Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by zippitydoodah So, when are you guys all flying? I'm getting very stressed out looking at the flights. My first thought was to fly the day before, but ...
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    So, when are you guys all flying? I'm getting very stressed out looking at the flights. My first thought was to fly the day before, but early... but when I'm looking at flights there seems to be a gap between 6am flights and the next available time. 6am would mean getting to the airport by 4am, and I would be driving from near Toronto... I can do the flight in about 2 hours with good weather and no traffic, but it's winter so I want to give myself at least 3 hours... so I need to leave at 1am. I was hoping to find someone to drive us to the airport, but fat chance at 1am! lol

I'm afraid of flying later in the day just cause it gives less time for "in case of a storm". The problem is that we can't get Friday off work and the earliest we could be in Buffalo would be like 8-9pm and I can't find flights later than that.

I think I'm getting to a point where my only option is to fly Saturday evening... is anyone else doing this? Am I being silly to be so stressed? How HORRIBLE would it be to miss the cruise because there's a storm on Saturday night or something? Ah!
    If I were you, I would drive to Buffalo Friday after work and stay overnight at an airport hotel. Then fly to Orlando early Saturday morning.

How horrible it would be to miss the cruise depends on whether or not you have trip insurance that reimburses for your non-refundable expenses. It would also be very disappointing to miss the cruise!

I am flying to Orlando on Thursday (2/24), and plan to spend 2 days at Universal pre-cruise.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Ya, I would never even think of flying the day OF the cruise, but even the day before seems kind of scary.

That's a good idea Nancy... and that would solve another problem we had, because the airport hotels will let you park your car at the hotel for free during your entire trip if you stay there the night before your flight. Then I could do the 6am flight.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

I am thinking of flying down Saturday morning... visiting my Dad Saturday afternoon/evening and then driving over to the port area Sunday night. There are several reasonably priced hotels that have shuttles to the port. I could drop the rental car either Sat night or Sunday morning..

But this may change. I have one friend down as the roommate, but I know he's actually not coming So once we get details I will see who I want to bring instead.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

According to someone who posted before the hotels are all booked already because there is a shuttle launch the night before we leave. So that might not be an option!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    I am thinking of flying down Saturday morning... visiting my Dad Saturday afternoon/evening and then driving over to the port area Sunday night. There are several reasonably priced hotels that have shuttles to the port. I could drop the rental car either Sat night or Sunday morning..

But this may change. I have one friend down as the roommate, but I know he's actually not coming So once we get details I will see who I want to bring instead.
    I'm sure you mean SATURDAY night!

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

When we get the tickets, I think we might be flying in on the 25th or in the morning of the 25th. Either way we are hoping to spend a late night in one of the parks with extra magic hours...
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

According to someone who posted before the hotels are all booked already because there is a shuttle launch the night before we leave. So that might not be an option!
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    I'm sure you mean SATURDAY night!

Yes, Saturday LOL!

As for the hotels being booked... there are advantages to being a "frequent traveler" one of which is guranteed availiablity at at three hotel chains

Quote Originally Posted by voyageofariel View Post
    When we get the tickets, I think we might be flying in on the 25th or in the morning of the 25th. Either way we are hoping to spend a late night in one of the parks with extra magic hours...
    Epcot has evening EMH in January and early February.

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Smile Re: The WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise - Who's Going

Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    Epcot has evening EMH in January and early February.
    Thank you for letting me know Nancy! I'll find more information about Extra Hours for the time we will all be there
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Via Napoli lunch on Feb. 26th
    Ok, so now that Via Napoli is open in EPCOT I'm sure I'm one of MANY who would like to eat there. We're coming up on the 180 day ADR window for Feb. 27 and I had an idea. I know several will be at the WDW Radio Show Lou's Cruise dessert party and I wanted to know if there were some who would like to do lunch at Via Napoli that day. I'm hoping for like a 12:30-1:00 opening, so if anyone would like to join me I think it would be fun. Let me know in PMs or on my Twitter (NWinTN). I'd like to get hard numbers within about a week.
    NOTE: Depending on the numbers we may need to have someone else make an ADR for about the same time. This would help ensure that as many can join us as possible. This is in addition to doing the dessert party, not instead of it.
    Last edited by 04CP_ Nolan; 08-11-2010 at 09:07 AM.

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

Not only is this the weekend of the last shuttle launch ever Disney is having the Princess Half Marathon on that weekend too.

if you want to stay on property pre cruise my suggestion is that you talk to your MEI agent asap because I think they are holding some rooms for those going on Lou's Cruise
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    Ok, so now that Via Napoli is open in EPCOT I'm sure I'm one of MANY who would like to eat there. We're coming up on the 180 day ADR window for Feb. 27 and I had an idea. I know several will be at the WDW Radio Show Lou's Cruise dessert party and I wanted to know if there were some who would like to do lunch at Via Napoli that day. I'm hoping for like a 12:30-1:00 opening, so if anyone would like to join me I think it would be fun. Let me know in PMs or on my Twitter (NWinTN). I'd like to get hard numbers within about a week.
    NOTE: Depending on the numbers we may need to have someone else make an ADR for about the same time. This would help ensure that as many can join us as possible. This is in addition to doing the dessert party, not instead of it.
    Check out my newest blog entry at DIZNELUVER'S WORLD about Via Napoli from the Disney Parks Blog (click on the link below)
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    Would it help get more interest if I tell you Beci will also be at this lunch? Talked to her and she is gonna eat with us.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by dizneluver View Post
    Not only is this the weekend of the last shuttle launch ever Disney is having the Princess Half Marathon on that weekend too.

if you want to stay on property pre cruise my suggestion is that you talk to your MEI agent asap because I think they are holding some rooms for those going on Lou's Cruise
    Great Blog! Looks so yummy I can almost taste the pizza
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Received an email from Jet Blue today. They will extend their dates until May on Monday if anyone likes to fly Jet Blue. Thought I'd let you know, not sure how their bag fees are. We normally fly Southwest. My BF uses Jet Blue & loves it!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast