Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; We are so excited because this is also our first cruise. I, too, get motion sickness. We are booked in Category 11B Deck 5 Rm 5013. Not knowing anything about ...
    DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

We are so excited because this is also our first cruise. I, too, get motion sickness. We are booked in Category 11B Deck 5 Rm 5013. Not knowing anything about cruising, is this a good deck or should we ask for another one? What about the room? After listening to Lou and Beci on the podcast we really wanted that virtual porthole. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. This is going to be awesome. Thanks for any info you can give.
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

We are on Deck 7 in Rm#7521! I don't know if I can wait till Feb 2011 for a cruise! I may need to sneak a Wonder cruise in 2010 just to help pacify!

Let the countdown begin!

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMagic71 View Post
    We are so excited because this is also our first cruise. I, too, get motion sickness. We are booked in Category 11B Deck 5 Rm 5013. Not knowing anything about cruising, is this a good deck or should we ask for another one? What about the room? After listening to Lou and Beci on the podcast we really wanted that virtual porthole. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. This is going to be awesome. Thanks for any info you can give.
    I'm on the same level as you, and you are pretty much the middle of the middle. More then likely the least likely for rocking as compared to the outside rooms and levels. I also grabbed one of these rooms, 5515, for the virtual port hole. Looking forward to seeing what splashes up!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

yensidfan is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Depends....what's an FE?
    A FE is a fish exchange. You make (or buy) a door pocket hanger type thingy called a "fish extender" and hang it from the "fish" over the room number and we all do like a "secret santa" with homemade (or bought) gifts. hmmmmmm...what if the dream doesn't have the fish??? I'm sure they'll have something!!!
    The black areas are pockets to hold lots of goodies
    I am participating in the FE on my cruise in Jan for the first time and I am making my gifts for it

Me (28), DH (30), DD (8)

DVC: AKV since 2007 and BLT since 2009
    Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    I'm on the same level as you, and you are pretty much the middle of the middle. More then likely the least likely for rocking as compared to the outside rooms and levels. I also grabbed one of these rooms, 5515, for the virtual port hole. Looking forward to seeing what splashes up!
    After taking another look at the virtual porthole, I had to call my travel agent and ask her to downgrade us from a cat 6A to a 10A!! 10A was fully booked but I got 11A . I'm SOOOO happy with that! We got a verandah on our upcoming cruise, so we will experience that. In all honesty, I'd rather have the virtual porthole!....how bout that---get what I want AND save over $600!!!!
    Besides, if I want a good view, I'll just head on up to the aquaduck!!

HolyPoly I'm Excited!!!!

btw, any of you using Vicki as a travel agent who have a cat 10 on hold, get your deposit in or better yet, chose to upgrade!!! I want that cat 10!!!

Me (28), DH (30), DD (8)

ReAnSt is offline A-Ticket holder

I can't wait to go cruising with the mouse again. This will be my 6th cruise. I've been on 4 previously and am also booked on the Western Transatlantic cruise in Sept. 2010.

Someone asked about transportation. We typically do two- one way car rentals. We rent our car at the airport drive it around before the cruise. Then we drop it off at the rental car place by the port before our cruise. We drop off most of our party at the port with all of our bags. The checked bags go to the porters and you will see them later in your stateroom. Carry on stuff stays with the rest of our party. Most of our party goes and checks in, or at least heads into the terminal. One or two people take the car to rental place to turn it in. They then take the free shuttle back to the port. They need to have photo id to get into the port, so make sure to keep it with you. It is much easier for the 1-2 people without luggage to hop onto the shuttle to the port.

On the day you get off the ship debarkation day. Everyone goes through customs together. You send your 1-2 people on shuttle to the rental car location. They return to pick you and your bags up with your rental car. You then turn your car in at the airport when you are done with it. Whether it is that day or another day later in your trip.

To do this you need to have a rental car company that rents from both places. I know that Hertz, Dollar, Enterprise, and Avis have locations at MCO and near the port. For some of them you need to search Cape Canaveral, others you need to search Port Canaveral for the port. Some rental car companies charge an additional fee to do the one way rentals but it still tends to be a cheaper way then some of the other transportation options.

Another option if you have your own car is to spend a night at one of the nearby hotels that offers free parking to cruise line guests. You then leave your car at the hotel while you are on the cruise and take the hotel shuttle to the port.

Becky
    Last edited by ReAnSt; 11-11-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Mary501 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnSt View Post
    I know that Hertz, Dollar, Enterprise, and Avis have locations at MCO and near the port. For some of them you need to search Cape Canaveral, others you need to search Port Canaveral for the port. Some rental car companies charge an additional fee to do the one way rentals but it still tends to be a cheaper way then some of the other transportation options.
    Becky
    Budget also does one way to the port and they do not charge an additional fee. Also, Enterprise is not open on Sundays if that is the first day of the cruise. Besides Cape Canaveral, search Cocoa Beach.
    DVC member since 2000 - Boardwalk Villas
    Magic Meets attendee 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009
    MagicMeets at Sea 2010
    Lou's Cruise on the Disney Dream 2/27/11
    Alaska cruise May 2011
    Deb's cruise on the Fantasy May 2012

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

Is anyone planning on going to WDW before or after the cruise? If so, I would be interested in the overall plan relative to flights and to/from the port. Does WDW provide transportation to/from Port Canaveral?

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Is anyone planning on going to WDW before or after the cruise? If so, I would be interested in the overall plan relative to flights and to/from the port. Does WDW provide transportation to/from Port Canaveral?
    Even though I would rather go to wdw before the cruise, we must go after due to our work schedules, so here is what we will probably do: We will probably fly down to MCO on sat and use FL Tours to transport us to Port Canaveral. We will stay in a room down there and then board the ship on Sun. On Thurs we will again use FL Tours to transport us to WDW from Port Canaveral and then use Disney's Magical Express service to MCO from WDW. FL Tours is more reasonable that using Disney's Transportation, but that is my personal preferance. I also like the fact that FL Tours will allow you a grocery stop on the way down . I may change my mind and just use disney's transportation because there will only be 3 of us and the savings using FL Tours won't be as substantial as they are on our next cruise, where there are 5 of us.

The Disney company does provide transportation to Port Canaveral from MCO and to WDW from Port Canaveral and to Port Canaveral from WDW. Price them and get a quote from FL Tours or look into renting a car. I may even look into that option myself
    Last edited by yensidfan; 11-11-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Me (28), DH (30), DD (8)

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

I've started a thread for the cruisers who are on Deck 7. Come over and get to know your neighbors.

I can't post a link yet (not enough posts), but the thread is called The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

What a Wonderful idea!!! I'll have to wait to see exactly which deck I am for sure going to be on before joining or starting a deck thread
    ....still waiting for my cat 10A!

Me (28), DH (30), DD (8)

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by toddpalino View Post
    So looking forward to this cruise, because this next year is shaping up to be a little difficult for our family! But that didn't stop us from plussing it a bit and going for concierge. Plenty of time to save for that.

Now it's time to plot the rest of the vacation. WDW before, or after, or both?

-Todd
    The week before the cruise will probably be more crowded at WDW than the week after due to Presidents Day on Feb. 21st. I will probably fly to Orlando 2 or 3 days pre-cruise, sail on the Dream, then spend up to a week at WDW post-cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    WOW- This will be our first cruise - we went for 4A and got on Deck 10. I'm optimistic that we'll have a great time but am looking for some confirmation that it will not be COLD.
    Has anyone ever taken a late-Feb-early March cruise out of Pt Canaveral before?

My very first cruise was out of Port Canaveral on Feb. 27, 2004 on Holland America. The weather in the Orlando area was quite cold and windy, but it warmed up by the time we got to our first Caribbean port. (The seas were also rough the first night - so I am expecting more of the same in 2011.) We aren't going as far south on the Bahamas cruise, but I'm hoping for nice weather in Nassau and at Castaway Cay.

called my TA (again) cause now my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister & brother-in-law and nephew are all going too!! We have 3 Cat 11A staterooms booked! YAY!! Feb 27th is my mother-in-law's bday so this will be a wonderful celebration!!

We will all be on deck 9. I don't have my room number yet but they are in 9021 and 9023

Me (28), DH (30), DD (8)

CarinaBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

What time does Disney transportation usually get you to the port? We would like to get there as early as possible.

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Corby View Post
    Now these comments sound better. Ride the AquaDuck no matter what!
    If the Aquaduck is an enclosed tube, the weather doesn't matter as long as the water is heated. The first time you get in dry and you only have to worry once you get out of the water at the end. We will have to see how far the end is from the beginning to ride again. It may be cold if I have to stand outside in line to ride again after getting all wet.

On the other hand, if loading inside and the end is near the beginning then it's all good. Got to watch that video again!>)
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast