Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Things You Can't Take On A Cruise in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I've taken two Disney cruises before and know pretty much what I can and can't take on the ship. However, for the cruise I will be taking next year, I ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Things You Can't Take On A Cruise

I've taken two Disney cruises before and know pretty much what I can and can't take on the ship. However, for the cruise I will be taking next year, I now have two items that I'm not sure if they will let me have on the ship.

The first one, and most obvious one they probably won't let me take aboard is my palm-sized can of Mace. Its contents under pressure, so I can't leave it in the car either, so I'd have to leave it at home. I pretty much just wanted to verify wether everyone also thought this would be a "banned item" that I would have to leave?

The second one is a Haunted Mansion skeleton key chain holder that Disney sells in its parks. If you haven't seen one of these, its about the length of my hand from fingertip to end of my palm and is made out of metal. The end of the key is very blunt but the top of the key where it has the Haunted Mansion emblem and bat wings design has jagged edges which are sharp. Could I take this on the ship since it is my key chain holder, or would it be considered a weapon?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I doubt that they will let you bring the mace. Since everyone is in such closed quarters, it could do a lot of damage if it gets sprayed.

As far as the key, I bought a keychain key to the Magic Kingdom in WDW before we left on the cruise. It's bigger than the Haunted Mansion key and there were no problems, so that should be fine.

If you're really concerned, you can probably call the Disney and ask them - I'm sure they get those calls all the time.
    ~Ashleigh

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree....I don't think that they would let mace onboard.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Things You Can't Take On A Cruise

I agree with the "no mace" onboard. If it gets sprayed accidentally it could do a lot of damage.

I worked in a restaurant where mace was sprayed one time. The mace quickly spread through the air conditioning. Several guests started throwing up and complaining of eye issues before we could get them out of the restaurant. It took a long time to clear the air.

It was bad!

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

Re: Things You Can't Take On A Cruise

Not sure where you are from but IMHO you wouldn't be able to get the Mace through TSA to get on the plane so I would just leave it at home.

I would also consider leaving the key chain at home if it something you dont want to lose if they consider it a weapon and have to take it from you.

KD <><
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID