth
    As of June 06 he was still on there.
    He was there the 19th as well. I went on the 7th of July for the Pirates opening, but the audio was REALLY *****ed up, so I don't know if he's still there...or wait! Maybe they'll put a "Jack Sparrow" opening...wouldn't that be cool!?!

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    for the record, I didn't use a bad word up there...it rhymed with dew and began with an s....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast