Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 318 1231151101 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.... Please see post #3841 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This thread is for Feb 27 2011 Deck 7 Dreamers. We can use this thread to get to know each other, since we will be neighbors for 4 great nights ...
    goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.... Please see post #3841

This thread is for Feb 27 2011 Deck 7 Dreamers. We can use this thread to get to know each other, since we will be neighbors for 4 great nights - in only 15 months .

I'll start this off.

We are Paul and Lisa Houk. We have cabin 7690 - at the very back of the ship. We live in Montgomery, AL. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, and first without kids.

We will be celebrating our 50th birthdays, and our 25th anniversary.

I am retired Air Force, and I now teach 1st grade as my second career. Lisa is the bookkeeper at the same school, so we commute together each day. Needless to say, this cruise is not during a school break - that is why they give us personal days each year. Plus, I'll probably be sick when I have to leave the ship.

We have a DS and DD that are both in college. DD is a Disney fanatic, so she'll be extremely mad that she can't go. However, there is a good chance she may be in the WDW college program at the time.

Anyway, that's a short intro. I hope to hear from other Deck 7 Dreamers.

This a partial list of the Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors with their hometowns. Go to The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors.... Please see post #3841 to see the outstanding most up-to-date listing of Deck 7 neighbors - thanks to Colleen (tiggerwannabe) for putting it together.

7690 Paul and Lisa Houk [Goofypal]; Montgomery AL
    7186 Lesa and George Lamb [littlegrammy]; Kersey PA
    7182 Lori, Erin and Cassidy (DD10) [lorilovestigger]; small town PA
    7521 Sam and Ashley Turner [HappyGrumpy]; Chesapeake VA; Ashley bd Feb 25
    7014 Darlene and Keith Nagi [zeusywoo]; West Seneca NY
    7675 Shelley and JoAnne Scholl [shelbell77]
    7074 Jason, Heather, & Victoria (DD5) Heger [OrionPax]; Twin Cities MN
    7018 Gunny, Carol, & Annie (DD8) Wallen [Gunnyman]; upstate SC
    7021 Marc & Josiah Lorenzo [marcmantoo]
    7031 George, Joy, & Danielle Johnston [DisneyMagic71]; Aberdeen NJ
    7677 Mary Jo, Andy, Emily, & Wyatt Collins [Maryjo]; Knoxville TN
    7650 Nick and Cindy Antonio [NICKY MOUSE]; Medina OH
    7501 Greg & Linda Haas [pendric]; E. Bridgewater MA
    7502 Sarah Phipps & Sandy Flory [sekp1970]; NC
    #### Valerie & Steve Drew [MickeyBabe]; Pittsburgh PA
    7673 Greg & Gerrie Grimsley [Doc]; Nashville TN
    7080 Carl & Brenda Dicks [soarinsally]; Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    7082 Adam & Jenn Dicks [Yensid_Retlaw]; Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    7184 Jason & Jenny Brown, 2 kids [shred the rad];
    7006 Eric & Jacque' Steinmetz [WDWtraveler46]; Las Vegas NV
    7069 Stuart & Michele Sternberg [disneygeekdad]; central NJ
    7680 Angela and BF Brandon [zippitydoodah]; Guelph ON
    7012 Doug and Lesa Weaver [grumpy1971]; Olive Branch MS

I have updated the deck plan with everyone's cabin noted. A lot of WDWRadio'ers in the back of the ship!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by goofypal; 02-22-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: lori removed mad hatter
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: The Deck 7 Disney Dream Neighbors

Hi Paul! Nice to meet you "neighbor".

I'll be traveling with my mother. We've got a Cat 10A someplace on 7, maybe my email from mousefan tomorrow will have the cabin number in it.

I'm early 30s and a manufacturers rep for a major heavy equipment manager. Mom's mid 50s and is the HR manager for a small manufacturer. Both live in IL right now, mom near Chicago (home for me) and me in central IL (though I'll probably be living in CT by the time we cruise).

This will be our 4th DCL cruise, with the first three all having been on the Magic. We're HUGE HUGE disney fans, and mom's owned at Old Key West since I think the 2nd year they were selling. She's also an owner at Saratoga now too.

Hi back. You didn't say, but I guess from your screen name, you are Shelly? We have never lived in IL, but have been through there plenty of times. Lisa is from the Cleveland area, and we both lived in Dayton OH for 9+ years. So lots of trips across I-70. Plus, our DD goes to college in Iowa, and we go through the toe of IL to get to St Louis and beyond. Lisa's family is also from RI/Mass area, and she has cousins that live in CT.

We own at SSR (since 2004), and we love OKW. In fact we are headed there for 3 nights on Dec 20. It's nice being only an 8 hour drive from the World.

We had a wonderful time on our other Disney cruise on the Magic. 7 nights to Mexico with 2 stops at Castaway Cay. We had an inside cabin then, but are really looking forward to having a verandah this time. The cave was nice for sleeping, but I like having sunlight to wake up to.

As of last count, there were 7 cabins listed on deck 7. We have the making of a nice group.

Paul
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hi there! Sam and Ashley Turner Chesapeake VA.

Cabin 7521. Forward Inside! Never been above Deck 2 so deck 7 feels like we are moving up in the world!

We have been on 2 4 night Wonder cruises. Both were early Dec 07 & 08 so it was decorated for Christmas & we LOVE Disney at xmas! We head back down for land only fun on Dec 10th!

My Bday is Feb 25th so this will be a great way to celebrate my 34th bday! Husband will be 38 when we sail!

Let the planning begin!

Hey guys!! Some of you may know me as the Co-Host For A Day on the WDWRadio show #85. If not, take a listen.

This is our first Disney cruise and the family and myself can't wait. My husband, Erin, (yes it's spelled like a girl) and our DD, Cassidy (10 by cruise time) will be joining me. We're from a small hicktown in PA where there are more deer and elk than people. We're in cabin #7182 Aft (fancy ship term there).

I'm most excited about pirate night because I have a wee bit of pirate in me. And if there is rum around that's where you will most likely find me. I have a silly blog that I don't think is that great but it's something to do.

Not sure whatelse to tell you right now.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lori (I'm guessing that from your screen name - you mentioned your DH's name, but not yours ),

Welcome to the neighborhood. Were you the one that bid at the Magic Meet for the co-host spot? I did listen to that episode. Actually, I've listened to all of Lou's episodes, starting with his first podcast - MouseTunes? Anyway, anyone that co-hosts with Lou is a celebrity in my book. I'll be sure to give you the appropriate star treatment.

My only claim to fame is I met Michael Jackson in Korea in 2000 or 2001, and I have his autograph. I wonder if it is worth anything?

I lived in Harrisburg for a year when I was stationed at the Naval Supply Command at Mechanicsburg. And I have driven across PA many times from Ohio to New England. I also used to go to church camp in New Hope - right across from Trenton, NJ.

More later.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Welcome Ashley and Sam!

Are you originally from VA? I'm a native Virginian - born in Arlington and lived in Richmond until 13. Then moved to Long Island, NY. What a culture shock!!!!

Our Thanksgiving cruise had the Christmas decorations. They were beautiful. The first stop at Castaway Cay was normal, the second stop the decorations were up. I loved the reindeer treatment on the tram.

We will be at the world Dec 20 for 3 nights at OKW. Just a quick trip to get our fix and enjoy the decorations. It's only an 8 hour drive, so it isn't that bad.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

Hello Deck 7---
    stateroom # 7186 port side - aft

We are Lesa and George Lamb from Kersey, PA --- a town smaller than lorilovestigger's town ----- ohhhhh did I say?? We are her Mom and Dad!!

This is our first cruise and have been waiting for Cassidy to get a little older and for
    Lou and Beci to make the plans. Can't wait to see what all those two have "in the works" over the next year for us.

We are of the "older" group----- I am 55 and George is a happily retired 70. My birthday is Feb. 5th, so I will be celebrating a little late in 2011. We have been visiting WDW since 1983 and more often since Cassidy's first trip in 2004.

Some how Lori has become the fanatic in our family--- and I eagerly follow behind her on trips to WDW, to Magic Meets, Dream Team wrapping weekend, and even to DL and D23 Expo in September....{ refer to her blog--- see above...}

very much looking forward to getting to know you all.....

Oh, if I can figure out how--- after 1-1-10 I might start a "LOOSE to CRUISE" program for anyone interested... It would be something basic ... for fun...
    PM me with any thoughts on that.....
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

flutter is offline Moderator

Me (Tracy) and daughter Erica who will be 21 for the cruise, it will be her bday present, are in cabin 7527.
    There's a pirate night?
    This will be my second Disney cruise ..any cruise for that matter I did the 7 day western in 2003 but didn't make it to Castaway Cay so I look forward to that.

Hey lorilovestigger (I'll have to call you that until the first name is confirmed),

I checked out your blog. You should teach Harley to howl the DCL horn sound on the way to the kennel. Now that would be cool.

And I'm quite impressed with you running 2 half-marathons. Personally, I detest running (which is a bad thing with being in the military for 20 years), and it's even worse now with 50 year old hips and knees. I have to stick with walking. However, I am looking forward to walking around deck 4 a couple of times. But not as much as I look forward to walking around the midnight dessert buffet table a couple of times.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Me (Tracy) and daughter Erica who will be 21 for the cruise, it will be her bday present, are in cabin 7527.
    There's a pirate night?
    This will be my second Disney cruise ..any cruise for that matter I did the 7 day western in 2003 but didn't make it to Castaway Cay so I look forward to that.
    Welcome to the neighborhood, Tracy and Erica! This is a heck of a bd present. I think I got a card from my parents.

The Magic and Wonder have a pirate night. I'm not sure when they started them - it was after Curse of the Black Pearl. I know they had it in 2005 on our cruise. It is a lot of fun. There is special theming at dinner, and then a deck show after dinner. I think that is when they also did the fireworks.

I saw a post earlier asking whether they would have a pirate night on the Dream. I didn't see a definitive answer, so I guess we will have to wait to see about that.

And it is too bad that you didn't make it to Castaway Cay. However, the changes they are making to it will make it worth the wait.

So, where are you from, and why do you like the mouse?
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Welcome to the neighborhood, Lesa and George!

This is starting to sound like a pretty interesting deck. This is only day 3 after reservations started (believe it or not). We should have a lot of fun over the next 15 months getting to know everyone. And it will be great seeing what Lou and Beci have in store for us. I also can't wait.

So what is George happily retired from? And what made you like the mouse?
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

Lori,

Thanks for posting the link.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

I've invited Lou to come visit our neighborhood discussion, even though he will probably be many decks above us - away from the rabble of the lower decks. But we will have lots of fun.

We have several first time cruisers, so those of us with some experience will have to provide some inspiration of things to do - such as door decorations and gifts. Any ideas are appreciated.

We have to fill our 15 months with something...
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Hello Neighbors on Deck 7. Paul thanks for starting this thread!

We are Darlene & Keith from West Seneca NY. We will be taking up residence in stateroom #7014 at the front of the ship. Middle of ship I heard was good for 1st time cruiser, DH was a Navy man so he is familiar with bigger boats & subs. I do clerical work in downtown Buffalo now for 18 years. DH is a guard. I just turned 40 in May & was done in Disney as my gift from my DH & DD (still hasn't decided if she can go as she is in college going into Nursing) in June this year.

I am the Disney Freak of the family. No one can believe I got my DH to go on a cruise but he loves me very much. I have Loved Mickey & the gang from 1980 when my mom took me to WDW the first time.

So, yes will need help with the door decorations & goodies & gifts. I heard of this on a friends cruise. So please so fill me in. Looking forward to try A-Qua-Duck, Palo & the Champagne bar for sure.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 1 of 318 1231151101 ... LastLast