Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The Deck 6 Disney Dream Neighbors (WDW Radio Cruise) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by dusten Via Napoli... Our flight arrives at 2pm Saturday (Feb 26) so we will not being doing lunch there, but I have already been planning dinner at ...
    dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: The Deck 6 Disney Dream Neighbors (WDW Radio Cruise)

Quote Originally Posted by dusten View Post
    Via Napoli...
    Our flight arrives at 2pm Saturday (Feb 26) so we will not being doing lunch there, but I have already been planning dinner at Via Napoli (hopefully around 5pm).

On another note....
    We still need passports, but are waiting because my 3 year old is changing rapidly and want a recent photo that looks like her when we travel. Saw the price went up on July 13. Are they still good for 10 years?
    Looks like the adults are good for 10 years, but my daughter's will only be good for 5 years... darn, we were planning a trip to Europe in 6 years (to see Disney Paris of course).
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

julz19929 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by dusten View Post
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you along... you can probably offer some advice to the rest of us, such as... do you get off the ship at Nassau? have you ever tried the spa? jet ski ecotour on Castaway Cay? are you a Gold or Platinum Castaway club member after 5 cruises?

My wife Valerie and I went on DCL Wonder about 5 years ago and we loved it.
    I usually don't get off the ship at Nassau, but think I will on this trip, because I think my son will love the water park at Atlantis.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE SPA! Hope that I get a chance on this trip. Need to double check with the boy before I book anything.

I've done the banana boat (which I don't think they do any more) and the sting rays on Castaway Cay. Would like to try parasailing on this trip.

I don't remember which level I am at this point! I'm just excited to check out the new ship!
    Julie

There are so many questions from everybody that Lou may have to do a couple shows just about the cruise. I posted 3 or 4, I got some answers from the TA, maybe somebody here knows the answer to the others...

When will buses leave the resort?

The answer is DCL will usually leave the resort between 11:30am and 12:30pm to go to the port. When you check in, there is a onsite representative at the resort there who will assist you with your time and place for meeting the bus.

What day can we make ADR’s for Sunday, February 27?

The answer is you can make your advanced dining reservations at 180 days out. For pre-cruise, that will be on Monday, August 30th. For post-cruise, that will be on Saturday, September 4th.

What day can we start making excursion & onboard (spa, Palo) reservations?

Castaway Club members can begin making Palo, spa and excursion reservations 90-days prior (as long as final is paid in full). That would be November 29th.

How will it work for Magical Express? Will it be free from Orlando airport to Disney resort, then pay $75 for both the transfer from the Disney resort to Port Canaveral and transfer back from Port Caveral to Disney resort, then free ride from Disney resort to Orlando airport? Does the $75 include both to/from or each way?

I have done this as a land/sea package, but never piecemeal like we are this time. Can or should I link all my reservations? I am starting at Disney All Star family suite, going on WDW Radio Cruise (we have 3 rooms), then returning to Bay Lake Tower 2-bedroom villa (MK view!) on rented DVC points.

I have seen two different schedules for the Magic & Wonder. 1) Nassau, 2) day at sea, 3) Castaway Cay. 1) Nassau, 2) Castaway Cay, 3) day at sea. What days are we going to be at Port Nassau, Castaway Cay and the day at sea?

I noticed our flight is arriving around 2pm Saturday and from previous experience know sometimes bags do not arrive in your Disney room until 3 or more hours later. On a previous Disney cruise we had to get our bags ready the night before to be sent to the ship. I’m concerned that our bags arriving late may cause us to miss the bag check-in for the cruise. If we do need to check them the night before, what time do we need to have them ready for transfer to Port Canaveral?

Our last cruise on the Wonder seemed like it was mostly couples in their 30’s & 40’s without children, but we were in the late dinner seating so there were less kids at meals. It would be nice to see the demographics from Disney. On deck there were special activities in another secure area for the kids so even people with kids onboard were kid-free most of the time. In other words, you don’t see any more kids than on any other cruise line. You may even see less youngsters because they cater so well to kids with special programs and areas. The only big difference compared to other cruise lines seems to be the lack of gambling facilities. What is your experience with the age of most adults and number of children onboard?

We always get a PhotoPass at WDW, usually 2 cards so my wife and I each have one. Do they use a photopass card on the ship or is that just at WDW? Just wondered because they have a prepaid thing going again….. which I think is all the time now?
    Last edited by dusten; 08-19-2010 at 04:02 PM.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Quote Originally Posted by julz19929 View Post
    I usually don't get off the ship at Nassau, but think I will on this trip, because I think my son will love the water park at Atlantis.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE SPA! Hope that I get a chance on this trip. Need to double check with the boy before I book anything.

I've done the banana boat (which I don't think they do any more) and the sting rays on Castaway Cay. Would like to try parasailing on this trip.

I don't remember which level I am at this point! I'm just excited to check out the new ship!

Atlantis... They offer a swim with the dolphins experience that I would love to try, we will definitely do that when my daughter gets a little older.

I really want to do the spa, but my wife is not so sure.

We will probably stay on the ship at Nassau this time (to check out the ship).
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Hey all you cool Deck 6 people! I have been away from this thread for awhile. Last thursday our passports arrived in the mail 5 weeks from the day we applied. My wife starting panicking because they didn't send back her birth certificate. Then I read that they would send back your proof of citizenship in separate cover. It came the next day; for some reason I was glad to get back my old passport from when I was in high school and went to Spain. Boy did I look young at 16.

Southwest finally came out with flights thru March 11th on tuesday . So now we are booked for Friday for the precruise stay and coming back home on the third. Any body flying out of Philly? We've never left at 7 am before, it will be like when we occassionly drive; getting up in the middle of the night to get a real early start. Wish it was tomorrow morning. I'm ready now!
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi Deck 6 People,

We're staying in Cabin 6598. It will be my wife Anne Marie, myself, and our two kids, John (age 4, almost 5) and Adele, 2.

Adele will be too young to hang out in the Oceaneer Club, so you'll probably see us chasing her up and down the hallways a lot. Maybe we'll put her in the nursery from time to time.

We're excited about the cruise and look forward to meeting lots of great people.

Pat Chastain (Mike Fink)

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Hi Deck 6ers! Are any of you planning any shore excurisions? Are any of you staying at Caribbean Beach resort? That is were we are after the cruise.

flutter is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie19891992 View Post
    Hi Deck 6ers! Are any of you planning any shore excurisions? Are any of you staying at Caribbean Beach resort? That is were we are after the cruise.
    not sure what I"m doing in Nassau maybe staying on the ship, I want to parasail on CC...all the cool kids are at POFQ post cruise

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

We're staying at the Poly the night before the cruise, then we are camping at Fort Wilderness after the cruise.

This cruise is all about the ship for me, so I'll probably stay onboard in Nassau. We'll definitely hit Castaway Cay though.

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    not sure what I"m doing in Nassau maybe staying on the ship, I want to parasail on CC...all the cool kids are at POFQ post cruise
    Guess we are not with the cool kids we are at Caribbean Beach really didn't like POFQ

Hey deck 6ers! Everyone listen to October 10th's podcast were Beci and Lou answered cruise questions

Are any of you going to do the door decorating contest? Any themes in mind

Last edited by dusten; 10-22-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

DisneyMonkey is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hello fellow deck 6ers!!!

We are in room 6010! (Gwen-mom, Pat-dad, Evan-7, & Kate-5)

I am so excited about to cruise with the best Disney fans on the ship.

I am new to the forum- are there any group activities planned yet? What excursions is everyone doing?

Is anyone else staying at the Wilderness lodge for the pre-cruise?

Your not to far from us we are in room 6054.

Mom and i are talking about doing the wine excursion in Nassau

We are staying at the Hyatt pre cruise

DisneyMonkey is offline C-Ticket Holder

Your not to far from us we are in room 6054.

Mom and i are talking about doing the wine excursion in Nassau

We are staying at the Hyatt pre cruise

Hi Kellie!

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast