Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Disney Cruise Line Discuss The Deck 6 Disney Dream Neighbors (WDW Radio Cruise) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by DisneyMonkey Hello fellow deck 6ers!!! We are in room 6010! (Gwen-mom, Pat-dad, Evan-7, & Kate-5) I am so excited about to cruise with the best Disney fans ...
    Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: The Deck 6 Disney Dream Neighbors (WDW Radio Cruise)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMonkey View Post
    Hello fellow deck 6ers!!!

We are in room 6010! (Gwen-mom, Pat-dad, Evan-7, & Kate-5)

I am so excited about to cruise with the best Disney fans on the ship.

I am new to the forum- are there any group activities planned yet? What excursions is everyone doing?

Is anyone else staying at the Wilderness lodge for the pre-cruise?
    Hi Guys,

We're in 6598. I have a little boy (John) who will turn 5 on March 6 . . . maybe we can hook up. There are some other kids on Deck 7 too. I'll look you up when we're onboard.

Lou talked about activities a little last night during his live box people chat. Said they're trying to avoid competing with all the activities / shows Disney offers. I think he and Beci are working on stuff but are holding off announcements until Disney has shown all of their cards regarding their cruise schedule.

There's never a lack of things to do on these cruises.

I think all the WDWR people are dining on the same shift and restaurant rotation, so meals will be a good time to hang out.

We're staying at the Poly for the pre-cruise and are going to the dessert party at Epcot the evening of the 26th. Will you be at the party? Maybe Deck Sixers can meet then and plot our strategy for contending with the annoying folks on Deck 7.

After the cruise we're camping at Ft. Wilderness for a few days. Everyone's welcome to stop by our site for s'mores.

DisneyMonkey is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    Hi Guys,

We're in 6598. I have a little boy (John) who will turn 5 on March 6 . . . maybe we can hook up. There are some other kids on Deck 7 too. I'll look you up when we're onboard.

Lou talked about activities a little last night during his live box people chat. Said they're trying to avoid competing with all the activities / shows Disney offers. I think he and Beci are working on stuff but are holding off announcements until Disney has shown all of their cards regarding their cruise schedule.

There's never a lack of things to do on these cruises.

I think all the WDWR people are dining on the same shift and restaurant rotation, so meals will be a good time to hang out.

We're staying at the Poly for the pre-cruise and are going to the dessert party at Epcot the evening of the 26th. Will you be at the party? Maybe Deck Sixers can meet then and plot our strategy for contending with the annoying folks on Deck 7.

After the cruise we're camping at Ft. Wilderness for a few days. Everyone's welcome to stop by our site for s'mores.

Hi Pat & family!

We would love to hang out and I am always up for plotting.

I missed the live box people chat. Where can that be accessed? This is our first cruise, Disney or otherwise, but I have been checking out the Navigators available online and it definitely looks like there is tons of fun activities on these cruises.

This is our first Disney fan event too. We are definitely going to the pre-cruise dessert party. We should bring/make centerpieces reserving 3 or 4 tables for Deck Sixers (I am assuming there will be tables rather than a milling about type set up) to get the real camaraderie/rivalry going.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMonkey View Post
    Hi Pat & family!

I missed the live box people chat. Where can that be accessed?

This is our first cruise, Disney or otherwise, but I have been checking out the Navigators available online and it definitely looks like there is tons of fun activities on these cruises.

This is our first Disney fan event too. We are definitely going to the pre-cruise dessert party. We should bring/make centerpieces reserving 3 or 4 tables for Deck Sixers (I am assuming there will be tables rather than a milling about type set up) to get the real camaraderie/rivalry going.
    The box people live webcasts happen when they happen. Lou will put a notice on his Facebook pages and on Twitter, usually the day of. Lots of times they are on Friday or Saturday evenings. You access them through this site -- go to the "Social" tab and select WDW Radio Live! You have to set up an account to chat . . .

Lou announced this week he's going to do each week's news and rumors live via a webcast. I think on Weds. nights or whenever there's breaking news. He might stick around after the news to do live chats as well. There's a video of the announcement on the site.

I didn't know you could access the Navigators online. Is that on the DCL site?

The best times I've had on a Disney cruise have been hanging out and relaxing. Most of the excursions I've done were great too. I love exploring the ship since there's lots of Disney art everywhere. I've only been on the Magic, so I'm anxious to see what's in store for the Dream. The Magic is an amazing ship.

There are some nice families with kids on Deck 7 too, so that deck isn't all bad. Usually families with small ones end up at the pools during the day. My youngest is too small for the Oceaneer Club, but John will be there a lot if he wants to. There are Disney Movies in the theater and great live shows in the evening. Three days onboard will not be enough to time to do everything . . .

Our plan is to board as soon as they'll let us, so feel free to knock on our door and say hi. I'll look for you too at the dessert party.

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Here are some links to those Personal Navigators...
    (check the date as some can be quite old)

Platinum Castaway Club Disney Cruise Line Information

Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Navigators, Personal Navigators

Disney Cruise Line Onboard
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

WDW Radio Cruise 2011

DisneyMonkey is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks for posting those links dustin!

Mike/Pat- We will definitely stop by to say hi. I am sure that there are plenty on nice people on Deck 7- I mean, we are all Disney fans right! I am looking forward to meeting the whole gang.

I'm not sure how much time the kids will want to spend with us after they get an eyeful of the Oceaneer Club. They spend 2 hours of a 10 day WDW trip (staying at the the Beach Club) at the Sandcastle Club and THAT was the one thing they wanted to do again- ha, ha, ha.

I don't know how we will get it all in either. Disney has a way of making you wish you could be in 3 places at once.

Lots (and I mean hours, if not days) of planning is finally coming to a close. We are going to try the WDW Radio private bus transportation to Port Canaveral. Although with a 7:30am ADR at Cape May in Beach Club we will be cutting it close. I am still betting that Lou is staying at Beach Club pre-cruise.

Since nobody knows which floor on the ship Lou is staying, I told my wife "he may end up in the Bill G. Disney suite". Her response was "who" then she figured it out. Its on a lower level near the pump room (as in bilge pump). HAHA
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

MrToadsMildRide is offline A-Ticket holder

Cabin 6016, checking in! We (Todd, my wife Rachel, two daughters, Ashlyn-6, and Isabella will be 8 months for the cruise) are getting excited about the cruise. We took a Disney cruise for our honeymoon 10 years ago. We always said we would go on another Disney cruise for our 10 year anniversary. When Lou announced the cruise there was no question about going. We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Not sure how many of these are still in effect, but thought it worth reposting for those that have cruised with DCL before...

Favorite Castaway Club benefits like:

-Exclusive port terminal check-in
    -Early booking for onboard experiences
    -Special activities during their cruise
    -Even stateroom gifts have now been customized for each Castaway Club level.

Castaway Club members have always enjoyed Early Access to onboard reservations to Palo, spa services and youth activities. Now, that access gets earlier and earlier: While Guests sailing for the first time can book only 75 days in advance of their sailing, Silver Castaway members can pre-book 90 days before sailing. Gold Castaway members, 105 days. And Platinum Castaway members enjoy the option of booking a full 120 days before.

What's new? Gold and Platinum Castaway members enjoy even earlier access to book our newest itineraries. They also receive invitations to a new, exclusive reception with the ship's senior officers on 4-night and longer cruises. There are even new onboard activities created just Platinum Castaway members.

Castaway Club meeting?

informal Castaway Club member reception w/ the Captain on the 2nd day of the cruise
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    Hi Guys,

Annoying folks of Deck 7???? You're just jealous because us Deck 7 Cool Kids know how to P-A-R-T-Y!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

We have a 5:30 dinner ADR at Via Napoli and will be at 8pm dessert party.

Dusten, Valerie & Sylvia
    Iva
    Debbie
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

We will be missing the dessert party our flight doesn't land until 540pm and staying at the Hyatt so we will see everyone at the Port

Deck 6 ROCKS Lori!!!

WDW Radio Cruise 2011

WDW Radio Cruise 2011

I spotted a bunch of hidden Mickeys in those pics.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast