Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan We had JetBlue at one time but, they left. I think Southwest left several years ago as well. I know AirTran has flights to MCO ...
    zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    We had JetBlue at one time but, they left. I think Southwest left several years ago as well. I know AirTran has flights to MCO for $39 for now. Their calendar isn't opened far enough to book flights around the cruise, they're boking into Jan. right now. Can't wait to see everyone. =)
    Wow wouldn't $39 each way be great for when we go. But, I highly doubt it not from here. I know can't wait to meet everyone in person. It will be nice to put the names & people together
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Only 240 days until your cruise sets sail!

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Yea!!!!!!!!!
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie19891992 View Post
    Only 240 days until your cruise sets sail!
    Yahoo!!!!!!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

Happy 4th of July everyone! Stay safe & enjoy.

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Have a great 4th of July as well!
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

flutter is offline Moderator

I'm starting to get very excited!!! I started looking at excursions ...I wish I knew what Lou and Beci have planned so I can plan around them.....I'm a big planner, but plans tend to change often I just like the planning There are a couple of excursion on Nassau I was thinking of, both are fairly short I want to be able to spend time on the ship checking things out and maybe getting on the Aquaduck if lines are shorter then, anyway looking at Ardastra Garden and city tour or the Nassau Forts & Junkaroo discovery. Lori had mentioned cigars and rum but the price of that is more than I would spend for rum....and not really into cigars.
    Anyone else already planning excurtions?
    I want to Parasail on Castaway Cay....hopefully Colleen will go with me
    also looking at either just renting snorkel equipment in the lagoon or doing the Seahorse Catamaran snorkel adventure, anyone ever done that? how was it?
    ok enough chatter back to planning

ReAnSt is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I'm starting to get very excited!!! I started looking at excursions ...I wish I knew what Lou and Beci have planned so I can plan around them.....I'm a big planner, but plans tend to change often I just like the planning There are a couple of excursion on Nassau I was thinking of, both are fairly short I want to be able to spend time on the ship checking things out and maybe getting on the Aquaduck if lines are shorter then, anyway looking at Ardastra Garden and city tour or the Nassau Forts & Junkaroo discovery. Lori had mentioned cigars and rum but the price of that is more than I would spend for rum....and not really into cigars.
    Anyone else already planning excurtions?
    I want to Parasail on Castaway Cay....hopefully Colleen will go with me
    also looking at either just renting snorkel equipment in the lagoon or doing the Seahorse Catamaran snorkel adventure, anyone ever done that? how was it?
    ok enough chatter back to planning
    I did not end up doing any excursions in Nassau as we ended up being there a very short time due to a weather delay in docking.

My brother and I went parasailing on Castaway Cay on my cruise in September 2007 and loved it. I would definitely do it again.

Here are some pics from it

I also always go snorkeling on Castaway Cay. I always bring my own mask, fins and snorkel. I tend to only bring the mask and snorkel to save weight in the suitcase. If you are going to go snorkeling on the Family beach get there early, as everyone stirs up the bottom. Also on the family beach you have to wear a yellow life vest, if you bring your own equipment they provide them for you. At the family beach, underwater their is a 20K league sub, hidden Mickey or Minnie and other stuff to look at. The fish tend to congregate near the natural and man made reefs which tend to be by the buoys. You can also snorkel at Serenity Bay. You do not need to wear a yellow vest there.

