Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss DCL on crutches?? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; OK I need reassurance since I am freaking out tonight. I hurt myself today while cleaning, and now I am barely able to walk. I am scared to death this ...
    pinklife is offline A-Ticket holder

DCL on crutches??

OK I need reassurance since I am freaking out tonight. I hurt myself today while cleaning, and now I am barely able to walk. I am scared to death this will interfere w/ my vacation in two weeks. If I end up on crutches, will the cruise still be do-able? I am thinking excursions will be difficult/impossible, but has anyone known anyone to cruise on crutches?? Right now, I am bound and determined to go unless my doctor says it will cripple me for life or something.

I am hoping a few days will bring healing and ability to walk, but just don't know. I'll see the doctor if not greatly improved tomorrow, but for the moment, on a Sunday evening, all kinds of fears and scenarios are going through my head. I have been planning and eating and breathing this cruise for months, and now I am afraid I have screwed it up.

Can anyone give me any re-assurance??

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: DCL on crutches??

You'll be fine. The ships are like big hotels at sea. You may not be able to do all the excursions like you mentioned, but you'll be fine on the boat.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: DCL on crutches??

Although the ships are large, I find that the roll of the boat is felt...at least by me....and having a sore foot/ankle/leg wouldn't make walking any easier. I think you'd be alright on crutches, but if you are still experiencing discomfort, I certainly would have it looked at by a doctor before going on a vacation. Hope you are worried for nothing.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.