Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Disney Characters Discuss Favorite Character Experiences? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; One day when I was at Disney/MGM studios, I was getting my picture taken with Lilo & Stitch, and Stitch stole my hat and started walking away, then Lilo grabbed ...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior

Favorite Character Experiences?

One day when I was at Disney/MGM studios, I was getting my picture taken with Lilo & Stitch, and Stitch stole my hat and started walking away, then Lilo grabbed my water bottle and squirted him with it.

Then another time I was at the Magic Kingdom, and I was in Minnie's famous friends room. I was in the line to get an autograph and picture with Minnie, and Chip and Dale started making fun of her (Everybody was in her line), then Chip stole some woman's Frito's and started eating them, when the character greeter stole them back, Chip went in the corner and sulked. It was pretty funny.

-Jim
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    when we were at mickeys backyard bbq and chip and dale were trying to raise the flag. An Goofy just being goofy with the kids

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    When I had my picture taken with Lilo and Stitch, I went right after a bunch of little kids and since I am 5'11 with a size 10 shoe, Stitch desided to have a little fun. Stitch and Lilo started to compare shoe sizes and in the pictures my mom took, it looks like we are playing footies. Then Stitch reached up and started to mess up my hair...I was laughing so hard, my face turned bright red.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Too many....but here's one:

Garden Grill with Mickey, Chip, & Dale. It was our honeymoon and the restaurant was practically empty, so we got a lot of character interaction. We were wearing the Mickey Bride& Groom Ears and got a free cake. Chip & Dale kept fighting over me, Dale proposed and wanted to marry me...Chip wasn't going to stand for it. It was funny. We barely had time to eat our meals due the characters spending so much time with us!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Wow... after this trip, I have so many to add. My dauighter (10 mo. old) took to the characters so well! She even went to Mickey, Chip, and the Living Statues in Italy!!! What a new, different, incredible experience for me!

I'll post pictures with my trip report ASAP!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    I forgot to post my personal favorite. In case you haven't noticed, my favorite Disney movie is Robin Hood, and I was determined to get his picture and autograph, so every day I called the Character hotline trying to find out where he would be every day. And every day I got denied my dream. So one day I just went to Magic Kingdom to have a good time and get the other character autographs. Then I went in line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and I looked to the left, and see a balloon on a stroller, and whose name do I see on the balloon? Robin Hood! So I get out of the line and wait for Cinderella's Surprise Celebration to end and I see my favorite character coming down the ramp. (At this point, I'm freaking out, because I used up all my pictures not 5 minutes before I realized he was there) So I get in line, and asked the character greeter if she had a spare piece of paper (Luckily she did) so I didn't get my picture, but I did get a butt-kicking autograph from my favorite Disney Character, and I got to hug him too. So overall, that is my favorite character experience!
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

Mine!

The first time we went (circa 1973?), my mom was taking a picture of me when one of the SW dwarves ( I think Sleepy) started running after her. I'd never seen my mom running away from anything!

I love Tigger...once I went to take a picture with him, and he gave me a hug and made like he was kissing my forehead (sis took a picture of that!)

In Frontierland, I was watching the line taking pictures with one of the bears (Tennessee?), when he made signs to the next person to hold on. He then went to a man who was passing by with 2 turkey legs and try to take them away from him. It was so funny!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    My favorite from my younger years:

When I went with my family in 1973, my brother and I were strolling through Fantasyland. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Tigger appeared. As soon as someone noticed him, he took off running. Well, everyone ran after him my brother and I included (we were 9 & 13 at the time). Tigger finally stopped running and posed for pictures. It was wild!

As an adult, my daughter and I were dining at 1900 Park Faire when they still had the Villains dinner. It was a slow night, and when Cruella de Vil came to our table my daughter told her all about how Cruella was my favorite character and how I had a shelf full of her stuff at home, etc. Well, Cruella proceded to sit at our table and have a conversation with us about almost everything, staying in character the entire time. We were laughing so hard when she left we were almost crying. The villains were so much more fun than the Princesses are now!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

eeyoregirl is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When my oldest was 4 weeks old we went on vacation with DH's family to Orlando. His parents were planning to take their older granddaughter and their youngest kids to MK for the day. I had planned on spending the day at the hotel since I wasn't sure about taking the baby to MK as she was so young. My in-laws drove me nuts until my husband agreed we would take her in the morning for a while and then when it got to hot he would bring her back to the hotel and I could stay and help with the other kids. Well, everytime a cast member saw Larissa in the stroller they just went nuts. I spent more time going from place to place and letting the CM's see her and fawn over her than we did anything else. Mary Poppins and a Penquin were out in Fantasyland and we have pictures of Mary holding Larissa and the penguin kissing her. Then Eeyore wanted to hold her and it just went on and on. Larissa now has a photo album full of Characters and CM's who held her on her very first visit to the MK. She loves it. She thinks it is so neat. We ended up taking her to the hotel for naps and then bringing her back in the evening where we got more pictures. Even the train conductors wanted pictures with her. Some of the CM's took pictures with her and had us mail them copies. It was really neat.

flutter is offline Moderator
    I brought my Mom to WDW in Dec of 2000. She had never been before and we had a great time and a few great encounters. My favorite we were at MGM, mom was getting Piglets autograph and I had just taken her picture when all of a sudden she could hear someone running up behind her as she was getting a hug from Piglet. It was Pooh, he got behind her and gave her a hug so she was in between pooh and Piglet. It was so cute and so funny...it took me by surprise so I missed getting a picture, but we won't forget it

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I remember my very first trip to WDW....I went to meet some characters,with my parents,and there she was....it was Snow White(she was my idol at the time). I ran over and told her just that. She signed my autograph book and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. It left a huge red kiss mark on my face,but I didn't care,I was proud. I had been kissed by Snow White! I told everyone proudly,"This is from Snow White,she loves me." At first,I wouldn't let anyone wash my face,but of course,they did. In all of our pictures,there it is. I still look at it today and say,"Snow White loves me the most." lol That's probably my most fond moment with a character.
    Izzy

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    When I was 6, we went to the character breakfast at Cindy's. Dopey came over, so we got autographs, and when it was time for the picture, my mom would do the usual "One...two...three!" and snap the camera on 3. Well, Dopey is, for lack of a better word, dopey. Every time on "two," he would cover my eyes. THis went on for about 5 minutes, and it was very funny!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

crazy_for_wdw is offline A-Ticket holder
    The first time we went to WDW, my little girl (who was 5 at the time) was desperate to meet Minnie Mouse. We had been to Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom, but no sign of Minnie!

About six days into the vacation we went to Epcot, and who should we find at the American Adventure but Minnie - deep joy all round.

We stood in line for about 20 minutes until my little girl got to front of the line and Minnie waved her over, but just then the cast member whisked Minnie off for her break ("She'll be back out in about 20 minutes")!!! My little girl was stood heartbroken at the front of the line with her autograph book and pen in line. She was shattered.

So we went and sat on a bench by the big red brick wall on the right of American Adventure, vowing to wait all day if we had to.

20 minutes passed and the characters started coming out and going to the head of thier respective lines,...except Minnie. She came running over the garden at American Adventure right over to our bench!! It was fantastic, she spent a whole 10 minutes, dancing and hugging and having pictures taken with my little girl before she went back to the line that was waiting for her.

My little girl still talks about it now and that was 5 years ago. It really made a memory to last forever and that's why Minnie is our favourite.

addicted2disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    My favorite character experience was in MGM with my son and chip and dale and christmas time. My son had been to the harmony barber shop earlier in the day and had his hair dyed blue. He was waiting in line for his picture and as soon as chip and dale saw him they started point to his hair and running around. When he got to them for his picture they tied him up with their scarf and dragged him away. My son was so happy to get that kind of attention. And I got the greatest picture!

Danielle

Always looking forward to our next trip!

Pop Century '04
    Port Orleans Riverside '03
    Polynesian '03
    All Star Movies '02 and '00
    Port Orleans French Quarter '94

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    my favorite character memory is from when we went two years ago. We were in line at Mickeys house to see Mickey. Because the line to see Mickey is so long they moved people thru pretty fast. We were the last people in line at that time. That meant that we had the room all to ourselves with Mickey. We got to spend almost 10 minutes with him. He pointed out some hidden mickeys because he saw us looking for hidden mickeys. We still have the picture of our family with mickey in our living room.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast