Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by Carolla I would still STRONGLY recommend getting a passport or card. If for some unforseen reason you were to have to fly home from the Bahamas (Family ...
    NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Cruise aboard the Disney Dream in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    I would still STRONGLY recommend getting a passport or card. If for some unforseen reason you were to have to fly home from the Bahamas (Family emergency, illness,you got drunk and missed the boat, etc...) you would be "stuck" dealing with the US Goverment.

And they don't seem to want to let us back in the country WITH the passport (if you look at the immigration lines at the airport....)

(And I actually saw "you got drunk and missed the boat" while I was in Port on a RCL cruise. Bubba's ship sailed without him He was falling down drunk trying to get on OUR ship )
    I agree that it's best to pay the ~$100 fee and get the passport, because it opens up so many more travel possibilities than having only a birth certificate and photo ID. You can't even cross the border into Canada by land without the passport card - so you might as well get the full passport book.

goin2okw is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Ok, have never been on a cruise. If I'm going on one it's gonna be a Disney cruise. My question, what is the motion of the ship like? After a few day's at sea, can you still feel yourself moving once you get off? My wife needs a motion sickness pill just to fly.

Lou gave great advice about staying near the middle of the ship, in both directions (up/down and front to back). If you have real problems with seasickness, like I do (Bonine, Dramamine, ginger, does not help at all), and still love cruising, ask your Dr for a prescription for the scopolamine patch. Make sure you put it on the morning of the sail date (takes a few hrs to get in your system), but guaranteed no problems. They are good for 4 days so will last through the cruise. Happy Sailing!

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

I felt nauseous a few minutes after boarding the ship (Disney Wonder). I laid on my back on my stateroom bed for 1 hour and after that was fine the rest of the trip. I attributed some of the problems to the size of the ship since most cruise ships seem to be much larger. I am sure the Dream will likely have the latest stabilizer technology, plus its considerably larger.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

Peter's Shadow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks everyone for the tips for dealing with motion sickness. My wife and daughter are highly prone to it and it is currently my wife's biggest concern. I will report back to her with the suggestions here to hopefully ease her worries. We have put in a request for the middle of the ship as low as we can go, hopefully we can score one of those rooms.

Greg

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

I didn't realize my posts had been moved to a new thread!

I don't think being on a Disney ship makes it any less likely that you'll get sea sick. If the seas are rough - and they were both times I cruised out of Port Canaveral in late winter - you WILL feel it. Whether or not you'll get sick depends on how your individual body reacts. I am sensitive to motion, so I start taking Meclizine the day before I cruise and every day thereafter.

Hey guys! Since I've never done a Disney cruise before and was wondering (ok mom is wondering) if you're cabin number is given to you at time of booking or do you only find out when you get your papers?? Also, Erin and I have passports that just expired, can I take them to get the new ones or do I still need to take our birth certificates to get them renewed?

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Hey guys! Since I've never done a Disney cruise before and was wondering (ok mom is wondering) if you're cabin number is given to you at time of booking or do you only find out when you get your papers?? Also, Erin and I have passports that just expired, can I take them to get the new ones or do I still need to take our birth certificates to get them renewed?

If your old passports are within a few years of expiration that's all you need. (I think it's five, but I might be wrong on that) According to this it looks like if your passport was issued within the past 15 years you can use it

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...renew_833.html

Renewal by mail is much cheaper and a lot less hassle. There seem to be fewer and fewer post offices doing the things anymore.

On most cruises you get your cabin number when you book. Some curise lines have a "any cabin" type deal where if you pay a few dollars less then you don't know the cabin number until later, but I am not sure Disney even offers that option.
    Last edited by Carolla; 11-06-2009 at 06:49 PM.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi Lori,

Unless you are booked in what is called a "Guarantee" cabin, you will receive your cabin number at the time of booking.

Cruise lines designate "Guarantee" cabins when certain categories sell out. They will then sell you that category and 'guarantee' that you will be given a cabin that is at least in that category or higher. However, you will not find out your cabin until approximately 30-60 days prior to sailing.

After booking cabins on this cruise this week, there is still a good amount of space and pricing left for those who are wishing to join this group.

As for your passports, the US Department of State website has information for you as well as links as to how/where to renew your passports.

US Department of State - Passports

It's going to be such a fun cruise! I can't wait!

Suzy
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

So glad I found this thread. Keith was very worried about me getting motion sick that was why he wouldn't agree to the cruise. Now that Lou is doing this one & he met him he couldn't say No to me But, I think I will do grand, I'll talk to the dr. prior to leaving to see what he suggests too! I always use Dramimine. We are set with passports. Thanks Susy for the not on the stateroom I was wondering the same thing Lori. Do you know what the cost of pop, water & the dinner at Palo are? I read in Celebrations I believe the dinner was about $15 is that still true?

Thanks sorry so long! First cruise
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Do you know what the cost of pop, water & the dinner at Palo are? I read in Celebrations I believe the dinner was about $15 is that still true?
    Thanks sorry so long! First cruise
    One of the wonderful things about DCL is that they do not nickel and dime you on the sodas. At dinner, coffee, tea/iced tea, and sodas are complimentary. There is also a soda fountain near the kids pool (I have not confirmed yet if there will be any additional soda fountains on the Dream). This is also the case at Castaway Cay where lunch is also complimentary!

There is a charge for bottled water. They also have an option where you can order bottled water for your stateroom.

Now - if you order soda or coffee in one of the lounges - you will be charged.

Currently, Palo charges $15 per person to dine there.

Hope that helps!
    Suzy
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Thank you so much Suzy for taking the time to answer my questions. All good to know.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Which is better Forward or Aft??

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Which is better Forward or Aft??
    Always a bit challenging to answer since personal preferences come into play. Often times, guests decide based on what location will be more convenient.

Staterooms that are Aft tend to have better accessibility to the dining rooms (on the Dream, Animators Palate is far aft and the Royal Palace & Enchanted Garden are more midship).

The Forward staterooms have better accessibility to the Walt Disney Theatre, Quiet Cove (adult) Pool and Spa.

According to DCL's deckplan, the Mickey Pool is more midship than the Magic/Wonder - which was more aft.

Suzy
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com

HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have been following the Captains Log of the Oasis of the Seas. That ship is a BEAST! The Captain was commenting on how the wintery north atlantic was giving them everything she had. He at one point says 40 FOOT WAVES!

They show the camera angle at one point and the ship looks no different than Wonder when she is rocking and rolling. Now the highest waves I have ever been on were the about 12 feet and that was plenty for me!

Take your meds and you will be fine!!

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

WHOOO!!! Stephanie with MFT got a hold on my request!! Inside Stateroom in Category 11C for $796.17, and I've got until the 12th to put down the deposit. AWESOME!!! I was just on the DCL website and they were showing over $900 for the same booking, so the price is movin like the Jeffersons.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast