Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 54 of 318 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.... Please see post #3841 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by zeusywoo The Beach Club Villa's on my BF's DVC pts. The room we had was remodeled. The cleaning only came ever 4 days on DVC so I ...
    shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    The Beach Club Villa's on my BF's DVC pts. The room we had was remodeled. The cleaning only came ever 4 days on DVC so I can't say anything as we were only there 5 days(we left on the 5th) LOL so she only cleaned after we left. It was only Ali & I so not much mess as we weren't in the room that trip! We hadn't been since '01 so we crammed all we could in we were exhausted!
    Yeah, they don't come every day at DVC, but it wasn't that clean when we checked in, and didn't get any better. And it was the common areas that looked really worn down too.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Oh Thank you so much!
    You can check out our Virtual Porthole too!

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

trinibjill is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    Now that should be interesting

Recently Diagnosed with Acute-Disney-itis

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

I have a Magicmeets friend named Blossom who has one of those on deck 8

I really wanna see one.

I am open to company on the verandah if Mom is

On my first cruise I mad a habit of going out there every morning, at least once midday and every night.

Its so peaceful and the water has such a special sound from a ship.

btw, you first time cruisers, The Ship Is Massively Huge!!!

I literally toured the Magic for 7 days (in between stage shows, meals and trips to the pool) - I never saw the whole thing! I never walked the whole of deck 4 (the wraparound deck.) I never used the spa or the gym. I never did a galley tour or wine/champagne/martini tasting. I never ordered room service!!!

I plan to remedy this when sailing on the Dream.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

~Bonus photo for the day~

°O° cj/nj °O°

DDFJo is offline A-Ticket holder

Oh really we loved Beach Club in '06 in June. It was a suite for 2 with a balcony view of Epcot in the distance. Loved the pool of course. Everything looked great! Sorry you were disappointed. Keith & I talked some more tonight he is going to read the articles in Celebrations. We will wait for your review. But, we were thinking one before & one after this way we get both to try
    I tried for years to get us into the Beach Club Villas, all to no avail since it is not my home resort. I was able to book my son into there for his college graduation trip, but Shel and I weren't able to get a reservation there until Sept '08. We had stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it; the pool, of course being one of my favorite things (I sooo miss that it is no longer included in pool hopping!).

Anyway, the villas were totally run down on the floor we were staying on and also on the main entrance which used to house the DVC main desk until they moved it out with the hotel check in.

We are used to housecleaning not coming every day, but there were chips on the floor under the table when we checked in and our towels and linens never did get changed (nor our room vacuumed) the whole time we were there and we spent seven nights. It was very non-Disney and quite disappointing.

That being said, we LOVED being so close to the back entrance of Epcot and being able to walk over there and to the Boardwalk. Strolling back after dinner in Epcot was an especially nice way to walk off all the calories.

I can't wait to see what Boardwalk is like, but am especially looking forward to our night in Bay Lake Tower. Unfortunately I missed the last MK view studio while trying to book and we got a Bay Lake view instead. I'm sure it will still be wonderful. I just can't believe we got in! YEA!!!
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
    On my first cruise I mad a habit of going out there every morning, at least once midday and every night.

I used to agree with you.....I LOVED spending time out on our veranda. But the last trip spoiled it for me. I don't know who of our deck 7 crew smokes or not, so I don't mean to offend anyone. But I'm NOT a smoker, and the smell really bothers me. And unfortunately, the cabin NEXT to us...I swear...EVERY SINGLE time I went out on our veranda they were either out there smoking already, or came out to start smoking. It really spoiled it for me, because in the past I've always enjoyed sitting out there and reading, looking up at the water. And this last trip I was still in grad school and wanted to do my studying from there...it just didn't happen.

So....I decided it didn't make sense for us to go with the veranda anymore. Its a lot of extra money (or DVC points) to not be able to use it. We're just doing an oceanview this May on the Wonder (it will be the first time EVER we haven't been on deck 7!), and then we were intrigued by the virtual porthole for the Dream. We had an inside cabin ONCE on Princess and hated it...but it was because it made me feel trapped not seeing outside. Since with the virtual porthole we CAN kinda see outside, I'm hoping that makes it cool.

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Yeah, they don't come every day at DVC, but it wasn't that clean when we checked in, and didn't get any better. And it was the common areas that looked really worn down too.
    Wow that sounds so different from the '06 trip we took I feel bad for you. Thank you so much I would love to see the Virtual Porthole too!

I am open to company on the verandah if Mom is

That would be nice one time when Keith wants to nap & I don't if mom is ok with it!

btw, you first time cruisers, The Ship Is Massively Huge!!!

I literally toured the Magic for 7 days (in between stage shows, meals and trips to the pool) - I never saw the whole thing! I never walked the whole of deck 4 (the wraparound deck.) I never used the spa or the gym. I never did a galley tour or wine/champagne/martini tasting. I never ordered room service!!!

I plan to remedy this when sailing on the Dream.
    Yes you do have lots planned. I think I will be doing what you did on your first trip too. I'm used to getting up early & do plan on the gym first thing in a.m.

~Bonus photo for the day~

Quote Originally Posted by DDFJo View Post
    I tried for years to get us into the Beach Club Villas, all to no avail since it is not my home resort. I was able to book my son into there for his college graduation trip, but Shel and I weren't able to get a reservation there until Sept '08. We had stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it; the pool, of course being one of my favorite things (I sooo miss that it is no longer included in pool hopping!).

Anyway, the villas were totally run down on the floor we were staying on and also on the main entrance which used to house the DVC main desk until they moved it out with the hotel check in.

We are used to housecleaning not coming every day, but there were chips on the floor under the table when we checked in and our towels and linens never did get changed (nor our room vacuumed) the whole time we were there and we spent seven nights. It was very non-Disney and quite disappointing.

That being said, we LOVED being so close to the back entrance of Epcot and being able to walk over there and to the Boardwalk. Strolling back after dinner in Epcot was an especially nice way to walk off all the calories.

I can't wait to see what Boardwalk is like, but am especially looking forward to our night in Bay Lake Tower. Unfortunately I missed the last MK view studio while trying to book and we got a Bay Lake view instead. I'm sure it will still be wonderful. I just can't believe we got in! YEA!!!
    Oh wow that is something. My BF who owns at OKW said it is hard to get in, I was surprised when they gifted us the trip & it was there. We did get to pool hop in back in '01 before they changed the rules. So we knew the pool & made our breakfast be outside pool side every morning. You should have written them & told them what you thought! I think they would listen.

I used to agree with you.....I LOVED spending time out on our veranda. But the last trip spoiled it for me. I don't know who of our deck 7 crew smokes or not, so I don't mean to offend anyone. But I'm NOT a smoker, and the smell really bothers me. And unfortunately, the cabin NEXT to us...I swear...EVERY SINGLE time I went out on our veranda they were either out there smoking already, or came out to start smoking. It really spoiled it for me, because in the past I've always enjoyed sitting out there and reading, looking up at the water. And this last trip I was still in grad school and wanted to do my studying from there...it just didn't happen.

So....I decided it didn't make sense for us to go with the veranda anymore. Its a lot of extra money (or DVC points) to not be able to use it. We're just doing an oceanview this May on the Wonder (it will be the first time EVER we haven't been on deck 7!), and then we were intrigued by the virtual porthole for the Dream. We had an inside cabin ONCE on Princess and hated it...but it was because it made me feel trapped not seeing outside. Since with the virtual porthole we CAN kinda see outside, I'm hoping that makes it cool.
    Neither of us are smokers, or anymore (18 years free). We thought of the veranda but Keith thought I wouldn't want to be in the room anyhow on my first cruise so not work the extra cash. Save it for the hotel.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

~Some new pics for our Bay Lake DVCers - Bay Lake View~

°O° cj/nj °O°

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

Howdy hey, neighbors. Catching up on posts while watching the BCS championship game. Too bad about McCoy getting hurt, but I'm cheering for Alabama.

Looks like we missed the snow bullet here in Dixie, but it is still cold, cold, cold (at least for us). Hey, Flutter, Zeusywoo, Shelbel, and everyone else up north - keep the stinking cold up north, will ya!

Picture of the day. Some of my Goofy collection - hence my name. And it's grown since the picture was taken.

Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Looks like I talked too quick about missing the bullet. Just got called by the school system that school has been cancelled tomorrow. Woo hoo! Gotta love a 3 day work week at the end of 2 weeks of no school. No reason to rush into things.

We are just at the edge of freezing rain, and it's supposed to be COLD tonight, so they must want to err on the side of safety with the buses. Can't say I blame them.

Of course, you guys up north just laugh at us. That's okay with me. It'll be 75 here in a month, and you guys will still have snow on the ground.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

ReAnSt is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi from Deck 2.

I added a request to join the Lose to Cruise FB page. I hope that is ok.

Also the Goofy collection is very nice.
    Becky

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by goofypal View Post
    Looks like I talked too quick about missing the bullet. Just got called by the school system that school has been cancelled tomorrow. Woo hoo! Gotta love a 3 day work week at the end of 2 weeks of no school. No reason to rush into things.

We are just at the edge of freezing rain, and it's supposed to be COLD tonight, so they must want to err on the side of safety with the buses. Can't say I blame them.

Of course, you guys up north just laugh at us. That's okay with me. It'll be 75 here in a month, and you guys will still have snow on the ground.

HECK--- we have snow on EASTER lots of times.... and in May too.....
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

~Some new pics for our Bay Lake DVCers - Bay Lake View~
    Great pictures. Makes me want to be there - only when it is warmer. Did you take them on the launch to Wilderness Lodge?
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Picture of the day. Some of my Goofy collection - hence my name. And it's grown since the picture was taken.

Looks alot like my Mickey/Tigger collections

Very Cool!

Great pictures. Makes me want to be there - only when it is warmer. Did you take them on the launch to Wilderness Lodge?
    Thank you~

Actually, it was from the Pirate Pals cruise that takes off from the back Contemporary.
    I was very happy that they turned out~
    °O° cj/nj °O°