Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 318 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.... Please see post #3841 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by lorilovestigger There will be one dressy dinner night but I think the rest are casual. Khakis and nice shirts, but I'm sure you could wear shorts if ...
    zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    There will be one dressy dinner night but I think the rest are casual. Khakis and nice shirts, but I'm sure you could wear shorts if you wanted to.
    Oh Lori thank you, Keith will be thrilled to hear that! Your a gem of knowledge, you should be an agent!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

In my opinion, the dinner dress on DCL has really evolved over time and is WAY more casual then it started.

On "formal night" you will see a handful of couples in tuxes and cocktail dresses...but in my experience there aren't too many. That said, if you WANT to go all out you totally can. More often the men are in nice slacks and a shirt...MAYBE a jacket...and the women may be in dresses...or black pants and tops.

On regular dinner nights...it seems to have evolved into whatever. I remember initially there were to be no shorts and no jeans at dinner...I regularly see BOTH these days. Personally, I will usually throw on some black pants and a top with a sweater. Maybe I'll wear a casual skirt and sweater. Definitely nothing very dressy.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    To my fellow neighbors, I have a question. Since some of you are expert cruisers, what is the dress code for the dinners on a DC? I would think all dress up? Or are some casual. Jacket & tie for Keith or dress shirt & jacket? Thank you in advance for your help!
    You pretty much could get away with anything. However, most people tend to get cleaned up and put on something a little nicer than what you would wear out at the pool, lol. I don't think they would allow a bathsuit or anything like that. Most nights on the other Disney Cruise that I went on I wore a casual dress. You can ask Lori though I like to have a lot of outfits to choose from too.
    On average, I would say a lot of women will wear a sundress, nice capris and top, and other nicer clothing. Some women will even wear cocktail dresses, but that is totally optional and up to you.
    Men wear Khaki pants with a polos, Hawaiian shirts, button downs, etc. I don't remember any men wearing shorts, but if they were nice shorts it probably would be ok.
    I wouldn't say there was a "formal" night, but if you go to Palo one night it is little bit dressier. I think the men have to wear a jacket there.
    This is all from my past experience. It could have changed, but not too much from what I have heard on other podcasts.
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

If I had to guess, Lou will get some pimped out suite. They'll probably give him the Walt Disney Suite for just being Lou.

Lori, you're just jealous that Lou likes me more, haha.
    Mary Jo

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    In my opinion, the dinner dress on DCL has really evolved over time and is WAY more casual then it started.

On "formal night" you will see a handful of couples in tuxes and cocktail dresses...but in my experience there aren't too many. That said, if you WANT to go all out you totally can. More often the men are in nice slacks and a shirt...MAYBE a jacket...and the women may be in dresses...or black pants and tops.

On regular dinner nights...it seems to have evolved into whatever. I remember initially there were to be no shorts and no jeans at dinner...I regularly see BOTH these days. Personally, I will usually throw on some black pants and a top with a sweater. Maybe I'll wear a casual skirt and sweater. Definitely nothing very dressy.
    I totally agree with all of this as well.
    There is such a range of dress at night that I don't think you'll go wrong.
    Mary Jo

IF I can fit into it I now what dress I'm wearing. Better start that diet now.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    If I had to guess, Lou will get some pimped out suite. They'll probably give him the Walt Disney Suite for just being Lou.

Lori, you're just jealous that Lou likes me more, haha.
    Yes, yes I am! .....NOT!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

flutter is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by goofypal View Post
    Wow...glad you feel better. I know Onset isn't even across the canal, but I just say as I am told. I'll be glad to actually meet a native Cape Codder. There aren't that many - kinda like a native Floridian.

Is Mashpee on the Cape? I think we'll be having T'day dinner at the Daniel Webster Inn. And I know we're going to church in Dennisport the Sunday before. We're also planning a day trip up to Bean Town - probably on Monday.
    Mashpee is on the Cape, next town over from Sandwich where Daniel Webster Inn is.

Quote Originally Posted by goofypal View Post
    17 cabins so far in the Deck 7 Neighborhood. I have no idea how many people are now coming, but it was over 70 cabins total so far. Be sure to go back to the first post in this thread to see everyone on Deck 7, and make sure your information is correct.

A personal favor - I need people to welcome my DW Lisa. She has been lurking - reading the email updates. She is really a lot of fun, has great ideas, and will talk your leg off once she gets to know you. She also lets me take her to WDW on a regular basis, and now on a Disney Cruise. Wat a lucky goil! (think Betty Boop in Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

If you need story starters, she has a business background, is the bookkeeper at a K-3 elementary school with 800 students and 70+ staff members, likes the Browns, Patriots, Red Sox, and likes doing craft things. Her 40th birthday was on a Friday the 13th (several years ago). Oh, and did I mention she puts up with me. Thanks!
    Welcome Lisa....Patriots and Red Sox fan...I like you already. I am a nurse....I don't enjoy elemetary school children...and can't remember what day of the week my 40th was on

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    ...and can't remember what day of the week my 40th was on
    I think it was a Thursday or Friday. I seem to remember flying down either on your birthday or a day away from it. And that trip was the 1st of the short 4 day weekend trips to WDW....
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

yeah I was thinking thursday....I know it was a 12th not a 13th

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    yeah I was thinking thursday....I know it was a 12th not a 13th
    By golly....you are right!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post

Thank you so much, this too is very good information. See the funny thing was on our Dominican trip in 2007 we read men wear pants & dress shirt with jacket or tie. Women dress. LOL half the men work t's & shorts. The women were wearing bathing suit wraps. Don't get me wrong thats fine for lunch but we all the wedding group were with made sure we all dressed up! Well the guys were like why us!!!!! This will be much more what I was thinking!!!!!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    You pretty much could get away with anything. However, most people tend to get cleaned up and put on something a little nicer than what you would wear out at the pool, lol. I don't think they would allow a bathsuit or anything like that. Most nights on the other Disney Cruise that I went on I wore a casual dress. You can ask Lori though I like to have a lot of outfits to choose from too.
    On average, I would say a lot of women will wear a sundress, nice capris and top, and other nicer clothing. Some women will even wear cocktail dresses, but that is totally optional and up to you.
    Men wear Khaki pants with a polos, Hawaiian shirts, button downs, etc. I don't remember any men wearing shorts, but if they were nice shorts it probably would be ok.
    I wouldn't say there was a "formal" night, but if you go to Palo one night it is little bit dressier. I think the men have to wear a jacket there.
    This is all from my past experience. It could have changed, but not too much from what I have heard on other podcasts.
    Mary Jo thank you also for all your knowledge! I knew I could count on all of you to direct me & the others who needed directing!

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    IF I can fit into it I now what dress I'm wearing. Better start that diet now.
    You so can do it! You'll look fabulous!!!!!

Page 7 of 318 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast