Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Cruise Line Discuss Recommended Nassau & CC Excursions? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My DW and I are going on our first ever DCL cruise in April. A 4-night cruise on the Disney Wonder. We have stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. Any ...
    futureWDWCEO is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Recommended Nassau & CC Excursions?

My DW and I are going on our first ever DCL cruise in April. A 4-night cruise on the Disney Wonder. We have stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. Any recommendations of excursions for each stop? We're going without the kids (as we'll be telling them...we're "testing it out" before we bring them ).

Do you need to book an excursion? Or can you just wander around and check out the area (a bit of a scary thought in the Bahamas, from what I hear). In Nassau is there a beach you can go to without paying however much to go to Atlantis? Clearly, we're new to this. We appreciate any suggestions folks may have. Thanks!!!!
    ME DW DD6DS4
    1995 - 1st WDW trip!! 2000 - WDW Honeymoon!!!! (GF & CBR) 2004 - 1st WDW trip with daughter!!! 2006 - 1st WDW trip with son!!! 2008 - Yet another WDW trip!! June 2009 - 1st DVC Stay!!! April 2010 - 1st Disney Cruise!!! June/July 2010 - BCV w/friends Dec. 2010 - WDW Reunion '10

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Recommended Nassau & CC Excursions?

I think they are offering a Segway Tour (that I would like to try) on Nassau now. Also, ecotour on Castaway Cay is good.

Watercraft Ski Adventure - Single | Castaway Cay Port Adventures & Shore Excursions | Disney Cruise Line
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Recommended Nassau & CC Excursions?

Castaway Cay is the highlight. I didn't do any extras. We just snorkeled and ate the whole time. I would totally skip Nassau if I were you. I went there for an hour with my family and found it totally disgusting. I was looking over my shoulder the whole time. Between the reckless drivers and hair braiders on every corner I couldn't wait to get back on the ship. The shops range from tourist junk to expensive jewelry. If you stay on the ship you pretty much have the place to yourself for an hour or two. That's more fun to me.