Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Characters Discuss Names of Characters in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Okay trivia buffs, I hope you can help me here. For years I thought the Beast in Beauty and the Beast didn't have a name, it was never mentioned in ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Names of Characters

Okay trivia buffs, I hope you can help me here.

For years I thought the Beast in Beauty and the Beast didn't have a name, it was never mentioned in the film. During my web browsing I found his name was Vincent. It came up again on our Disney Cruise, it let me to win the Disney trivia contest. But...where does the name Vincent come from and is it correct?

It got me to think further of other characters...

Does the Evil Queen in Snow White have a real name? Snow White's Prince?

Any insight on why Lilo chose the name Stitch for experiment 626?

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Okay trivia buffs, I hope you can help me here.

For years I thought the Beast in Beauty and the Beast didn't have a name, it was never mentioned in the film. During my web browsing I found his name was Vincent. It came up again on our Disney Cruise, it let me to win the Disney trivia contest. But...where does the name Vincent come from and is it correct?

It got me to think further of other characters...

Does the Evil Queen in Snow White have a real name? Snow White's Prince?

Have no idea, but how about this trivia about Snow White:

Fifty ideas for the dwarves' names and personalities were listed in the film's proposal; the list included all of the names finally included except Dopey and Doc (Dopey being the last to be developed). Some of the dwarves were: Awful, Biggy, Blabby, Dirty, Gabby, Gaspy, Gloomy, Hoppy, Hotsy, Jaunty, Jumpy, Nifty, and Shifty. Sneezy was a last-minute replacement for Jumpy.

Source: imdb
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    According to Dave Smith, Prince is the one and only name of the character in Snow White. He is sometimes called Prince Charming, but that name was taken by the Prince in Cinderella.
    And the same goes for the Queen in Snow White, but she is usually referred to as the Evil Queen. There appears to be no other references to additional names.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut
    According to Dave Smith, Prince is the one and only name of the character in Snow White. He is sometimes called Prince Charming, but that name was taken by the Prince in Cinderella.
    And the same goes for the Queen in Snow White, but she is usually referred to as the Evil Queen. There appears to be no other references to additional names.
    I kinda figured the Prince in Snow White didn't have a name, but I was hoping the Evil Queen had one. I was hoping someone would have an idea.

I also remember reading somewhere the Prince in SW had a much larger role, but it was cut back...considerably.

So no one can verify or debunk Beast=Prince Vincent?
    Amanda

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

I think Lilo said he just looked like a Stitch. I will have to watch the movie again.
    I remember the Beasts name being Vincent, I am not sure why they decided on that name.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    So no one can verify or debunk Beast=Prince Vincent?
    I can verify that the name Vincent for the Beast did not come from Disney's versions of the story, either on film or stage. The name Vincent comes from the name of the beast character in the TV Series version of Beauty and the Beast, starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut
    I can verify that the name Vincent for the Beast did not come from Disney's versions of the story, either on film or stage. The name Vincent comes from the name of the beast character in the TV Series version of Beauty and the Beast, starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman.
    Ahhh...that makes sense then. That is probably where people are getting mixed up.
    I guess I should have asked my mom, since she was a huge fan of the TV show back in the 80s.

I've watched Disney's BatB many times (original, work in progress, IMAX, etc.), and not once was the Beast's name ever mentioned....but then others were insisting Disney's Beast was Prince Vincent. I did find on one web site that apparently during one of the stained glass scenes people thought they were seeing the name "Vincent," it was just a phrase in Latin.

Thanks for your help dzneynut!
    Amanda

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!

Question Name of the Beast

I remember playing the D Show computer game once and his name was definantly Prince Adam, not Vincent.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    This is a cool idea for a thread!

I have never heard a name for the Beast. I'm pretty certain it's not in the film. So I don't know where some of these names are coming from. But it's interesting nonetheless!

And does anybody know if The Blue Fairy in Pinnochio had a name,other than "The Blue Fairy". She was a character I had almost forgotten about until I heard Jimmeny Cricket proclaim in Wishes, "Well, I'll be.. Hoho! It's The Blue Fairy!" It got me wondering if she ever really had another name.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Quote Originally Posted by tjcoolgirl15
    I remember playing the D Show computer game once and his name was definantly Prince Adam, not Vincent.
    It don't think it's Adam, that must have been made up for that game. Even the producers and directors of BatB admit they never gave the Beast a name. If you have the DVD of BatB, watch the commentary and they mention this fact towards the end of the film. It's in the scene right before Gaston meets his demise and Belle calls out "Beast!" and that's where Tousdale, Wise, and Hahn make the comment about Belle calling Beast instead of a name because they never named him.

Even the original fairy tale does not give either one of them real names. They are simply referred to as Beauty and Beast.
    Amanda

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    The Queen from Snow White is often referred to as "Queen Grimhilde" in Disney publications of the 1930s, but her name was never mentioned in the film.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    What great information! Thanks everyone! I somehow thought I was the only one who pondered these great Disney Mysteries!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Here is my theory on the name Stitch:

I think that Stitch was named as a foreshadowing for the end of the movie. When you “stitch” something, like a rip in fabric, you are repairing it. The events leading up to the end of the movie were caused but Stitch. In the end of the movie, Lilo’s family is
    “repaired” because of Stitch. He is holding together Nani and Lilo by being there. So Stitch “stitched” up the family.

The thinks one things up when they can’t sleep.

fantasybeliever is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    This is a cool idea for a thread!

I have never heard a name for the Beast. I'm pretty certain it's not in the film. So I don't know where some of these names are coming from. But it's interesting nonetheless!

And does anybody know if The Blue Fairy in Pinnochio had a name,other than "The Blue Fairy". She was a character I had almost forgotten about until I heard Jimmeny Cricket proclaim in Wishes, "Well, I'll be.. Hoho! It's The Blue Fairy!" It got me wondering if she ever really had another name.
    i'm afraid i dont know the name the people from walt disney gave to the blue fairy...i do know that in the written version of pinnoccio that i read about 6 years ago (a non disney book by the way!) she was known as the fairy with azure hair....sorry i'm hopeless at this sort of stuff!