I have seen sea stars, urchins, sting rays, barracuda, an octopus, lots of fish- sergeant majors, surgeonfish, flounder (not the Disney variety underwater), pufferfsh, butterflyfish, to name some of the types. Make sure to put sunscreen on your back, neck and backs of your legs and feet so you do not get burnt there.
    Last edited by ReAnSt; 07-05-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Becky

We have not looked into any excursions yet. DH is interested in looking into the excursions. But as everyone else we are waiting to see what Lou & Beci have planned for us. I'm all for exploring the ship in Nassau & riding the Aqua Duck at Nassau. Then enjoying Castaway Cay for sure, doing something in the water like those huge bikes maybe. Not sure if DH will want to do that.

trinibjill is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    We have not looked into any excursions yet. DH is interested in looking into the excursions. But as everyone else we are waiting to see what Lou & Beci have planned for us. I'm all for exploring the ship in Nassau & riding the Aqua Duck at Nassau. Then enjoying Castaway Cay for sure, doing something in the water like those huge bikes maybe. Not sure if DH will want to do that.
    Last time at Nassau I did swimming with the dolphins. I did enjoy it and recommend it if you havn't done it before; however, I really don't want to do it again. Nassau, the town, gave me an uncomfortable feeling. If you must go walk the streets I highly suggest you go in groups or pairs.
    I'm staying on the ship at Nassau. In castaway cay I would like to do parasailing. I've done the nature walk and kayaking. The first time was fun. We walked then got in the kayak and went to the island and swam and came back. The next time the walk was not as interesting the guide seemed like she wanted to get it over with. The kayaking just went in circles and never went to the island.

I have done the swimming with the mantas and snorkeling that is fun. Riding a catamaran is fun, also.

I would presume since this is a Lou's cruise he might have something going on. If not just hanging out is cool.
    Last edited by trinibjill; 07-05-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Recently Diagnosed with Acute-Disney-itis

Quote Originally Posted by trinibjill View Post
    Last time at Nassau I did swimming with the dolphins. I did enjoy it and recommend it if you havn't done it before; however, I really don't want to do it again. Nassau, the town, gave me an uncomfortable feeling. If you must go walk the streets I highly suggest you go in groups or pairs.
    I'm staying on the ship at Nassau. In casaway cay I would like to do parasailing. I've done the nature walk and kayaking. The first time was fun. We walked then got in the kayak and went to the island and swam and came back. The next time the walk was not as interesting the guide seemed like she wanted to get it over with. The kayaking just went in circles and never went to the island.

I have done the swimming with the mantas and snorkeling that is fun. Riding a catamaran is fun, also.

I would presume since this is a Lou's cruise he might have something going on. If not just hanging out is cool.
    Thank you Jill for all the information. I would love to swim a bit but if Lou has something going on as I have a feeling he will I would love to do that too! Maybe I can get both in The Nassau excursions I'm really not into after some friends came back from a cruise & said the same think. So now that is 2 friends that makes me say no to Nassau.

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just. Read on another thread that there is a space shuttle launch scheduled for Feb 26! Maybe we'll be lucky!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Quote Originally Posted by trinibjill View Post
    We've been on two Disney cruises with Lou and his family! Joint activities that are arranged by Beci & Lou should not interfere with Nassau excursions or Castaway Cay. Their activities should primarily be later in the day, like the sail-away party, and on sea day.
    Here's a great shot from our Disney Magic cruise in Sept., 2008.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by disneysister View Post
    Just. Read on another thread that there is a space shuttle launch scheduled for Feb 26! Maybe we'll be lucky!
    DH & I would love to see that, have seen beautiful pictures of lucky people who have caught a glimpse.

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    We've been on two Disney cruises with Lou and his family! Joint activities that are arranged by Beci & Lou should not interfere with Nassau excursions or Castaway Cay. Their activities should primarily be later in the day, like the sail-away party, and on sea day.
    Here's a great shot from our Disney Magic cruise in Sept., 2008.
    That is great to hear, very nice picture by the way James, love the outfits.

1. GET YOUR PASSPORTS!! Prices are going up July 13th. It was confirmed at the post office today when I went for mine.

2. I want to make plans like everyone else but keep in mind that this is a new ship and if Disney isn't releasing any information then it is harder for Lou and Beci to make plans for activities. Excursions can't be booked until December so there is plenty of time to figure things out and by then Lou and Beci should know more (hopefully).

3. ONE DAY CLOSER!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast