Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 318 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.... Please see post #3841 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; hello thanks for the link. Cindy and I looking fwd to meeting you all. we have never cruised before so we thought this would be good time try with all ...
    NICKY MOUSE is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors

hello thanks for the link. Cindy and I looking fwd to meeting you all. we have never cruised before so we thought this would be good time try with all the disney fans. We are from the Cleveland, Ohio area in city call Medina about 25 miles south of Cleveland.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    Walt Disney

WDW visits
    75 April Contemporary
    76 April Contemporary
    02 June Cabins Fort Wilderness
    05 Easter Fort Wilderness Camping
    06-07 New Years Riverside
    07-08 New Years Pop
    09 June Riverside
    09 18-23 Dec Pop
    10 5-9 Apr Pop
    10 11-20 June Camping Fort Wilderness
    10 Dec Polynesian
    11 Disney Dream Lou Cruise
    11 June Fort Wilderness
    11 Oct Bay Lake Tower
    12 Jan Pop
    12 June Bay Lake
    12 July Cruise to Canada On Magic
    12 Nov Lou's Cruise on Dream

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Got my cabin number finally! Mom and I are in 7675!
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Sorry Paul I just realized I forgot my last name. Darlene & Keith Nagi stateroom #7014. Don't know how I did that, thanks for putting our neighborhood together. This is going to be so much fun!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

flutter is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pendric View Post
    Hi all. I'm Greg Haas. My wife Linda and I booked yesterday. We will be in cabin 7501. This will be our first Disney cruise. We can't wait. We've talked about taking a Disney Cruise for a long time and decided that this would be the perfect time to go.

I've been listening to Lou since the early podcast days. I used to listen to Lou and Nathan Rose back on Mouse Tunes. I can't wait to meet him in person. I think that this cruise is going to be a blast!

See you all in February 2011

The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors

7690 Paul and Lisa Houk [Goofypal]; Montgomery AL
    7186 Lesa and George Lamb [littlegrammy]; Kersey PA
    7182 Lori, Erin and Cassidy (DD10) [lorilovestigger]; small town PA
    7521 Sam and Ashley Turner [HappyGrumpy)]; Chesapeake VA; Ashley bd Feb 25
    7527 Tracy and Erica (DD21) [flutter]
    7014 Darlene and Keith [zeusywoo]; West Seneca NY
    7660 Mitch, Betsy, Alex (DS13) and MacKenzie (DD9) [brannenm]
    Shelley and JoAnne Scholl [shelbell77]
    7074 Jason, Heather, & Victoria (DD5) [OrionPax]; Twin Cities MN
    7018 Gunny, Carol, & Annie (DD8) Wallen [Gunnyman]; SC
    7021 Marc & Josiah Lorenzo [marcmantoo]
    7031 George, Joy, & Danielle Johnston [DisneyMagic71]
    7677 Mary Jo, Andy, Emily, & Wyatt [Maryjo]
    7650 Nick and Cindy [NICKY MOUSE]
    7501 Greg and Linda Haas [Pendric]
    DD otherwise known as the evil spawn

Tracy..be nice to Erica! It'll be her 21st birthday!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

Oh man you guys I had a long day today and I am so glad I have neighbors like you to come home to

Well we are another day closer to our cruise! Today was one of those days where I wish it was next week! Never fear it will be here before we know it!

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
    Oh man you guys I had a long day today and I am so glad I have neighbors like you to come home to

Well we are another day closer to our cruise! Today was one of those days where I wish it was next week! Never fear it will be here before we know it!
    At least the rain has stopped? Glad we can be here for you. I have only another 5 days until a week off for Thanksgiving, and then only 3 weeks until Christmas break - and our trip to the World! One of the benefits of being a teacher.
    Last edited by goofypal; 11-14-2009 at 10:50 AM.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

We are up to 15 cabins on the deck; 7 forward, 7 aft, and 1 mid-ships (sorry Orionpax - you are an island to yourself; at least you are right by the elevators so we can bother you in the morning and at night ). I enlarged and printed out the deck 7 map and marked everyone's cabin. Then of course I failed to save the file. I'll try to do it again and figure out a way to link it. Of course, we can use FB like Lori suggested, and we can pass information without everyone in the world seeing it. But then that means I will have to keep checking my FB.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Listening to Park Hopper Radio on Live365.com. Riding the monorail to Epcot right now.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by pendric View Post
    Hi all. I'm Greg Haas. My wife Linda and I booked yesterday. We will be in cabin 7501. This will be our first Disney cruise. We can't wait. We've talked about taking a Disney Cruise for a long time and decided that this would be the perfect time to go.
    Greg and Linda,

Welcome to the neighborhood! Wow, you are about as far forward as you can get on the ship. We are on the complete opposite end from you.

What part of Taxachusetts...I mean Massachusetts are you from? I was stationed at Hanscom AFB (in Lexington) from 83-87, and was married in Lexington. DW Lisa's family is from Lexington and Providence, and her mom lives on the lower Cape (Wareham/Onset). We are headed there next week for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping for some pretty decent weather, and maybe some lobster.
    Last edited by goofypal; 11-14-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

For those of you that care, we have 6 cabins with virtual portholes. So those of us that are deprived will have lots of places to visit.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Would people be interested/willing to share information about what work they do? This will help us find out what we have in common - more than just a love of family and the Mouse. I could add it to the list of neighbors on the first post. Or maybe this is too much information on an open forum like this. Or we could use FB.

Let me know.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

I know I have asked several people about what caused them to like the mouse. So here is my answer.

I grew up watching Uncle Walt every Sunday night - on a b&w tv (oh, how I wanted to watch Tinker Bell in color). It was a dream to go to Disneyland, but we lived in Virginia in the mid-60s, and you just didn't jump on an airplane like you can today. We did go to the '64 World's Fair in NYC, and I can remember getting to "drive" the car through the Ford exhibit with the dinosaurs - the one that Disney built. But I don't remember if we saw the Carousel of Progress.

It was great when WDW was built. We went for the first time shortly after it opened - it had to be before 74 because we moved from Virginia then. I don't have a lot of memories of the trip to WDW, but I do remember staying with a family friend in Clermont.

The next visit to WDW was when I was in college (around 1980). We went after New Years, and during a artic blast. I remember wearing my parka. We also went to Key West, and the highs there were in the 50s!

DW was introduced to WDW over Christmas in 1986, during a family trip to celebrate her Grandmother's 80 BD. Her first park day was the day after Christmas! And we got there late - love traveling with extended family.
    Just a few people there that day. We also went on the Big Red Boat (the precurser to the DCL - but NOTHING like DCL!!!) over New Year's, and on the back end of a tropical storm.

Jump forward to '92. I was transferred to Alabama, and it was a short drive (8 hours) to WDW. So we went twice in 3 years - with 2 and 1 year olds (sorry Mike Scopa). At least I had a good time. This was also the time that I became a Goofy fanatic. And it all started with a Burger King promotional toy for the Goofy movie. That has now grown to an obsession with Goofy. I'll post some pictures later of my Goofy collection.

We finally visited Disneyland in 1999 on our way to Korea. I hate to say it, but PotC is really better at Disneyland - gotta love the bayou opening. And what about Roger Rabbit's Toon Town Spin...

We moved back to Alabama in 2001, and have been going to WDW every year (sometimes 2 or 3 times) since then. Another desire fulfilled was spending Christmas at WDW last year.

We joined DVC in 2004, and have been to all of the WDW DVC resorts except BWV and BLT. I love my DVC!

DD Cathleen (18) is the other Disney fanatic in the family. We did father/daughter trips in 2007 (for her 16th bd), 2008 (MNSSHP and Food&Wine), and 2009 (for her HS graduation). We're going again in a month when she gets back from college. She also hopes to do the college program sometime.

One of my goals is to work during a summer at WDW - before I get too old.
    Sorry for the length, but that's my 2 dollars and 2 cents. What about yours?
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    DD otherwise known as the evil spawn
    Oh no evil spawn we all have wonderful spawn. They just have horns at some moments.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Hello Neighbors on Deck 7. Paul thanks for starting this thread!

We are Darlene & Keith from West Seneca NY. We will be taking up residence in stateroom #7014 at the front of the ship. Middle of ship I heard was good for 1st time cruiser, DH was a Navy man so he is familiar with bigger boats & subs. I do clerical work in downtown Buffalo now for 18 years. DH is a guard. I just turned 40 in May & was done in Disney as my gift from my DH & DD (still hasn't decided if she can go as she is in college going into Nursing) in June this year.

I am the Disney Freak of the family. No one can believe I got my DH to go on a cruise but he loves me very much. I have Loved Mickey & the gang from 1980 when my mom took me to WDW the first time.
    Darlene & Keith,

I just realized I hadn't welcomed you to the neighborhood. So, welcome to the neighborhood. Glad you're along for the ride.

Upstate NY is beautiful. We've been to Niagara Falls several times - luckily during the summer time. I don't envy you guys during the winter.

I went to HS at the other end of NY from you both geographically and culturally - Long Island. I only lived there during the HS years, and I haven't been back since. The best memory I had was getting to watch the tall ships in NYC on the July 4, 1976, and then seeing the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty.

How long was Keith in the Navy, and what did he serve on? I worked with the Navy for about 4 years while I was in the Air Force, and I was stationed at Naval Supply Command at Mechanicsburg PA for a year.

Congratulations on the birthday. What a great place to celebrate it. Lisa and I both turn the big 50 next fall, so we will celebrate it on the cruise.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Page 4 of 318 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast