Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by dusten I asked my in-house research expert (wife) to look up the "capacity utilization" numbers for cruise lines. A day later, she found a bunch of cruise ...
    zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

Quote Originally Posted by dusten View Post
    I asked my in-house research expert (wife) to look up the "capacity utilization" numbers for cruise lines. A day later, she found a bunch of cruise line industry information. Wow, very surprising data, nearly all cruises are 100 percent full with industry average of 102 percent of capacity. That means cruises are overbooked, not sure how this works out, but I am thinking maybe 4 person rooms with 5 or 6 family members or more crew members sharing rooms. These were recent numbers despite the economy it appears cruising is recession resistant.
    Yes, I agree it does sound like that. They need a almost full ship to be able to sail I would think. I know friends are going this Feb. on different CL, they got a really good deal she said. So not sure if they are making the money to compensate.
    Last edited by zeusywoo; 12-07-2009 at 06:20 AM.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

Dining related question...

I have never cruised with relatives/friends staying in separate staterooms. I know DCL meals are usually with the same group of people (and server) in each restaurant. Would the friends/relatives I am cruising with be assigned to the same restaurant, same table, and same dining times?
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

I have never cruised with relatives/friends staying in separate staterooms. I know DCL meals are usually with the same group of people (and server) in each restaurant. Would the friends/relatives I am cruising with be assigned to the same restaurant, same table, and same dining times?
    Hi Dusten, I would think if you ask your agent they may be able to put in a request. I've never cruised either. But, I have a good feeling about this one.....
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Strange coincidence...
    Carnival cruise lines just came out with a ship called Dream in September and a ship called Magic is coming in 2011. Disney has the Magic and Dream is coming out in 2011. Carnival Dream and Disney Dream will both be launching from Port Canaveral, FL so we could see both Dream ships at the same time. The Carnival Dream has a distinct design with a row of red life boats hanging out on the side just below the main deck level.
    Cruise ship report: Live blogging from the new Carnival Dream - Cruise Log - USATODAY.com
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

Strange coincidence...
    Carnival cruise lines just came out with a ship called Dream in September and a ship called Magic is coming in 2011. Disney has the Magic and Dream is coming out in 2011. Carnival Dream and Disney Dream will both be launching from Port Canaveral, FL so we could see both Dream ships at the same time. The Carnival Dream has a distinct design with a row of red life boats hanging out on the side just below the main deck level.
    Cruise ship report: Live blogging from the new Carnival Dream - Cruise Log - USATODAY.com
    I still like the Disney Dream much more. But that's just me! Now that I think about it I read something on this in the Time article a week or so ago!
    Last edited by zeusywoo; 12-16-2009 at 06:58 PM.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi Dusten,

Your agent just needs to make sure that your cabins are linked and DCL should be able to keep your party together for dining.

Suzy
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

beci is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi All!

We have been getting quite a few questions regarding dining on the WDW Radio cruise so here are a couple of things going on with dining.

If you didnt actually specify one over the other when you booked, we have been booking main dining as a default since its typically easier to change from Main to Late, than it is the other way around. This will continue until main sells out.

Lou will be traveling with the family and has selected main dining as his preference, however about half the group has elected late instead so its likely I will host that seating along with some others who prefer the later time. ill confirm as we get closer.

If you are currently booked with MEI & Mouse Fan Travel and want to change your dining assignment, just pop a note over to your vacation planner and they will be happy to make the change.

Regardless of the dining time you prefer, if you have booked your reservation with MEI & Mouse Fan Travel, we will ensure you are seated with your cabinmates and are cross referenced to the rest of the WDW Radio group to sit together. When we get closer your Vacation Planner will contact you for specific requests for friends at the same table - and we will do our very best to accommodate.

Because we are a group, please do not cross reference with bookings outside the group as DCL will drop those requests when we do the group assignment.

If you are booked direct with DCL you can certainly transfer your booking to us and we will ensure you are part of the group for dining and other official activites. If you need some help to transfer your DCL booking, feel free to email me at: beci@mei-travel.com and we'll get you the transfer forms.

Hope this helps, and if you have any oher questions.. dont hesitate to ask!
    Beci Mahnken, ctc-mcc
    MEI & Mouse Fan Travel
    beci@MouseFanTravel.com

Thank you Beci, that was very nice of you to explain it to us new cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Thank you Beci, that was very nice of you to explain it to us new cruisers
    You are very welcome! Your first cruise can be a little confusing, so do not hesitate to post or email me if you have more questions. We want this cruise experience to be as magical and stress-free as possible!
    Beci Mahnken, ctc-mcc
    MEI & Mouse Fan Travel
    beci@MouseFanTravel.com

Quote Originally Posted by beci View Post
    You are very welcome! Your first cruise can be a little confusing, so do not hesitate to post or email me if you have more questions. We want this cruise experience to be as magical and stress-free as possible!
    Thank you very much Keith said the same! This experience so far has felt very nice for both of us! Vicki has been wonderful with our questions. Thank you for responding!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Thank you very much Keith said the same! This experience so far has felt very nice for both of us! Vicki has been wonderful with our questions. Thank you for responding!

Happy New Year Everyone!

So glad to hear Vicki is taking great care of you! Its going to be so fun to meet everyone onboard!
    Beci Mahnken, ctc-mcc
    MEI & Mouse Fan Travel
    beci@MouseFanTravel.com

So glad to hear Vicki is taking great care of you! Its going to be so fun to meet everyone onboard!
    Yes I totally agree. I love hearing you on Lou's podcast! You both are so much fun! The information you both pass on helped with our June trip! All of his guests are great! I feel like I know everyone already but not by face

I gave Vicki's name to a few friends & hope they use her too! She is extremely nice & has wonderful knowledge.

Yes I totally agree. I love hearing you on Lou's podcast! You both are so much fun! The information you both pass on helped with our June trip! All of his guests are great! I feel like I know everyone already but not by face

I gave Vicki's name to a few friends & hope they use her too! She is extremely nice & has wonderful knowledge.
    Thanks so much for your comments! You made my day. I love doing the podcast wth Lou and thanks for listening!
    Beci Mahnken, ctc-mcc
    MEI & Mouse Fan Travel
    beci@MouseFanTravel.com

Thanks so much for your comments! You made my day. I love doing the podcast wth Lou and thanks for listening!
    Oh I wouldn't miss them for the in all the world. Keith found it & I'm hooked

tinkerbells mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Well we spent the money and started the Passport process. CVS did an OK job on the photos---lighting is a problem at drug stores but the Post Office said they would work. They also said the cost would go up next month about $40.00 (they think that is the amount) Now to do more shopping for things to wear (does a girl need a reason to shop?) The trip is getting closer.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast