Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss first time cruiser in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey everyone! After much saving and wishing, my mom and I are finally going to go on a Disney Cruise. We are going on the Wonder on July 9, 2009 ...
    disneygal83 is offline A-Ticket holder

first time cruiser

Hey everyone!

After much saving and wishing, my mom and I are finally going to go on a Disney Cruise. We are going on the Wonder on July 9, 2009 for a three day cruise to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. I was wondering what excursions everyone has been on, and which excursions were your favorites. I have a little countdown icon on my computer, and I'm sooo excited to go!!!

123 Days Until My Disney Cruise
    Have a Magical Day
    July 9 - Disney Land/Sea Vacation aboard the Disney Wonder
    December 29 - Christmas Vacation at the World. New Year's Eve at Hollywood Studios

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been on a few Disney crises, but only one of them went to Nassau. We took one of the tours offered by DCL. I don't remember exactly what it was called, but it gave a little tour around the island and showed you some things like the Queen's Staircase and then they took you over to Paradise Island to see the Atlantis Resort. It really is an amazing hotel.

We both enjoyed the tour very much and it was a good price for what we got. I'd take a look at all the tours they offer though and make your decision based on what interests you and your mother.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Thank you soo much. My mom and I wll definitely do that. The one you suggested sounds really cool
    Have a Magical Day
    December 29 - Christmas Vacation at the World. New Year's Eve at Hollywood Studios

Thanks alot! The excursion you suggested sounds really cool. I will definitely look at all of them.
    Have a Magical Day

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: first time cruiser

On our last cruise in 2004 ( i think) when we were at Nassau,My family toke a tour of Atlantis Resort. It was really cool and fun.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I went last September and both my family & I had a great time. Forget about Nassau unless you enjoy being accosted with endless offers to "braid yo hair". Castway Cay was awesome and very enjoyable. I wish we could have skipped nasty nassau and spent the extra day at CC.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

I agree with elvistelth - Nassau is not worth getting off the ship, unless you have some really cool excursion planned. We got off the ship at Nassau and it took us about 10 minutes to realize that it was a mistake and in another 20 minutes, we were back on the ship. If you were just planning on walking around, stay on the ship and enjoy the diminished capacity and the time to yourself. Trust me - take the time to rest up for Castaway Cay!
    ~Ashleigh

Donald_Quackers is offline A-Ticket holder

Greetings, all!

I took the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and really enjoyed myself there.

On Castaway Cay, I took the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure and the Watercraft Eco tour.

It was great fun to get to feed and snorkel with the rays, and the watercraft tour -- was my first time on a waverunner. The waters were choppy and I kept jumping as if I was on a motocross course, but I never felt more alive -- and glad that I made it through!

I was really tired after, but I felt it was worth it.

That was also when Mousefest was going on and bumped into Lou there. He was handing out buttons or something, but he ran out when he got to me -- he gave me the WDWRadio bag he was using to hold them.

Great Guy!

Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/5 nights @ POFQ
    Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
    Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
    Feb '02 -- Port Orleans Riverside / May '00 -- Disney Institute (Now Saratoga Springs)
    Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!