Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Lou - DWT Cruise in November 2007 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I made a little, bitty, teeny, weenie, itsy, bitsy bit of a flag. And I totally took a major short cut on the door decorations....
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I made a little, bitty, teeny, weenie, itsy, bitsy bit of a flag. And I totally took a major short cut on the door decorations.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I got another letter in the mail today. Something else to add to my already too long "to do" list.
    And oh how happy she was that the letter arrived at the "last minute"

Someone has to be in charge of taking photo's of all DWT'ers doors and flags cause I want to see them ALL!

Then you should have booked the cruise. Tough luck.
    They call me "Nana"

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Then you should have booked the cruise. Tough luck.
    OH SNAP!

IWBM, you have the corner on the door decorating contest, I'm definitely out. You can't send those things out 48 before I'm due to leave and expect me to pull it off. No way!

I want to have Friday evening to just sort of relax and get last minute things ready... I want to go to bed in a relaxed frame of mind. I don't want to be all wound up and be "all tense" the next day.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Cruise update

Hey guys! Glad to see everyone getting ready to head on down and get on board! I spoke to the cruise people again and think you will really enjoy some of the great events and surprises in store!

Now, I have to share some unfortunate news that I hoped and prayed would not have been necessary. I don't want to bring anyone down or cast a shadow on what will be an amazing time no matter what, but here's what's going on with me and why I have been unable to get on here as much as of late.

In addition to me and my wife and kids coming on the cruise, my mother in law was going to come as well. She was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus two years ago, had seemed to beat it before it came back earlier this year. Although she was continuing treatment at Sloane-Kettering, she was planning on coming up until a couple of weeks ago. Without going into detail, she was physically unable to go, although my family and I were planning on still going. Two weeks ago she took a sudden turn for the worse. In the days that followed, it looked as though my wife and kids would not be able to come under the circumstances. In the last week, that became a certainty. But supportive and loving wife that I had, she told me that I could not stay to be with her and her mom, and that I needed to be on the ship for the cruise. Needless to say, this has been an incredibly difficult couple of weeks for me not only because of what's happening to my MIL and wife, but the timing with the cruise.

In the last couple of days, she has turned a sharp corner for the worse, and it's only because of that change in circumstances that I am making this post. It does not appear as though she may last the day, or couple of days at most. I now struggle with the fact that the wake, funeral, etc. may very well be on Friday or Saturday.

That being said, I want you all to know that although my family won't be with me, I am planning on coming if the timing allows me to. I have spoken at great length with the cruise people and agency, and while they have been supportive of my need to be with my family, I also understand that I have an obligation to be with all of you and everyone else that booked the cruise because of when and why the group was put together. I make this post here and now so that when the time comes on board or at the port, I don't have to bring up what is obviously a topic that does not make for a fun day at sea.

I know that the love and support, prayers and thoughts of all of you are with us, and for that I thank you. I did not make this post for any other reason than that I felt an obligation to you all to keep you all apprised of what was going on from my end. I also want to thank you in advance for understanding and appreciating what is a very difficult time and decision for me because of the cruise. I have already looked into trying to join the cruise in progress from Key West, etc. but that is not a possibility for security reasons, etc.

So at this point I want you all to know that I am planning on coming alone, in hopes that events fall into place in the next day or so that will allow me to do so.

I will do my best to keep everyone informed as to what happens over the course of the next few days. Thank you for understanding and I hope that if the timing of the events over the next few days forces me to make a choice to be with my wife and family for these services, that you will understand and forgive me if i cannot make it onboard. Again, I am so sorry to have to make this post. I hope to see you all on Saturday.

-Lou
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

That is awful news. We won't hold it against you if you can't make it. We understand and are very sorry for the circumstances. Our prayers will be with you and your family.
    They call me "Nana"

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Sending you many many hugs Lou and Deanna

I am praying for you and your family and you need to be with them at this time. I thought you seemed a little "low key" about the cruise here on the boards and now I can see why. I'll be sending all the best prayers and wishes that I can possibly send, but you do what you need to do. There is nothing more important than family.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Lou, my heart goes out to Deanna and your entire family.

DuncanLL is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thinking of you and your family, Lou.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

I wanted to let you all know that last night, Deanna's mother lost her battle and passed on. She, and all of us, made our peace and we know she is in a better place. And even though she didn't quite make it, we know that she is relaxing on her own lounge chair in the sun, drinking her Pina Colada.

As for the cruise, the timing unfortunately couldn't have been worse. Because of when she passed last night, her wake couldn't be until tomorrow, and the funeral and mass on Saturday. And while I tried desperately to see if I could make the funeral and the cruise, it is an impossibility.

BUT!!..... we make lemonade from lemons when we can....

Although I cannot get on the ship in the first post (Key West) due to certain regulations and restrictions (although GalaxSea and Disney have done all in their powers to do so, including getting the President on the DCL involved.. will tell that story onboard), we WILL be able to join everyone on Tuesday in Grand Cayman!!!

Yes, I saw WE, as my wife, who desperately needs to "get away", and kids will be coming on! We are flying to Grand Cayman on Monday and getting on board when the ship docks on Tuesday. And while we may miss a few days with everyone, we are looking forward to being there. I'm sorry I can't be there for the entire trip, but I'm glad that my family will be able to join me when we go!

THANK YOU all again for being so understanding and supportive. It means a great deal to us all, and we look forward to meeting and seeing you all on Tuesday.

Have safe trips to Port Canaveral, and enjoy your first few days at sea (someone PLEASE have a sloppy joe at Sloppy Joe's on Key West for me!!)

Bon Voyage!!!!! and thanks again...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dear Lou & Deanna (hope I'm not being too familiar as I haven't met either of you yet), but I want to extend my deepest condolences to you both and to your whole family. What a difficult time this must be for everyone.

I'm glad arrangements could be made that you could join us in Grand Cayman! Somehow I'm not surprised you took this matter to the top. I am also glad that the whole family is able to come along. Somehow Lou, I know you would not have had a very good time without your wife and kids. We will save y'all lounge chairs and sunshine.

Best thoughts,

SamIAm 717

lonegungirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Lou and Deanna--I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. If thoughts and sympathy help, know that you have them from us in abundance.

Hope you all have a great and restorative cruise!

Dear Lou and Deanna,

I am so sorry for the loss of Deanna's mother. I know her absence will leave a hole in your lives. We look forward to meeting you on Tuesday.

Our deepest sympathy,
    Ed and T-Nina
    They call me "Nana"

Deanna and Lou, my deepest sympathy for your loss. I know you will take great comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering.

I'm sure that you are doing exactly what she would want you guys to do. Glad that it's all going to work out and that they will be able to let you guys embark in Grand Cayman! That's great news! Have a wonderful and much needed vacation! I assure you that spending time with T-Nina will be a cure all! She'll have you laughing and smiling in no time!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast