Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Characters Discuss Favorite Character Experiences? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; wife and i were getting our picture with Tigger. he knocked my hat off then put me in a headlock. after that, had my hat knocked around again, and his ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    wife and i were getting our picture with Tigger. he knocked my hat off then put me in a headlock. after that, had my hat knocked around again, and his paw/hand covered my face.

third time, picture snapped, he got my hat again, half way down my face.

another time, was getting pictures of the wife with Piglet, her favorite. i was switching cameras (my digital capturing video to the wife's regular camera). in the mayhem, the wife started with a little attitude, and Piglet was standing next to her mimicing her hand gestures and movements as if to say with her 'come on already'. i have the video which is pretty funny, if i could figure out how to attach it or link it...........
    Last edited by GrumpyDude; 02-24-2005 at 01:37 PM.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Pooh Bear

My oldest, a boy, is 7 now. Thinks he's a big kid, and usually acts like it. However, since he was a baby, he has slept with a Pooh Bear. Still does, and LOVES him.

Last year at Disney, we of course HAD to make reservations at theCrystal Palace to eat with Pooh. My son was soooo excited. Nothing like this moment, when Pooh came over to us, and my "big" kid, usually so reserved, just went up to Pooh, hugged him, and whispered to him, "I love you Pooh."

That moment was worth the cost of the entire trip.

That is the sweet one, but here is another one, kind of different, but here it goes: I have a very outspoken four year old daughter. On our last trip, on our way from Fantasyland to Main street, we took the loop around the castle, and by some trees towards the Crystal Palace, there was Pocahontas. As we went by, Pocahantas was leaning down to get a photo taken with a small child. My daughter, in her best loud voice said, "I don't think she has any underpants on, Mom!"
    While I am SURE she did, I didn't look-we ran out of there as fast as we could.....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I wouldn't say this was my favorit character experience, but when I went to WDW my first time...I think I was about 3...Minnie Mouse came over to greet me and i freaked out. my mom has a picture of Minnie trying to calm me down while I am in my mom's arms screaming. I guess it was the big head or something.

Other than that, when I was in Disney in '93, I was standing in World Showcase talking to some friends and all of a sudden I was lifted into the air from behind. Everyone was laughing, but because I was facing forward I couldn't see who was doing it. Finally I was put back down and turned to see the Beast staring down at me. it was really funny because I had never seen the Beast walking around. Even Belle was laughing. So I just laughed it off and got a picture with them.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

cinderella_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    I was at DL with my mom for my graduation trip, and a cast member asked us if we wanted to be in the Parade of the Stars. It turned out that we were really lucky that day. Not only did we get to dance with characters, but we got to dance with Donald and Daisy! So much fun. Like a dream come true.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 07, 2006 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Running 13.1 mi w/ Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    That is the sweet one, but here is another one, kind of different, but here it goes: I have a very outspoken four year old daughter. On our last trip, on our way from Fantasyland to Main street, we took the loop around the castle, and by some trees towards the Crystal Palace, there was Pocahontas. As we went by, Pocahantas was leaning down to get a photo taken with a small child. My daughter, in her best loud voice said, "I don't think she has any underpants on, Mom!"
    While I am SURE she did, I didn't look-we ran out of there as fast as we could.....
    I have to say, when I was your daughter's age, I acted just like that. Thanks for the stories, I enjoyed the both of them.
    Izzy

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed them! My kids make me laugh all the time-lots of fun...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

DisneySAM is offline A-Ticket holder
    The first time we went about 7 years ago, we were at Epcot at one of the play fountains and who drives up, but Goofy. He started playing in the water and when he stopped, he grabbed me and hugged me - soaking wet. Needless to say, so was I. But it was September and it felt good.

There are also some with Chip and Dale. Kissing my hand, stealing my drink and both hugging me.

DisneySAM is offline A-Ticket holder
    Forgot one-

I personally didn't see this (I was running to see Tigger at the time). We were at MGM and one of the Toy Story soldiers started following my step dad. The funny thing was, everytime my step dad would stop, so would the soldier. It was fun watching them walk with their plastic bases on.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Here is a good one I just went to WDW this past May and Nov. May with my two girls and Nov with my boyfriend. Anyway when I went with my children all I wanted to see was Aladdin and Jasmine or any character from the moive. So when we got off the Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride to my greatest delight guess who I see Aladdin and Jasmine well to my two children Horror like the kid I'am when I'm in Disney (who isn't) I went running over to the characters screaming and pointing to them while in the process trying to Knock over other children and adults waiting in line.When I finally get to them my kids went to go take a picture with them first but once again to their horror I knock them both over and like a big kid said really loud I'm first I'm first. Both of my kids just look at me like I had lost my mind and Aladdin and Jasmine just laugh and said we can see you are defintly a Fan. So yes I got what I came to Disney for a great picture of Aladdin, Jasmine and Me. Oh yeah the kids go there own pictures too. When I find a scanner I will post picture. By the way my Jasmine and Aladdin look just like the cartoon charater jump off of the screen. I will make sure and post.
    update: Here the picture now tell me these two don't look like they jumped off the movie screen.

Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 09-23-2005 at 08:12 AM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Let's this thread up! I know several of you have had trips recently. Got any character experiences you'd like to share? Let's hear them!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    MJ doesn't do characters.......so this is my only character interaction with her and will always be my favorite...

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=2180
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile

When my granddaughter was 2 we had dinner res. at Cinderella'stable and as we waited to be called Cinderella held her on her lap and talked with her even was showing her how to show two with her fingers. The great thing was she was so calm and spent the time just being with her. Well of course Cinderella is the main CM for her.

One year later we took her with us when we went with a group of students to DW. On that trip while she was sleeping in the stroller in EPCOT the robots saw her sleeping came up and sang When You Wish Upon A Star. We have that on video and it is great. Alsoo on that trip we had a character meal at the LTT and we had a young man with us age 13 with whom chip keep messing with all night. It ended up with Chip having him cornered ( with our help). He got on the floor and crawled under the table with everyone in the whole place laughing at what was taking place.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Several years ago I booked a breakfast at CRT. It was just 4 adults in my group. My mom thought it was neat we were eating in the castle, and I was just excited I was able to get this PS. I don't think my aunt appreciated how hard this PS was to get, nor did she "get" into the characters are at all on the entire trip..but I digress. So DH, my mom, my aunt, and I are dining and meeting with princesses surrounded by families with little girls. Well along comes Belle totally in character asking us a few questions. And then my mother starts asking Belle about the Beast, like how he is, what's he doing,...and then she asked about his flea problem. Whoever played Belle that day quickly turned around to laugh totally out of character. After a second, she got right back into character. I don't remember what she said about Beast' flea issue because we were all laughing.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    OK, 3 favorites.

First, when my little sister was like 3 or 4, forever ago, we were eating breakfast in Cindy's castle on Christmas morning. Well, being the graceful child she is, afterall, she IS my sister, she somehow managed to fall out of her chair and hurt herself. Anyway, Peter Pan ran over just leaving the family he was with and immediately began telling her all about how he fell the first time he tried to fly, and it SO made her day.

OK, the next two are all mine! (No little sister interaction this time)
    Christmas Eve at Wilderness Lodge a few years ago, Chip and Dale were out int he lobby by the big Christmas tree signing autographs together. They both signed their names on opposite pages of my autograph book. Dale proceeded to write "is cool" underneath his name and "drools" under Chip's name. They fought over the book for about 10 minutes with me, compeltely ignoring the 50 people in line behind me. It was hilarious and probably the best "set" of Chip and Dale I've ever experienced.

Last one for now. This one happened on my 18th Birthday during an E-Ride night at Magic Kingdom. I was wearing a shirt that said it was my birthday and I went to get Birthday pictures with Mickey and Pluto in front of the Castle. Well, while Pluto was writing an incredibly long message, I got to waltz with Mickey, and while Mickey was writing his incredibly long message, I got to tap dance with Pluto to whatever Music Man song was playing at the time. It was wonderful, and just part of making that the best birthday ever.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have to confess mine was actuall at universal, bigfoot (or what ever he's called), spotted my dad who has a beard, and came up very inquisitvely, and started stroking his beard, then his own, then gave him a huge bear hug! It was a shame my dad had the camera, everyone stopped and was laughing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast