Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss July 4th 3 or 4 day advice. in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Thinking of taking the 3 or 4 day cruise over the 4th of July and adding 3-4 days on at the end for the parks. What tips can anyone give ...
    wdwfamily4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

July 4th 3 or 4 day advice.

Thinking of taking the 3 or 4 day cruise over the 4th of July and adding 3-4 days on at the end for the parks. What tips can anyone give that has done this cruise at this same time. We will be booking hotel seperate from the cruise.
    • 1988 WDW-Off Property
    • 1990 Disneyland,CA
    • 1996 WDW-Off Property
    • 1997 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 1998 WDW-Disney's Polynesian
    • 1999 WDW-Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside ( Dixie Landings )
    • 2000 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 2001 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2002 WDW-Disney's Coronado Springs
    • 2003 WDW-Disney's Caribbean Beach
    • 2004 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2005 WDW-Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • 2006 WDW-Disney's Grand Floridian / Disney's Fort Widerness Cabins / Disney's Pop Century
    • 2007 WDW-Disney's Beach Club / Disney's Saratoga Springs / Disney's Port Orleans -French Quarter
    • 2007 New Member DVC Animal Kingdom Villas
    • 2008 Disney Cruise / WDW-Disney's Old Key West/ Disney's Boardwalk / Disney's Yacht Club
    • 2009 WDW-Disney's All Star Movies/ Disney's Old Key West/ Animal Kingdom Villa's

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We took the Disney cruise many years ago when it was still The Big Red Boat, so I probably don't have information that is going to be very helpful. We did end up going to Disney first and then on the boat, but with your trip falling on July 4th, you are definitely making a better choice; boat first, WDW after. I've only been to WDW once on the 4th of July. Other than Christmas, it's the busiest day of the year. The celebration was great, but the crowds were unbelievable.

I guess it would depend on how often you've been to the parks as to whether you want to spend more time at the parks or on the boat. I've heard that there is plenty to do on the cruise and plenty of opportunities to get Disney Magic before you hit the parks. Hope you have a great time.
    Last edited by mini-V; 09-18-2007 at 05:10 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    My sis and fam went on the 4th cruise this year and loved it. They did Pirates Night on the actual 4th and had tons of fireworks. She said the stop in Nassau was quite warm (the grandparents and dad stayed and shopped but the infant and 4 y.o. and her went back to the bost and did stuff onboard.) She said she'd actually like to do a longer cruise with fewer stops because there is so much to do onboard. If you're thinking about doing Palo's she said the brunch buffet was amazing, and meals in general were great, especially since you keep the same wait-staff and get to know them throughout the week.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it