Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Meeting up on The 2011 WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise? Post your Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom here! This is my first ever cruise and I thought maybe we ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Arrow Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom

Meeting up on The 2011 WDW Radio Disney Dream Cruise?

Post your Questions, Comments & Words of Wisdom here!

This is my first ever cruise and I thought maybe we could share our thoughts and questions about Disney Cruising here while we spend the next 15 months planning our trips!

First order of business, stop over and add yourself to the list of attendees on this thread in the forums: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/wdw-r...tml#post845487

Then, share your questions and thoughts here!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

putting down a deposit later today.... couples only cruise.. leaving the 4 kdis behind... need time away from chores. we are DVC members (with 4 contracts) so they are not deprived at all!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Re: Meeting up on The WDWRadio Disney Dream Cruise? Questions, Comments & Words of Wi

Sounds like a wonderful idea, Cindy! Looking forward to meeting you there!! (Be sure you go to dinner at Palo after a couples massage at the spa!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Ok, have never been on a cruise. If I'm going on one it's gonna be a Disney cruise. My question, what is the motion of the ship like? After a few day's at sea, can you still feel yourself moving once you get off? My wife needs a motion sickness pill just to fly.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Just take the motion sick pills an hour before getting on the boat and with some food it helps alot

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

I never had any trouble so I'm not a lot of help. My husband gets motion sickness the first night out of port (crossing the Gulf Stream) and after that he is fine. Like Kellie said, take Bonine an hour BEFORE getting on the boat. After you get sick it's too late.
    They call me "Nana"

I read that if you normally don't take motion sickness pills to try them out ahead of time to make sure you don't get any bad side effects. Maybe I'll take one and then go ride tea cups for awhile.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

I have to say that of all the cruises I've been on Disney's have been the most stable (yes, even when we were outrunning a hurricane last year). They have stabilizers and other high-tech controls that minimize the ship movement. if you're really worried, i'd request a cabin that is in the center of the ship on a middle deck - that offers the least amount of motion
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Thank's guys. We may be on to something. My first cruise may be ahead!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

ok,ok we want to go on our first cruise, but what stateroom do I request? And what should we expect for cost? Please help.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Kind of wondering about something.... Does DCL give group rates on cruises if a certain number of people are classed as a group? Is the WDW Radio Cruise considered a group cruise subject to possible group rates? I'm just curious, I'm sure there would be enough people willing to go to make it possible if they allow it.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Cruise aboard the Disney Dream in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by dusten View Post
    Thanks for all the good information...

I thought you might need a passport now (we didn't for the Wonder cruise in 2005), but according to the posts you may be able to substitute with a birth certificate and photo ID. Although, if I have to pay for a certified copy of my birth certificate, I may just get another passport (mine expired a couple years ago).

I am still watching to see how much an ocean view with verandah (cat5) will be for 2 adults and almost 4 year old. We stayed in an ocean view room with portal back in 2005, but we got a land/sea package so I can't easily compare the prices. Planning to send in my form this week.

Also, waiting to hear what type of room Lou gets...
    You will need a passport or a passport card
    AIR TRAVEL
    ALL PERSONS traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport book or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.
    LAND AND SEA TRAVEL
    ALL PERSONS traveling by land and sea outside of the United States are required to present a passport book/card, or other valid travel documents to enter or re-enter the United States.
    The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website:
    • Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document when entering the United States.
      Please Note: Children under age 16 will be able to continue crossing land and sea borders using only a U.S. birth certificate (or other form of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate.). The original birth certificate or a copy may be used. See the Department of Homeland Security's Ready, Set.. Go! for more information on the changing travel requirements.
    See Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

This was effective this June and I don't see anything on the website indicating it's changed. A birth certificate is ONLY valid for a child under 16. The only exceptions are US Terriorites and I am pretty sure the Bahamas is NOT a US territory. (And no, it doesn't matter if you don't get off the ship ) Wonder who "rules" Castaway Cay per the US State Department... the Nation of Mickey Mouse???
    Last edited by Carolla; 11-05-2009 at 04:54 PM.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

The Bahamas.
    They call me "Nana"

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    You will need a passport or a passport card
    AIR TRAVEL
    ALL PERSONS traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport book or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.
    LAND AND SEA TRAVEL
    ALL PERSONS traveling by land and sea outside of the United States are required to present a passport book/card, or other valid travel documents to enter or re-enter the United States.
    The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website:
    • Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document when entering the United States.
      Please Note: Children under age 16 will be able to continue crossing land and sea borders using only a U.S. birth certificate (or other form of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate.). The original birth certificate or a copy may be used. See the Department of Homeland Security's Ready, Set.. Go! for more information on the changing travel requirements.

See Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

This was effective this June and I don't see anything on the website indicating it's changed. A birth certificate is ONLY valid for a child under 16. The only exceptions are US Terriorites and I am pretty sure the Bahamas is NOT a US territory. (And no, it doesn't matter if you don't get off the ship ) Wonder who "rules" Castaway Cay per the US State Department... the Nation of Mickey Mouse???
    There is an exception for those on "closed loop" cruises that originate and end in the same US port: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...go/sea_travel/

<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="775"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td>
    </td><td valign="top"><!-- Start No Breadcrumbs --><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr><td class="breadcrumb_link">Home / Travel / U.S. Citizens/Lawful Permanent Residents / Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative / </td></tr></tbody></table><!-- End No Breadcrumbs --><table class="basic_text" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="58"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" align="right"></td></tr><tr><td valign="top"><table class="basic_text" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="570"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="355"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="360"><tbody><tr><td width="280">Sea Travel</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="80"> </td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="340"><tbody><tr><td><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr></tbody></table>
    On June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one of the travel documents listed below.Many of these documents are already available, and obtaining one now will ensure that you are ready on June 1, 2009, when they will be required.
    U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.
    U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.
    Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – Several states and Canadian provinces/territories are issuing this driver’s license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.
    Trusted Traveler Program Cards – NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST enrollment cards can speed your entry into the U.S. and are issued only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The cards are valid for use at land or sea; the NEXUS card can be used in airports with a NEXUS kiosk.
    Note: Cruise Ship Passengers: U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same U.S. port) will be able to enter or depart the country with a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents.
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    There is an exception for those on "closed loop" cruises that originate and end in the same US port: U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Travel

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I would still STRONGLY recommend getting a passport or card. If for some unforseen reason you were to have to fly home from the Bahamas (Family emergency, illness,you got drunk and missed the boat, etc...) you would be "stuck" dealing with the US Goverment.

And they don't seem to want to let us back in the country WITH the passport (if you look at the immigration lines at the airport....)

(And I actually saw "you got drunk and missed the boat" while I was in Port on a RCL cruise. Bubba's ship sailed without him He was falling down drunk trying to get on OUR ship )

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast