Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This is our first cruise, what time do they start boarding the ship and what time do we set sail....
    disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going

This is our first cruise, what time do they start boarding the ship and what time do we set sail.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

I'm so used to the easier planning of going to WDW. This is all new and we can't make up our minds about the precruise get together and when to fly down to Florida and what transportation to use to get to the port.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

i'm going down on the 25th so i can go to the dessert party, but that also lets me use the Disney transpo and not have to worry about that. they probably board mid-morning to mid-day, guessing though.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    If you're wanting to be considered part of the Lou's Cruise group, you'll want to get on the phone with MEI/MouseFan Travels very quickly. A lot of the inside cabins are sold out, hopefully not all. It's booking fast, so I'd get in touch with them ASAP on booking a cabin. Also, if you don't have a passport then you need to get it processing by the 14th, that's when the fees go up. Also MEI/MouseFan Travel can give you a lot of first time cruiser info, Stephanie schooled me on several things. Hope to see you on board!

Oh ya, don't be silly, I of course have it booked with Mouse Fan Travel. All the inside cabins were booked ages ago apparently... the cheapest room I could get is a deluxe oceanview with private veranda Not exactly the amount of money I was intending to spend eek! Also I'm Canadian and we've needed a passport to get into the US for awhile now, so I've had a passport for a few years.
    But thanks!

My travel agent is on vacation (at Disney of course) so I thought I would ask around on here first.

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    I'm so used to the easier planning of going to WDW. This is all new and we can't make up our minds about the precruise get together and when to fly down to Florida and what transportation to use to get to the port.
    Tell me about it!

I LOVE planning my Disney vacations, but I'm getting stressed out about this trip! I think we're going to fly down the night before just because we want to be REALLY sure we make the boat haha (I'm going for the cheapest flight possible, so there will probably be stops which means the potentials for delays increases). We also for the same reason want to use the Disney transportation... just for peace of mind and to make sure we for SURE get there! So, its looking like our only option is to stay at the world the night before, so we'll probably stay at a value. I think this a more pricey option, but right now I'm so stressed by all the planning and decisions (plus I NEVER EVER fly and it's proving to be pricier and more stressful than I thought!) that I think I'm just going to let my travel agent book me the Disney hotel and the Disney transportation. The only thing I'm going to do myself is the flight because if you book it through Disney it seems super super pricey.

I can't wait to have it all figured out so I can start to get REALLY excited for this trip though! It's going to be great!

Also I was reading that if you stay at a Disney hotel they START the transportation to the port around noon (could be earlier or later depending on what hotel you're staying at). You'll for sure get there on time, but you won't get there for rope drop or anything, so if you want to be there RIGHT when the ship starts boarding you might want to make other plans. Or at least that's how it worked when the article was written. I figure I can go get breakfast at Kona cafe beforehand! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Tell me about it!

I LOVE planning my Disney vacations, but I'm getting stressed out about this trip! I think we're going to fly down the night before just because we want to be REALLY sure we make the boat haha (I'm going for the cheapest flight possible, so there will probably be stops which means the potentials for delays increases). We also for the same reason want to use the Disney transportation... just for peace of mind and to make sure we for SURE get there! So, its looking like our only option is to stay at the world the night before, so we'll probably stay at a value. I think this a more pricey option, but right now I'm so stressed by all the planning and decisions (plus I NEVER EVER fly and it's proving to be pricier and more stressful than I thought!) that I think I'm just going to let my travel agent book me the Disney hotel and the Disney transportation. The only thing I'm going to do myself is the flight because if you book it through Disney it seems super super pricey.

I can't wait to have it all figured out so I can start to get REALLY excited for this trip though! It's going to be great!
    I love planning the trips, but this one has so many more unknowns than just air, room, tickets, and rental or mears; which became easier with ME. Okay, I have another question. I know we can use magical express if we go early to WDW, but how do you get disney transportation from your resort to the port and then back to mco. My TA is suggesting a town car type service to get to the port and back to mco.

I love planning the trips, but this one has so many more unknowns than just air, room, tickets, and rental or mears; which became easier with ME. Okay, I have another question. I know we can use magical express if we go early to WDW, but how do you get disney transportation from your resort to the port and then back to mco. My TA is suggesting a town car type service to get to the port and back to mco.

Are you staying at a Disney hotel? You can use disney transportation buses to get from the hotel to the port, and then the port back to mco... but it costs money (not like magically express). It was like $69 for the round trip per person which is pricier than I expected. I think it can be (especially if you have kids or a group) cheaper to get a town car or even rent a car from the airport and drop it off at the rental car place at port canaveral... I thought about doing that but I've heard that the only thing that Disney will for SURE wait for is the Disney transportation and I don't want to risk it. I'm sure I'm being paranoid haha, but I want to be safe. Also they show a movie about the cruise to get you all excited which would be nice.

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

According to 2009 Passporter:

DCL Transportation $69 Round Trip
    Direct to Port

Happy Limo/Quicksilver $210-230 RT
    Direct to Port

One Way/One Day Rental Car; Avis = $50, Budget $70, Hertz $75
    *of course with rental cars you have to consider time to return the car bussed to port*
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

This is our first cruise, what time do they start boarding the ship and what time do we set sail.
    Boarding at noon, cabins s/b available around 130, muster drill at 4, sail away at 5.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

Hmmm ya. With just two of us its not cheaper to do the town car... but it would be to rent a car. Can I though if we're under 25? Darn I'll be a month away from 25! haha.

Simply because its february, I will be booking my arrival in FL at minimum one full day ahead.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Oh ya, don't be silly, I of course have it booked with Mouse Fan Travel. All the inside cabins were booked ages ago apparently... the cheapest room I could get is a deluxe oceanview with private veranda Not exactly the amount of money I was intending to spend eek! Also I'm Canadian and we've needed a passport to get into the US for awhile now, so I've had a passport for a few years.
    But thanks!

My travel agent is on vacation (at Disney of course) so I thought I would ask around on here first.
    Okie dokie, just making sure. it's gonna be so cool to at least try and meet everyone. can't wait to see you on board.

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    Okie dokie, just making sure. it's gonna be so cool to at least try and meet everyone. can't wait to see you on board.
    Ya I'm excited for whatever special things might be planned with everyone onboard! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy (although he does like Disney) and he's is a little concerned by all of us that will be on the ship heehee... HE can be the weird one for once!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
    Simply because its february, I will be booking my arrival in FL at minimum one full day ahead.
    That' s what we were planning, especially after all the snow around here in February 2010. Are you staying at the port or the airport or where. Thanks.

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast