Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss DCL to Open Operations in the UK in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I got this from Mouse Extra: Is the Disney Cruise Line giving us a not-so-subtle hint about what it plans to do with the new ships launching in 2011 and ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation DCL to Open Operations in the UK

I got this from Mouse Extra:

Is the Disney Cruise Line giving us a not-so-subtle hint about what it plans to do with the new ships launching in 2011 and 2012? It does seem as though that may be a possibility. According to the morning’s Orlando Sentinel, the Disney Cruise Line is sending 20 employees, including the company’s number two executive, to London to set up an operation there.
    A company spokeswoman said that about 20 employees will be stationed in the United Kingdom office, though not all will be people transferred from Central Florida. The operation there will be led by Tom Wolber, Disney Cruise Line’s senior vice president and the company’s No. 2 executive.
    Now 20 people may not seem to be much, but we are still over three years off the launch of the new vessels. Right now there is little need for more than that. But the conclusion we can draw is from Wolber’s inclusion in this transfer. Why would someone that high up in the company be relocated to London if they did not plan to have major operations in Europe in the future?

Disney Cruise Line fans are patiently waiting for any hint of what to look forward to when these new ships take to the seas. We here in America are wishing for cruises out of New York, Hawaii, or Alaska. But the rest of the world is also open to the Mouse and this may be the first real evidence of where the future is leading the Disney Cruise Line.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Cool!.... I wonder if they want me to work for them?!!!

[The thing is I love my job and doubt they'd be able to match my pay or leave entitlement or every 5th week of with pay?!!!]
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    That would be such a cool job Rich!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ... You'll just have to pop on over and apply for one!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney