Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This will be my 3rd Disney Bahamas cruise, and it requires less planning than the time at WDW. I haven't purchased my plane ticket yet, but plan to fly to ...
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going

This will be my 3rd Disney Bahamas cruise, and it requires less planning than the time at WDW. I haven't purchased my plane ticket yet, but plan to fly to Orlando on Feb. 24th (Thursday). We are staying off-site for 3 nights and spending 2 days at Universal. We'll have a rental car from MCO on the 24th with drop-off at the port on the 27th. When the cruise ends, we'll either rent a car in Cape Canaveral for drop-off near WDW, or take the DCL bus to WDW. Then we'll spend 5 days at WDW.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Ya I'm excited for whatever special things might be planned with everyone onboard! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy (although he does like Disney) and he's is a little concerned by all of us that will be on the ship heehee... HE can be the weird one for once!
    [B I have the same here with my DH. LOL [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    That' s what we were planning, especially after all the snow around here in February 2010. Are you staying at the port or the airport or where. Thanks.
    DH said the same thing that's why we're leaving the 24th. Plus to have a few days from flying to ship then ship to flying. Fine by me
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Ya I'm excited for whatever special things might be planned with everyone onboard! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy (although he does like Disney) and he's is a little concerned by all of us that will be on the ship heehee... HE can be the weird one for once!
    LOL

He should count his blessings that we are a safe kind of crazy group

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    That' s what we were planning, especially after all the snow around here in February 2010. Are you staying at the port or the airport or where. Thanks.
    Trinibjill is my Mom, as long as she gets a house by then I will be staying with her. Her plan is to live in Kissimmee, the real estate market isn't making that an easy task. Ideally, I would like to go down by the Thursday before - I just got laid off again*, so I gotta wait and see what the work situation is before I solidify my plan. The latest I would go down is still the day before.

*NJ's Governor Christie cut funding to all the high schools in the state which in turn cut my hours from the school* The only plus in this for us is hubby is in his busy season at work. Darlene, how are things at your job?*

Afterwards one of my WDWRadio buds (Flutter) is bunking at Port Orleans with me
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
    LOL

He should count his blessings that we are a safe kind of crazy group

This is what I told DH! He met Lou & thats why he agreed to the cruise. LOL.

Trinibjill is my Mom, as long as she gets a house by then I will be staying with her. Her plan is to live in Kissimmee, the real estate market isn't making that an easy task. Ideally, I would like to go down by the Thursday before - I just got laid off again*, so I gotta wait and see what the work situation is before I solidify my plan. The latest I would go down is still the day before.

*NJ's Governor Christie cut funding to all the high schools in the state which in turn cut my hours from the school* The only plus in this for us is hubby is in his busy season at work. Darlene, how are things at your job?*

Afterwards one of my WDWRadio buds (Flutter) is bunking at Port Orleans with me
    Sorry to here about the layoff Colleen. Deal fell through so still have it! Not sure what is happening next. I am happy for now Thats great that your staying after at POR with Flutter, we are at POFQ. Are you a POFQ or POR?
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Sorry to here about the layoff Colleen. Deal fell through so still have it! Not sure what is happening next. I am happy for now Thats great that your staying after at POR with Flutter, we are at POFQ. Are you a POFQ or POR?
    Whoops...Yes! We are in POFQ

That's great news about your company Darlene

I have a job fair tomorrow, had an interview already yesterday...

I am forever an optimist so alls I see are good things ahead~

tho some would call it straight up denial
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

trinibjill is offline Fastpass Holder

It's like going to the Haunted Mansion where they say this room has no windows and no doors and then lookee here a door opens.

It appears we all are going thru that right now.

Recently Diagnosed with Acute-Disney-itis

Awesome we are all at POFQ!

Good luck on all fronts. I don't know when or if anything will happen before the cruise but if it does I will just move forward! Same as you!

Quote Originally Posted by trinibjill View Post
    It's like going to the Haunted Mansion where they say this room has no windows and no doors and then lookee here a door opens.

It appears we all are going thru that right now.
    Very true Jill

"Tis the season for job fairs. I saw on the news today there is one down here today. Good luck to all - especially - Colleen

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Yeesh... being an adult and having to have a job is NOT my idea of fun. Haha... I graduated from teachers college this year but the teaching jobs in Ontario are slim pickings and they keep opening up more and more teachers colleges! I've been doing everything from house cleaning to nannying to try to make money while applying to every teaching job I can, but they say it takes an average of 5 years to find a teaching job right now and they consider supply teaching a "full time teaching job". You have to fight for even a volunteer position! Maybe I'll become a travel agent instead :P

"Tis the season for job fairs. I saw on the news today there is one down here today. Good luck to all - especially - Colleen
    Thanks Jill! An yes I have my fingers crossed for her she's a go getter like me it sounds like!

Yeesh... being an adult and having to have a job is NOT my idea of fun. Haha... I graduated from teachers college this year but the teaching jobs in Ontario are slim pickings and they keep opening up more and more teachers colleges! I've been doing everything from house cleaning to nannying to try to make money while applying to every teaching job I can, but they say it takes an average of 5 years to find a teaching job right now and they consider supply teaching a "full time teaching job". You have to fight for even a volunteer position! Maybe I'll become a travel agent instead :P
    I have heard then same her in Buffalo. DD switched from teaching to now go to nursing. 4 years in college now another 2 1/2 to 3 or 4 for RN. But will be worth it in the end Question are you flying out of ON or Buffalo for the cruise?

Question are you flying out of ON or Buffalo for the cruise?
    Buffalo for sure. I never fly out of Toronto unless I'm going somewhere else in Canada... the international taxes are SO much, plus I can avoid all that time going through customs (it usually takes 2 minutes to drive through the border... except for that time we had to do the random car search which took 45 minutes GRR). I live an hour from Toronto and Buffalo is about 2 hours, so its worth that extra hour drive for sure!

Buffalo for sure. I never fly out of Toronto unless I'm going somewhere else in Canada... the international taxes are SO much, plus I can avoid all that time going through customs (it usually takes 2 minutes to drive through the border... except for that time we had to do the random car search which took 45 minutes GRR). I live an hour from Toronto and Buffalo is about 2 hours, so its worth that extra hour drive for sure!
    Oh I have heard that from people that work in my building. That is cool. I have friends that drive to Canada to go to Poland & Germany. Funny how things work out! Awesome.

Oh I have heard that from people that work in my building. That is cool. I have friends that drive to Canada to go to Poland & Germany. Funny how things work out! Awesome.

Haha that is funny! I guess it is a huge advantage to living close to the border. Some people live hours and hours from an airport and I have two major international ones within a few hours of me to choose from.

Haha that is funny! I guess it is a huge advantage to living close to the border. Some people live hours and hours from an airport and I have two major international ones within a few hours of me to choose from.
    When I was in the National Guard and we went to Ft Drum, NY for summer training the best excursion was to go to Canada

When I was in the National Guard and we went to Ft Drum, NY for summer training the best excursion was to go to Canada
    Ya there's lots to do in Southern Ontario for sure, what with all the restaurants and plays and shows and sports teams in Toronto, Niagara Falls, Canada's Wonderland, Marineland, really good zoos, the Niagara wineries and all that. If only it didn't have winter... haha. I love Ontario, but hate hate hate the cold!

Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast