Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Characters Discuss What was Disney thinking?? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am thinking either she was the original Tink or maybe someone during the YOMD? Maybe that was her prize? But yes she is not what I envisioned of Tink.....
    ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I am thinking either she was the original Tink or maybe someone during the YOMD? Maybe that was her prize? But yes she is not what I envisioned of Tink..
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think that's the opening float for the Parade of Dreams in Disneyland, No?

The Tinkerbell was saw in that parade was a better fit for the role. She had a tiny pixie-ish look about her.

Also, this Tinkerbell seems to have the sun in her eyes and she is squinting. I've never seen anyone look good with that squinty look on their face. I don't consider myself to be a knock out, just average looks, but I am completely unphotogenic as well, which really kills any ego I may have. People always say you look nothing like you do in pictures. Not sure whether that's a complement or an insult most of the time.

So, maybe this Tink is also afflicted with poor camera presence.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Mods
    Can we please close this thread as we are not being very "Disney-like" with some of the comments that have been posted
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I agree whole-heartedly
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    HMMM...speaking my mind here and if I get deleted, or whatever, fine...I am having a bad day anyway so at this point I am being outspoken.

I dont think that the comments on this thread were made to be cruel to the young(?) lady portraying Tink in the pictue/parade (which I also think is the DL one btw).
    Most of them were made in jest and not aimed directly at her.
    I think they were made more for the fact that Disney did not make a good decision in choosing who they DID pick to portray a fairie. Most of us have a mindset that fairies and a popular character like Tink are petite, and dainty, and very young looking. I am not being rude to this lady, but the fact is ---she is not any of those, photogenic abilities or not. I am not the most photogenic too so I do sympathize.

Also The costume does not look neat and precise like we expect Disney costumes to look, so that also makes the character look bad. The fact remains that this woman was a badly cast in the role enuf so that a small child did not recognize her.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Well said Vix!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    I've never seen a picture of the woman who was the model for the original Tinkerbell (though she is going on a cruise with Lou, apparently), but maybe this is her.

either way, I hope whoever this poor woman is, she isn't reading this thread...

The woman in the photograph is not Margaret Kerry, the original Tinker Bell.

As far as the tone that has been developing within the thread, I don't particularly like it and I would have to hope the cast member in question doesn't read the thread.

I do however respect the right of the members to discuss thier thoughts on Disney's choices of who is portraying the charecter shown.

We are not a Police State here at DWT and I will allow the thread to remain open as long as any furture comments do not get out of hand.

Thank you all for your consideration.

~ MBabe
    Senior Editor/Lead Moderator
    DisneyWorldTrivia.com
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    right.

well, just to clarify, being as my post is the one quoted above, I never said that people shouldn't have the right to, ahem, "discuss" this woman. but everyone can see what I said, since it's on this thread twice now.

didn't think I was gonna rile up the natives with that one is all...

If we can dream it, we can do it

LuvnTheMagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Stapleton, AL (Soon to be Orlando, FL!!!)
    i truly am sorry i started this thread to all who r unhappy. again, sorry.
    Magic Artist "I LOVE"
    DW - August 1987, June 1992, July 1994
    Caribbean Resort - July 1996
    All Stars Sports - May 2000
    Disneyland Paris - August 2000
    All Stars Music - Sept. 2003
    Pop Century - Nov. 2005
    Pop Century - May 2006
    Port Orleans FQ - Nov. 2006
    Coronada Springs - Nov. 2007

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The tink I saw at Disneyland when I was there was frightening... she was a twig and REALLY tan. Although that does look like a Grandma...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    WEll it could be worse....It could be a guy with a wig and an unshaved face in stockings...
    Just think on the bright side, she is smiling and very optimistic! Probably made somethings day

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hey, I don't think she looks that old. Everybody has a bad day once in a while. She is squinting and turning her head too makes her chin look a little doubled. Give her a break she made someones day - they even had a photo to prove it. My daughter stil gushed as soon as she saw the photo - "There's Tink oh Mum I wish I could go there again to see her"!
    Out of the mouths of babes...

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    Ummmmmm, yea. She made someones day.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

Kimberly Button is offline A-Ticket holder
    I thinking Tinkerbell called in sick at the last minute that day and the character department frantically tried to find the only tiny, short woman that could fit in the costume, regardless of what her face looked like !

dizny1 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yikes, yikes, yikes!!!
    Should Tinker Bell be the same size as the other characters??? She should be small enough to fit in the palm of your hand!!! Bad, bad, bad!!!

Way to go Cardinals!!!
    Last edited by dizny1; 10-30-2006 at 12:55 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast