Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Just back from the Magic! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey, everyone! I know this isn't such a busy board around here, but we just got back from our 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic. All I can say ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just back from the Magic!

Hey, everyone! I know this isn't such a busy board around here, but we just got back from our 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic. All I can say was...well...it was magical!

If anyone has any questions or would like a little information, I'm more than happy to oblige. I don't think I'm going to write an official trip report, but I'll be happy to share any experiences anyone would like to know about.

If you can make a Disney Cruise happen, definitely make it happen. It's such a wonderful experience. Very different from time in the parks, but no less magical, truly.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    glad to hear you had a magical time! I think my fam would like to try out the land/sea vacation in the years to come....looks like so much fun! Where all did you stop on the cruise?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

cortegro is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have booked an August "Double Dip" cruise on the wonder. Our family has never cuised before, so we have lots of questions......
    Here are just a couple.
    How did you plan your excursions? Online? Onboard? Seat of your pants?
    What kind of cruise documents did you get/fill out in advance, etc..?
    Packing tips are really welcome as well, we ar a family of 5 in two cabins. 3 teenage boys and parents.

Thanks in advance,(hope you had a blast!)
    -cortegro

Michelle C is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    Hey, everyone! I know this isn't such a busy board around here, but we just got back from our 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic. All I can say was...well...it was magical!

If anyone has any questions or would like a little information, I'm more than happy to oblige. I don't think I'm going to write an official trip report, but I'll be happy to share any experiences anyone would like to know about.

If you can make a Disney Cruise happen, definitely make it happen. It's such a wonderful experience. Very different from time in the parks, but no less magical, truly.
    oh, I am jealous...its so cold here lately, I could use some warm weather. What dining rotation did you have Early or Late? Any pluses or minuses on that? thanks.
    Michelle
    Michelle Cunningham, CTC

michelle@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Disney Dream 1/11 and 2/11 - Disney Fantasy 3/11
    Disney Wonder August 08, December 2001
    WDW Oct and Dec 11,Jan 09, Dec 08, Jan 08, Jun 07, Sept 06, Sept 03
    ABD's Southwest Aug 07, Backstage Magic 4/09 & 10/09
    Disneyland Sept 1971 & 25+ more times since

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We are going on a cruise in June. We recently received a packet from the travel agent indicating the date we can start making reservations as long as the balance was paid by then. I think that date is about 10 weeks before we leave. Don't hold me to this info though since I really haven't looked that closely that it.

We are doing a land-sea combo and then going back to the parks for a few days. I'm trying to get that portion of the trip settled first.

I hear great things about the cruise as well.

There is a passporters guide book to the Disney cruise that I have found very helpful. There is a packing list in there. Someone also gave me some helpful hints for cruising and one tip was to bring a collapsable hamper. We were out of town recently and took one. It really helped contain the dirty clothes and doubled as a basket when I did laundry along the way. The hamper folds flat and takes up virtually no room in the suitcase. I just kept in the suitcase. It has become a permanent addition to my packing list.

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Sorry, I haven't been around here in a while! I will be so happy to answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    glad to hear you had a magical time! I think my fam would like to try out the land/sea vacation in the years to come....looks like so much fun! Where all did you stop on the cruise?
    Our ports of call were Key West, Grand Cayman Island, Cozumel and Castaway Cay. I didn't get to spend as much time in the first two ports as I would have liked to, but cruising with a 2 year old has lots of pluses and minuses!

The land and sea package sounds heavenly! I would love to do that one of these days!

Quote Originally Posted by cortegro View Post
    We have booked an August "Double Dip" cruise on the wonder. Our family has never cuised before, so we have lots of questions......
    Here are just a couple.
    Packing tips are really welcome as well, we ar a family of 5 in two cabins. 3 teenage boys and parents.

-cortegro
    My situation was really different than yours b/c I was traveling with 5 adults, 1-10 year old, 1-7 year old, and my two year old. I didn't plan any excursions because I was traveling without my DH so I was really pinned to my child for most of the trip. Last time we went, though, we booked all of our excursions ahead of time.

I have some great packing tips I'm going to put in another thread so others can chip in their wisdom, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle C View Post
    oh, I am jealous...its so cold here lately, I could use some warm weather. What dining rotation did you have Early or Late? Any pluses or minuses on that? thanks.
    We did the early rotation for dinner since we were traveling with my DD who is 2 and two elementary aged kids. The only thing I wasn't so keen on is now that they are staggering the entry times, we had dinner at 5:30pm, which was a little early for us. I think 6:15 would be ideal, but that wasn't up to me! The early seatings now are 5:30, 5:45, and 6pm, but you don't have any control over which one you get. I did like eating first, though, and then getting to hang out on deck in the evenings and watch the shows at night.

If I were traveling with older kids or just adults, I would definitely opt for the later seating.

Hope I've answered your questions, feel free to ask anything else!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Sandymouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by cortegro View Post
    Here are just a couple.

-cortegro
    What date are you cruising? We are doing back to back Wonder cruises in August, 8/24 - 31. I am traveling with 2 teenage girls, and we are doing Atlantis but have no other excursions planned. We always checkin online and print out the documents. Have a "WONDER"ful cruise
    Sandy Myers

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandymouse View Post
    What date are you cruising? We are doing back to back Wonder cruises in August, 8/24 - 31. I am traveling with 2 teenage girls, and we are doing Atlantis but have no other excursions planned. We always checkin online and print out the documents. Have a "WONDER"ful cruise
    We have stayed at Atlantis (never cruised) and it is wonderful and amazing. Be sure to look online at the resort, so you can decided what part is important to see and what you can skip, there is no way cover that place in one day. Their web is Atlantis - Home , if you have questions, just PM me.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    We have stayed at Atlantis (never cruised) and it is wonderful and amazing. Be sure to look online at the resort, so you can decided what part is important to see and what you can skip, there is no way cover that place in one day. Their web is , if you have questions, just PM me.
    Thanks, I really have to start checking out a map of the resort. I know we will be doing Aquaventure and I would like to see the aquarium. But no plans beyond that.
    Sandy Myers

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post

I am glad that You had a great time! I have only cruised once and that was about 10 yrs. ago on a different cruise line, so I would like to ask as if I have not gone on a cruise at all. k? Just wondering about eating. Are all 3 meals set up for You? Just dinner? What are the options for other meals? Are all dinners sit-down waiter type or do they offer buffet types also? If You get hungry at an off time, is there somewhere to eat and is that included? Just wondering if people are allowed to eat more than the 3 meals a day. Just in case We don't feel like eating at the times set up for dinners. Thanks for any help You can give. I have many questions, but I figured I would start with the meals being that I read here about picking a time for dinner. Thank You for Your help.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyspalJim View Post
    I am glad that You had a great time! I have only cruised once and that was about 10 yrs. ago on a different cruise line, so I would like to ask as if I have not gone on a cruise at all. k? Just wondering about eating. Are all 3 meals set up for You? Just dinner? What are the options for other meals? Are all dinners sit-down waiter type or do they offer buffet types also? If You get hungry at an off time, is there somewhere to eat and is that included? Just wondering if people are allowed to eat more than the 3 meals a day. Just in case We don't feel like eating at the times set up for dinners. Thanks for any help You can give. I have many questions, but I figured I would start with the meals being that I read here about picking a time for dinner. Thank You for Your help.
    There is never a shortage of things to eat. There is a big buffet for breakfast or you have the option of a sit down breakfast and there is always room service (though the breakfast options are limited).

At lunch you would have the same options, buffet, table service or room service with the addition to Goofy's Galley (sandwiches, fruit & ice cream), Pluto's Dog house (burgers, chicken finger, etc), or Pinocchio's Pizza (for what else pizza - lol).

For dinner you will be assigned a dinner seating early or late for a table service meal. You would also have the option of eating at any of the counter service locations or ordering room service. There is also the option of Palo, an adult only restaurant. There is a fee for dining here of $15 per person and you must make reservations. For everything else there is not charge it is included in your cruise fare. The only thing you would need to worry about is a gratuity for room service.

Hope this helps.
    Sandy Myers

There is never a shortage of things to eat. There is a big buffet for breakfast or you have the option of a sit down breakfast and there is always room service (though the breakfast options are limited).

At lunch you would have the same options, buffet, table service or room service with the addition to Goofy's Galley (sandwiches, fruit & ice cream), Pluto's Dog house (burgers, chicken finger, etc), or Pinocchio's Pizza (for what else pizza - lol).

For dinner you will be assigned a dinner seating early or late for a table service meal. You would also have the option of eating at any of the counter service locations or ordering room service. There is also the option of Palo, an adult only restaurant. There is a fee for dining here of $15 per person and you must make reservations. For everything else there is not charge it is included in your cruise fare. The only thing you would need to worry about is a gratuity for room service.

Hope this helps.
    Wow, You hit the answers on the head. Thank You! OK, how about the size and location of Your room? Room with a view? inside stateroom? Did You have enough room? Thanks again.

Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites

Wow, You hit the answers on the head. Thank You! OK, how about the size and location of Your room? Room with a view? inside stateroom? Did You have enough room? Thanks again.
    I love answering questions. As far as rooms, we've stayed in a category 9, 8 and 5. Of course I LOVED having the balcony especially since it was an 11 night cruise and we got lots of use out of it. BUT, if it meant the difference between me cruising and not cruising I would be perfectly happy with just a category 9 on deck 2.

We've never found space to be an issue. We store our luggage under the bed, bring a hanging shoe organizer for the closet and a cheap over the door shoe organizer for all the little things like our room keys, sunscreen, jewelry......

Now having said all that I have to admit that I have never tried an inside stateroom although I'm sure I would be perfectly happy just to be on the ship.

Whatever you choose you will love it. Please keep the questions coming. I'm happy to give you my humble opinion.
    Sandy Myers

I love answering questions. As far as rooms, we've stayed in a category 9, 8 and 5. Of course I LOVED having the balcony especially since it was an 11 night cruise and we got lots of use out of it. BUT, if it meant the difference between me cruising and not cruising I would be perfectly happy with just a category 9 on deck 2.

We've never found space to be an issue. We store our luggage under the bed, bring a hanging shoe organizer for the closet and a cheap over the door shoe organizer for all the little things like our room keys, sunscreen, jewelry......

Now having said all that I have to admit that I have never tried an inside stateroom although I'm sure I would be perfectly happy just to be on the ship.

Whatever you choose you will love it. Please keep the questions coming. I'm happy to give you my humble opinion.
    I also was wondering if You had gone on the cruise that stops at nassau? I read such bad trip reports, that I don't even want to take a chance of going there. I was on a cruise one time, and they stopped at 4 places, and I felt out of place in all 4 stops. As I read in these trip reports, You were bombarded with locals pushing there goods on You endlessly. And the areas that We traveled through were "Dumps" that had one attraction stop stuck in the middle. The reports had the same feeling as I felt, making Me want to just stay on the ship for the whole time. I was thinking of just spending more and go on a longer DCL trip to the eastern Caribbean. Any ideas?

I also was wondering if You had gone on the cruise that stops at nassau? I read such bad trip reports, that I don't even want to take a chance of going there. I was on a cruise one time, and they stopped at 4 places, and I felt out of place in all 4 stops. As I read in these trip reports, You were bombarded with locals pushing there goods on You endlessly. And the areas that We traveled through were "Dumps" that had one attraction stop stuck in the middle. The reports had the same feeling as I felt, making Me want to just stay on the ship for the whole time. I was thinking of just spending more and go on a longer DCL trip to the eastern Caribbean. Any ideas?
    I have been on 3 cruises, 2 eastern itineraries and one southern caribbean. I will be doing back to back 4 night cruises this August. We are only planning to get off briefly in Nassau. On the second cruise we will stay on the ship. Sorry I'm not more help on this one. I'm sure there are people that have been that can help answer that.
    Sandy Myers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast